Chapter 16

Melody of my Life

“Minnie-ah. Minnie-ah wake up” Ryemin stirred in her sleep when her oppa walked in the room.

“You have school in an hour. Go home first and wash up. InHye wouldn’t want her unnie to skip school.” Hyejin pats Ryemin’s head while the other is starring at the lying girl in the hospital bed.

“She’ll wake up soon right oppa?”  Ryemin looked at her oppa with hope in her eyes. The lying girl hasn’t waked up since the operation.

Hyejin nod and looked at his sister and forced a smile hoping InHye would wake up soon.

“I know she will.”

Are you thinking InHye would leave you too Minnie? I wouldn’t forgive myself if something happened to her not within my hands. She’ll going to be ok. We will see her bright smile once again.

Ryemin kissed InHye’s forehead before going. Not forgetting to hug her oppa as they walked to the elevator.

“You want me to drive you home?”

“Nah. It’s okay oppa. They need you here.” Hyejin smiled at the words his sister said.

“You know what? I’m glad I’m your brother.”

“Of course you should! Hahaha. Me too oppa. Bye!” Ryemin start walking to the bus stop and looked back to her oppa.

“Oppa! Call me if something happens to InHye arraji?! If not, I’ll tell Sunny unnie about the nurse that has a crush to you!”

“YAH!”

///

Ryemin run as the wind passed through her hair. She looked at her watch hoping that the professor is still not in the room and for her to be able to go to that class. She didn’t mean to be late but she fell asleep in the tub while taking a bath.

“EXCUSE ME! PASSING THRU!”

Jessica was seated at her usual seat waiting for their professor to come and also that girl whom she wants to see. Another professor entered the room announcing that their professor is not around and told them to just do library work. Jessica held to knob but got startled when someone outside opened it.

“Sorry Mr. Kang! I didn’t---“ Ryemin said while bowing towards the door.

Jessica stifled her laugh as the other girl continues on her bow.

“Hahahahaha enough Ryemin-ah. Mr. Kang isn’t around today. We’re supposed to do library work instead.” Ryemin stopped as she heard laughter and followed by explanation from one of their classmates.

“Here you need this” Jessica handed a bottle of water to Ryemin as they walked towards the University Library.

“That was embarrassing. Wooh.” Ryemin said as she remembered what happened earlier.

“Yet it was so funny. Hahahahahaha” Jessica laughed with her dolphin tone while Ryemin is trying hard not to remember what she has done.

“Suit yourself then Jessica-ssi” Ryemin walked faster leaving Jessica who’s still laughing.

“Yah! Ryemin-ah! I was just kidding! Yah” Jessica fast her paced as Ryemin is now inside the library not minding her.

Did I say something wrong? I just said that she’s funny Is that wrong? Aiishhh that kid.

Ryemin was fascinated with the beauty of the books she’s eyeing. Her feelings could not be contained since she eagerly wants to start reading those books around her like a kid who’s in a amusement park for the first time.

Jessica looked around to find Ryemin. Since she entered the library she couldn’t find the violin kid she’s been looking for.

“Looking for your girlfriend unnie?” Wendy teased Jessica who stops by her side.

“Girlfriend? I don’t have one.” Jessica said while picking a reference book.

“Uhuh. Ok. If you say so. Who’s your looking for then?” Wendy kept on teasing Jessica while reading a book of her choice.

“Nothing? Gosh Seungwan-ah what’s up with those questions.” Wendy looked at Jessica closely and smiled before answering her.

“Nothing. And if you’re looking for someone, try to go to that row.” Wendy said and walked towards the table where her friends are after looking back at Jessica with a grin.

After a while, Jessica moved her feet towards where Wendy told her. Could it be that the one she’s looking for is there?

Ryemin immersed herself in the book she’s reading. Not minding the people who passed through her and those who are starring at her.

“The female lead left after she sets him free. She didn’t want her lover to suffer with her. In the end she returned but the guy has someone to be with him.” 

