Chapter 9

Melody of my Life

It’s been two days from the time when Ice Cat Lady made a deal that I’ll be her driver for two weeks since her car is in the auto repair shop. Well I offer her that I’ll pay the expenses yet she rejected and come up with that deal and I can’t do anything about it when she’s giving me that icy glare.

(Ryemin's car)

And currently I’m in front of her house waiting for that ice lazy lady to come out. She gave me her class schedule and it turns out that we have the same program and schedule but her Tuesday and Thursday schedule has an additional class in the morning.

I looked at my watch and it’s already 7:30 her class will start in 8:00. Aissh! Seriously. I went to her front door and when I’m going to knock the door swung revealing a pretty creature. Wait what?! She’s a lazy ice cat ok.

“Hey, Ppali your class will start in 30 mins.” I said and walked towards my car.

“You don’t have that class?” she asked as she sat in front.

“Nope. I took that subject when I’m in England” I buckle up my seat belt. And ask her to also put seat belt.

I drove as the clock tick tock minutes before 8. We arrived at school 10 minutes till 8 enough time for her to get in that class.

“Thanks.” She said and walked to the department building.

She spoke to me huh? Someone woke up at the right side of the bed. Yesterday there’s no single word can be heard from her.

Now, where to spend my 2 hours? I drove to Sunny unnie’s café. I’ll spend my 2 hours there helping Sun-Bun.

“Annyeonghaseyo Sun-Bun!” I hop towards the counter and sat I front of Sunny unnie while she was making orders.

“Morning adorkable baby.” Sun-Bun said and finishing the orders.

“I’m not a baby!” I pouted. I pretended to sulk. Sunny unnie ruffled my hair.

“Ok. You’re not a baby anymore. Stop pouting people are watching you with dreamy eyes. Here help me please. Give this to the customers.” She handed me the orders and I started to give them out to the customers. When I’m down to the last one table which is composed of 3 girls.

“Here, enjoy.” I put their drinks and cakes and smile. When I was about to go back to the counter one of the girl held my hand.

“Uhmm… Hey. May we know your name?” the one holding my hand asked

“It’s Park Ryemin” I smiled. Awkward. She’s still holding my hand.

“Do you work here?” the other girl asked and the girl released my hand.

“Nah, I’m just helping Sun-Bun and well spending my free time”

“Are you perhaps her girlfriend?” the last girl asked. I just smiled to their question.

“Minnie! Need help here.”

“Sorry I got to go.”

“Oh by the way, I’m Eunji, the one who held your hand is Na Eun and that is Chorong”

“Dae, nice meeting you girls.” I bow and walked towards Sunny unnnie and received a flicked on the head.

“Awww. What was that for unnie?” I held my forehead and pout.

“You’re trying to flirt now huh? You’re still a baby.” Sunny unnie stated while giving me a glare.

“I’m not flirting and I’m not a baby.” I said and bow my head.

“Arasso. Mianhae Minnie. Here it’s your favorite.” I raised my head seeing a red velvet cake together with an oreo frappucino.

“Wah! Thank you unnie!” I ate and review my lessons for my class. I finished my food and went up to Sunny unnie to tell her that I’m going, she handed me my coat.

There are few students as I’ve entered the room and they smiled at me and I did the same. I seated at my usual spot which is beside the window. I was watching the scenery when the chatter suddenly stopped. I turned to see why but then I knew the reason. Ice cat lady is standing in the door which leaves the guys and girls stare at her. She walked towards the seat in my left and that’s when I realized that the design of our top in the same. I hope she wouldn’t notice.

“Wow, matching top.”

“Are they together?”

“They suit each other”

“They look cute together”

Those are some of the whisper’s I heard in the class.

“Hey” I greeted and she just nod. The class started as the professor entered.

I was in the car texting Yuri unnie that I can’t accompany her today and suggested that Hyoyeon unnie is free but when she texted Hyoyeon unnie, she said that she will be out with Taeyeon unnie. I was busy texting when the ice lady sat on her spot.

“Uhmm, Jessica-shi, are heading straight home or you’re gonna drop by to somewhere?” I asked her while starting up the engine.

“I was thinking of going straight home but I’m hungry. Mall.”

“Ok” I drove to the mall and by watching the time I hope I’m not going to be late in practice.

“Ahhm. Jessica-shi I have to go. Are you sure you’re ok by yourself?” I asked her as she exited the car.

“Yeah I’m fine. Thank you Ryemin-shi.” I nod and drove away.

I run towards the stage where the others are.

“Hey Ryemin-ah.” “Hey” Wendy greeted me and sat down to our position.

“Ok let’s start.” We practiced the given piece and polish the tunes of our music. Mr.Seo finished the practice earlier and wanted me to stay for he has to say something.

 “Ms. Park, you’re performance is highly appreciated in this orchestra. And I think I know where that came from. You’re the granddaughter of Mrs. Park, the music enthusiast known in the country for her outstanding skills and trained many musical personalities. And also you’ve been trained outside the country by a musical genius. That’s why I decided to give you a solo performance in the upcoming concert.” Mr. Seo smiled. What? Solo? Performance? In the concert? Oh my?!

“You’re joking right?” I asked clueless to Mr. Seo and he just laughed at me.

“No, and by that you’ll be accompanied by my daughter. She was also trained by your Grandma when she’s in her Middle school.”

“Oh my God! Really? A solo? Thank you Mr. Seo. Thank you.” I keep bowing giving my thanks to Mr. Seo.

“Alright, there she is. Ms. Park meet my daughter Seo Joohyun. Seohyun-ah this is Park Ryemin.”

Seohyun POV

“Oh! Anyeonghaseyo Joohyun- shi. It’s nice to see you again.” Ryemin greeted with a smile.

Calm down Seohyun-ah she’s a girl arasso. But her crescent eyes so cute!

“A.. Anyeonghaseyo Ryemin-shi.” Seohyun bowed hiding her pink tinge cheeks.

“Ok tomorrow will be your first practice so both of you please be in time. I’ll be going first.” Appa said

“By the way Seohyun-ah pick up your sister from her practice.”

“Dae Appa.”

“Thank you again Mr. Seo!” Ryemin-shi shouted.

We meet several times but I always feel nervous around her and now that I’ll be playing together with her. I hope I won’t be too nervous in terms my hands won’t play any keys.

“We’re the same age right? Can I call you without formalities? I mean if it’s alright with you?” she asked

“Yea.. Yes sure.” I answered fixing my shirt to disturb myself.

“Ok! Kajja! Let’s celebrate!” she held my wrist and start walking.

“Celebrate? For what?

“You, being my friend and orchestra partner and getting the performance together.” She smiled with her eyes. Seriously why her eyes disappear when she's smiling?


Hey! Thanks for reading :)

I happen to find a free time to update.This school semester killing me seriously.  

Research papers are waiting for me. So Thanks again and I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. :)