Chapter 13

Melody of my Life

“Hi! Can I have two f this please?”  

InHye-ah Fighting!

 

I should’ve stayed in a house near the University. I never ever liked morning classes! Agh! Oh, the deal is now over, I wonder if she’s at school now.

Jessica walked to her kitchen and grabbed bottled water. Before walking out, she first checked herself on the mirror and locked the door.

“Morning Sica-ah.”  Ryemin smiled brightly to Jessica while she was standing up from her seat in the door step.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked Ryemin with her signature cold stare.

“Uhmm, this is the last day of our deal right?

“No, the last day was yesterday and as far as I remember me texted and called but you didn’t answered.”

“Sorry. I just had a busy day yesterday and my phone died. Please, I want to be with you this day” Jessica didn’t hear the last words and noticed that Ryemin lowered her head and because of that she can’t see the face of Ryemin.

“Arasso. Bye.” Jessica walked to the direction of the bus stop and left Ryemin alone. Jessica looked back where to her house where she left Ryemin, she saw that Ryemin is now sitting and a puff cheeks is visible in her face, she was still holding the hot chocolate and bread.

“Gaja.” Ryemin face lit up when she saw a pair of feet in front of her.

“You’re not mad?” Jessica chuckled at the side of Ryemin being like a child.

“Ani, gaja. I don’t want to be late.” Jessica sat in front and Ryemin entered the car with a bright smile that hid her eyes. 

“Ryemin- ah…” Jessica shifted her head from starring at the window, eating her breakfast.

“Hmm?”

“Ani, Nothing.” Ryemin stop the car because of the red light and saw that there’s some cream from the bread in Jessica’s lower corner lip and wiped it.

“There, much better.” Jessica blushed in what Ryemin. Before returning her attention in the road she gave Jessica a grin.

Jessica stared at Ryemin for God knows how long; she was puzzled by how Ryemin annoyed her at first but then she really find Ryemins’ presence as a comfortable companion through their deal. Ryemin’s mind was pre- occupied by thoughts on InHye’s operation and how Inhye fought her sickness besides not having her family.

“I’ll just park the car; can you wait for me for a minute?” Ryemin asked Jessica, as she faced her and gave a smile

“Arasso” Jessica nod before going out of the car and start walking towards the bench.

“JESSICA!”           “JUNG!” Jessica snapped out of her thoughts about school work when she heard two voices calling her name.

“YAH! JUNG SOOYEON!”  Jessica searched for the intruders who ruined her daydream.

“YURI-AH! SOOYOUNG-AH?!” The said two posed like a model while Jessica laughed at their antics.

“JESSICA-AH!!”  Yuri and Sooyoung run towards where Jessica was sitting knowing that their friend is too lazy to run.

“Yah! Sooyeon-ah! I thought you’re in US in your Mom together with  Soojung to continue you’re studies there?” Sooyoung asked while handling water to Yuri and Jessica.

“Yeah I stayed there for a year but as what you see I’m here now, I shifted program. I didn’t like my first program though.” Jessica replied having trouble opening the bottle lid.

“When did you come back? Where are staying now?” Yuri said as she grabbed Jessica’s bottle and open it for her.

“It’s been a month or 3 weeks I think , I’m staying in the house which appa recently bought since he was transferred here in Seoul” Jessica answered and looked at her watch.

She should be here by now, is it that hard to park?

“I see. I know Mr. Jung is busy in the hospital as Hyoyeon mentioned since she was helping his father with some paper works.” Yuri replied after while gaining a nudge from Sooyoung.

“Yuri-ah Yuri-ah!” Sooyoung keeps nudging Yuri and left Jessica confuse.

“Aish! Wae Shikshin?”

“Look, look! Minnie was approached by a guy!” Sooyoung pointed at the said girl and they saw that she is talking to a guy.

I’m waiting for a busy person who’s talking to a guy. Ok.

///

“Oh anyeong  Henry Sunbae” Ryemin Bowed to the  man who called out her name.

“No need to use sunbae Ryemin-ah, we’re friends right? Oppa will be fine.” The guy named Henry gave Ryemin a smile and the girl smiled back.

“Here, I always saw you having this in the school café. So I thought it was your favorite.”

“kamsahamnida Henry sun--- oppa.” Ryemin smiled after having the bread that Henry gave. True indeed that she always bought the bread.

“By the way, Mr. Song told me you should drop by in the faculty, before having your class.”

“I wonder why Mr.Song would want to meet me?” Ryemin have the clueless face which Henry found adorable.

“I wonder too. I’ll get going now. Bye Ryemin-ah” Henry ruffled the girls hair before walking towards the building.

///

“Oho! Our Minnie is now a lady” Sooyoung fake cried and lean towards Yuri’s shoulder.