“Ohhh really? I feel sorry for the female lead. That dude didn’t know the reason? Wow what a guy.” Ryemin said before looking at the one whom she’s replying to.

“WOAH! Hmp.” Ryemin was shocked when she saw the one she’s having a conversation to was Jessica.

“Yah! Are you still mad?”

“Mad? Who’s Mad? I’m not mad.” Ryemin tried to focus her mind into what she’s reading but hand grabbed her book resulting to looking into that person.

“You are mad.”

“No I’m not. Can I please have it back?”

“No because you’re mad”

“I’m not”

“Yes you are!”

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are!”

“I’m not!”

“You’re not”

“Yes I am!” Ryemin held .

“SSSSSSHHHHH! Quiet! Or else”

“Sorry Ms. Hoon” Ryemin and Jessica said after the librarian walks to them.

Jessica smiled widely as she her plan succeeds in tricking Ryemin. The latter was still holding in her hand as she faces Jessica again.

“You tricked me!” Ryemin said in a whisper.

“In order to know if you’re still mad at me” Ryemin shakes her head and sighs as Jessica has her wide smile in her face.

“Look Sica, I’m not mad ok? So let’s finish this library work ok?” Jessica nodded and looked at Ryemin whose writing their reference books for their subject.

“Ryemin-ah”

“Hmm?”

“Ryemin-ah” Jessica continue to poke Ryemin’s side and the other faced her with a thinking expression due to the book she’s reading.

“Let’s eat after class.” Jessica smiled and stands up heading to where the tables are.

///

“Ahh. Gaja! Let’s eat!” Ryemin stretched her body and head towards the door. Not realizing that the girl who offered her to eat was still seating with a pout obvious to her face.

Ryemin and Jessica finished the library work on time and head to their other class which is under Mr. Song. Mr. Song told Ryemin to come to the faculty before the start of their class. Ryemin passed her works to the professor after having a little chit chat. Ryemin excused herself in going to the room before Mr. Song. She sat beside the sleeping girl and poked her cheeks nonstop til’ the Ice princess woke up.

“Yah Sica-ah ppali.” Ryemin looked at the girl behind her but the latter was few steps away from her walking like she has no energy at all.

“Wae? Something wrong?” Jessica shakes her head but the pout was still in her face.

“Then let’s go” Ryemin started to walk again not until Jessica grabbed the hem of her shirt.

Jessica held out her hand but the girl in front of her was confused with her action.

Jessica walk a head feeling embarrassed with what she did.

What was I thinking in the first place? Offering her to hold my hand? Wow! Nice move you got the Jung Sooyeon. Aiiishhh I hope no one watched what I’ve done.

“Gaja, Ice Princess”

Jessica startled when someone grabbed her hand. Only to notice that it was the girl whom she offered to. A smile crept into Jessica’s face while watching the back of the girl who’s holding her hand securely.

As they are walking in the field towards the university gate, rain started falling. Ryemin took off her jacket to cover her and Jessica and run to a shed but in the end only Jessica was being covered.

“Rain escalates quickly. Gwenchana Sica-ah?”

Jessica nods but a sneeze escaped her nose. Ryemin found her handkerchief and tried to dry Jessica’s face and hair with it. The older girl blushed at the sudden actions that Ryemin is doing towards her.

“Do you catch cold easily?” Ryemin asked worriedly

“Hmmm a little. Especially when it suddenly got chilly” Jessica answered her with a nod and a sneeze. Ryemin took her bag and searched for something.

“Here have this. Good thing I brought this extra jacket” Ryemin decided to pack her clothes for tomorrow since she taught on spending the night in the hospital and watch InHye.

“No way! You’ll get cold as well. You’re soaking wet”

“It’s okay. I don’t catch cold easily. Have this Sica-ah” Ryemin kept on insisting to give the girl her extra jacket.

“No! Seeing you cold will make me feel… awkward” Jessica retorted but in the end Ryemin put the jacket on Jessica’s shoulders and gave her a sweet smile.