“Yah shikshin stop! Minnie is still our baby and as Hyoyeon said she’ll always be Minnie baby” Yuri knuckled Sooyoung’s head resulting a glare from her tall friend

“Wait, Baby? Minnie?” Jessica asked confusedly.

“Yeah, that girl Park Ryemin is our baby.” Sooyoung said confidently and pointing Ryemin for Jessica.

“You guys know Ryemin?” Jessica stated in shock.

“Yes, you slowpoke. Yuri explain it to Jessica” Sooyoung stated bossily and have her legs crossed.

“Ok here it goes. Remember that one friend we always talked about? The one who flew to London to pursue her dreams/hobbies/studies? That’s Park Ryemin our precious dongsaeng. She’s Hyo’s cousin and that’s also the reason why she’s over protective to Ryemin. I and Soo met her when we were still kids. She barely speaks when we were kids though but since Hyo and Oppa always talked to her she decided to open up and let go. That’s when we knew why she would always shut herself out. She lost her unnie back then and that’s the start where she would not speak but then she met a girl and it gave impact to her, she went back to being a choding and focus in musical instrument together with the girl but then Ryemin lost the girl she considered as her first love.” Yuri explained as her memories with the younger Minnie went back.

“And to add, the other reason why she pursued playing the violin up until now is because she made a promise to that girl that she will fulfill her dreams for her.” Sooyoung added as she narrowed her eyebrows to Jessica.

“Do you know Ryemin Sica-ah?” Sooyoung asked curiously.

“Ah, Yes” Jessica answered nonchalantly still thinking about what Yuri said.

“How? Same program?” Sooyoung added

“Well, let’s say we met by accident”

“Wait! Don’t tell us you’re the ice cat lady our Minnie talked about?!” Yuri asked pointing at Jessica.

“Yes if that’s what you also want to call me.” Jessica sighs and gives off that icy feeling.

“Woah!  Daebak! I knew it! When Minnie describe the lady she talked about first thing that came to our mind was you!” Yuri clapped her hands while smiling in amusement. Sooyoung doing the same as Yuri.

Ryemin bowed and gave smile to the ladies saying bye to her. After talking to Henry, a girl approached her and introduced herself together with her friend saying that they always went to the café owned by her Sunny unnie/omma in order to see her. Ryemin was thankful that they keep coming to Sunny’s café. Ryemin eyes roamed to search for a certain lady.

Where would she be? Aish, I should’ve not left her alone though.

Ryemin saw a two familiar figure that’s laughing and clapping at the same time. Dorks

“KKAB-AH! SHIKSHIN-AH!” Ryemin shouted while running towards her friends not noticing that there’s

another person with her unnies.

 

“Oh Minnie! Done talking with your suitor?” Yuri teased the girl giving her a grin.

“Ani! He’s just a sunbae, he just informed me that Mr. Song is looking for me.” Ryemin stand infront of Jessica and gave her a smile and wave while she just received a glare from the latter.

“Really? Then what’s with the bread Minnie-ah?” Sooyoung also teased

“I don’t know. He just gave me this and told me about Mr.Song” a pout was visible in Ryemin’s face by the moment and it never goes unnoticed by the lady who’s just listening to them.

“Have you guys met before?” Jessica asked referring to Henry.

 “Dae, he’s a sunbae in one of my subject and he’s member of the school’s music organization.” Ryemin explained and eyed Yuri weirdly.

I knew you would ask that Sica-ah. The way you glare at that man when he’s talking to Minnie. Hahaha. Are you somewhat falling to her?  Yuri smiled

“Yah! Are you really out of your mind Kwon?! You’re grinning like a crazy person.” Sooyoung gave Yuri a smack in the head earning a laugh from Ryemin while Jessica was thinking who Henry is to Ryemin.

“Yah! Choi! Gaja! We’ll be late if we stay longer.” Yuri started dragging lifeless human tower.

“I’m hungry Yuri-ah! Let’s buy first”

“No time for buying food right now shikshin, just eat plenty in lunch.”

“Unnie! Here have this! I’m full anyway” Ryemin handed sooyoung the bread which Henry gave her

“Gomawa-yo Minnie-ah! Let’s have lunch later ok?! Byebye!” Sooyoung and Yuri ran towards their program building.

“Gaja!” Ryemin started to walk but Jessica beat her to it. Jessica was now walking ahead Ryemin ignoring her.

“sica-ah, Jessica, icey, maomao!” Ryemin keeps calling Jessica while skipping giving smiles to everyone who calls her..

You said you’ll be fast yet you managed to have a little chitchat with that guy. Aish! Calm your nerves Jung Sooyeon. Why are you pissed anyway? It’s because she kept me waiting. And? Jelous? No! of course not! Aish!

Jessica kept talking to herself and absentmindedly crossed the street were a car was fast approaching.

"SICA!"


hey guys! sorry took too much time to ppost this short chap. sorry.

please do comment or suggest or something :)

sorry if there's grammar error.