“There! See it’s not that cold anymore right?” Ryemin asked while having her smile. Jessica nods and wiped the drips of water in Ryemin’s face.

“Do you have your car with you?” Ryemin asked and Jessica shakes her head.

“Wait here.” Ryemin run through the road not minding the rain that’s pouring.

“YAH!” Jessica only managed to shout at the running Ryemin. She doesn’t know where the other girl would be going.

You’re really something Ryemin Park. I don’t know what you’ve done, but I’m enjoying this ride with you.

Ryemin came back holding two cups of hot chocolate.

“I don’t know if you’ll like coffee so here I got you this.” Ryemin handed Jessica the hot chocolate. But then a cab passed by and stop in fornt of them. Ryemin talked to the cab driver and told Jessica’s address.

“Treat me some other time. You should head home. You’ll get sick if you’re soaked like that.”

“But… you’re more soaked than me.”

“I can wait for another cab Sica. Ppali the driver’s waiting.” Ryemin showed Jessica a toothless smile as the girl was contemplating either she’ll ride the cab or wait for Ryemin to go.

Ryemin waved her hand as Jessica was now in the cab.

Riiiiiinnnnnnngggggg riiiiinnnnnggg

Hyejinnie Oppa

Accept      Decline

Ryemin: Oppa

Hyejin: Minnie-ah! InHye woke up!

Ryemin: Jinja?!

Hyejin: Yes! Come ppali!

Ryemin ended the call and hail a cab heading to the hospital. Ryemin run to where InHye’s room not minding the people whose giving her a look because she’s still wet due to the rain.

“Minnie-ah! Why are you so so…” Hyejin asked but was ignored ny his sister who have all the attention to the little girl that’s lying in the bed. Hyejin motioned the nurse to go get a towel for his sister.

“InHye-ah. InHye-ah gwenchana?” Ryemin looked at the little girl with weary eyes yet she smile. Her hands the younger girls head. The younger girl nodded her head slightly.

“Oppa when can you take off the thing that InHye has in ?” Ryemin looked at her ppa as her oppa put the towel on her shoulders.

“After a day or two. It depends in her situation. If InHye responds well then maybe tomorrow we can take that off.” Hyejin smile to his sister and pats her head.

“Don’t worry InHye’s fine now. Go change first! InHye won’t be happy if her unnie will get sick. Right InHye-ah”

InHye respond with a weak nod.

Ryemin walked towards her brother’s office to change. But before she stepped into shower she remembered the girl whom she sends off earlier.

Jessica just comes out from the shower wearing her PJ’s and now drying her hair.

Bzzzzzat Bzzzzzt

1 message from: Crazy Violin Girl

Drinks lot of warm water, remember to dry your hair :)

Jessica stifled a laugh in what she had read. Yet her cheeks are tainted with pink.

To: Crazy Violin Girl

Dae unnie! Ryemin is so caring~

From: Crazy Violin Girl

. . . . . . . . I’m not caring just to anyone.

Pabo, of course you’re my friend.

Jessica’s cheeks are currently tainted with red as her mind can’t go off the first line she had read. Her heart is banging on her chest as she contemplates on what she’ll reply.

Ryemin was now in InHye’s room watching the little girl sleep.

Bzzzzzzt Bzzzzzt

1 message from: Ice Princess

Goodnight

A chuckle escaped in her lips after reading the message from the ice princess.

To: Ice Princess

Goodnight. Check your bag for an envelope. I hope I’ll see you there.

After sending the text message, Ryemin suddenly dropped her phone and felt a pang of pain in her head. 

"Goodnight my dongsaeng" Ryemin kissed Inhye's forehead and positioned herself in the couch holding her head.

Not tomorrow please. Just give me tomorrow as a break. Not when I’m performing. Sica-ah I'll be expecting you there, please do come. 

 


Hey! finally finished this chapter.

hope you had fun reading this chapter. 

I'll update after my final exams. wish me luck :)

Please do comment. I like reading insights.