MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Survivor
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER FORTY NINE - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

 

 

“What the— we can’t leave without you guys!” Hyoyeon exclaims, having finally caught her breath. She pats Kyuhyun’s chest, letting him know she doesn’t need his support anymore. “I’m coming with you.”

 

“No, you're not,” I affirm. “Bora and I need to do this alone. We’ll be lighter on our feet and less likely to get caught if we’re smaller in numbers.”

 

“Aish!” She sighs, ruffling her hair in frustration. “Fine, but you guys better come back or I’ll come in here and kick your asses.” I grin and playfully punch her arm. 

 

“Gwiyeopda,” I tease, pinching her cheek. She smacks my hand away and pouts. I walk to the main door but stop, something greenish-blue catching my eye. I extend my hand to Kyuhyun and make a beckoning motion. “Keycard.” He throws it and I catch it, swiping it through the machine. The door opens and I see the blue haired girl from before.

 

“Who’s there?” she calls out. I know, judging from the bandage blindfold on her face, that she’s in the same situation as Kwangmin. I step into the room and walk over to her, crouching down to her level. She gulps and shuffles back. “What…what do you want?”

 

“My name’s Hyerim,” I tell her. “And I just want to help you.”

 

She scoffs. “No one helps anyone in this place.”

 

“Then it’s a good thing I’m not from here, isn’t it?” I reply, grinning. She her lips and leans forward, her hands reaching out. I let her feel my face, her fingers dancing across my features. She smiles.

 

“You seem kind,” she says. “My name is Lee Soonkyu…my friends used to call me Sunny.” She continues to roam my face with her fingers. “Are you really going to help me?”

 

“We are,” I affirm. She frowns, looking slightly confused. “Me and my friends. I got them out, with a little help.” I look over my shoulder and beckon them inside. “There’s Kyuhyun, Hyoyeon, Bora and twins, Youngmin and Kwangmin. Kwangmin is like you, he got his eyes taken out.”

 

She smiles sadly. “I’ve always been blind. Them taking out my eyes…it just added a little pain but no extra inconvenience,” she says. “For helping me, I’ll help him with his new disability.”

 

“Much appreciated,” Kyuhyun says. “So, uh, let’s bounce, yeah? Don’t wanna waste time we don’t have.” I shoot him a glare but he simply shrugs. “I’ll go unlock the other doors.” I nod.

 

“Can you walk?” I ask Sunny.

 

“I’m blind, not a cripple,” she chuckles. I roll my eyes. “I felt that.” I laugh and she grins, removing her hands from my face. I help her stand and lead her to Hyoyeon.

 

“They’ll take good care of you,” I assure her.

 

“You’re not coming?”

 

“I have others to rescue,” I reply and she nods, a small smile on her face. I nod at Bora and she opens the main door. Himchan and Jongup look up just as Seungyoon and some other guy, I presume Donghae, turn around. The former two jump onto the latter, locking them in chokeholds. They squeeze until the two males pass out. “Nice.”

 

“Just hurry up,” Jongup sneers. I make a face at him and walk out, Bora falling into step with me. “So from here, we take your friends to the barn and you go get the kids?” 

 

I nod. “Me and Bora.” I wiggle my left index finger between me and her. “First, get these two unconscious guys in one of the empty rooms back there.” I motion behind me. “Then get my friends out. We’ll see you on the other side.”

 

“The kids will be in the east wing, the room with the number 29 on it,” Himchan divulges. “Good luck.”

 

“Back at ya,” I reply. I nudge Bora and we leave them, waving at our friends over our shoulders. They wave back, worried looks in their eyes. “We need new clothes, these gowns will get us caught in no time.”

 

“Where do we get two of those scrubs?” she asks. I scrunch my nose up, tapping my chin in thought. Then, it hits me.

 

“I don’t know where but I do know who from,” I say with a smirk. We sneak through the corridors, somehow managing to remain undetected by hiding in the shadows and behind open doors. We finally reach the operation room I was in before and I peak in through the window. “He’s in there.”

 

“Who’s in there?” a deep voice asks from behind us. We freeze. Bora and I look at each at the same time, then slowly turn around to face Taehyung. He folds his arms and narrows his eyes at us. “Hyerim, what the hell is this?”

 

“Who’s he?” she hisses.

 

“The assistant,” I whisper back.

 

“I can hear you,” Taehyung whispers, though not really. Bora and I glance at each other then back at him. “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

“Uh…escaping?” I titter, hoping to buy Bora some time to think of a way to attack him. She takes a step forward but he pulls something out of his pocket. I squint my eyes as I try to make out what it is. 

 

“Taser,” he reveals. “Modified. One shock can mess you up pretty bad.” He tilts his head and looks me up and down. He lets out a sigh and shakes his head, lowering the taser. “Hyerim, what are you thinking? You can’t escape this place, you’ll only get yourself and your friend killed.”

 

“It’s a risk we’re willing to take,” Bora snaps.

 

“We need scrubs to blend in,” I tell him. “Can you get us some?” 

 

“Are you insane?” he scoffs, looking at me incredulously. “I’ve done enough for you. As much as this place is…unorthodox…I’d rather live here than not live at all.”

 

“Coward,” Bora mutters, just loud enough for me to hear.

 

“Fine, I’ll just ask Minki,” I say and his eyes widen. Then, they narrow. 

 

“Don’t you dare try to manipulate him,” he growls, stepping forward. Bora does the same but I put my arm out, holding her back. “Don’t use him, he doesn’t deserve that. He’d die for you, he’s that unstable. Don't use his insanity against him.”

 

Bora looks at me in question. I give her a look that promises I’ll explain later. She nods. 

 

“We need to get out, Taehyung,” I insist. “We refuse to be kept here as food. It’s disgusting and inhumane. You might be able to pretend it’s not happening because it’s not you it’s happening to. We’re getting out, with or without your help.”

 

“Fine,” he bites out, his eyes steely. “But don’t use Minki. Come with me, I’ll get you your scrubs.” I exchange a suspicious look with Bora. We nod at each other then follow Taehyung to another operation room. It feels familiar but I can’t recall why. The operating table is empty but there’s blood everywhere.

 

“What a mess,” Bora gags, making a face at the dirty floor.

 

“Just ignore it,” Taehyung mutters, walking over to a cupboard. I turn to Bora and lower my voice so he can’t hear me.

 

“I don’t trust him,” I whisper.

 

“Neither do I,” she whispers back. “Keep our eyes peeled?” I nod. Taehyung walks back over to us and holds the scrubs out. 

 

“Here, now leave,” he grumbles. Bora grabs them but as she does, she yelps in pain. The scrubs fall on the floor, revealing a needle he’s stabbed her hand with. He injects her with a clear liquid. I punch him hard across the face, making him yank the needle out and drop the syringe. I step on it and kick it aside.

 

Bora drops to the floor, her body spasming. Her hand twitches wildly before it completely contracts then goes limp. “Bora! Bora, are you okay?”

 

“Can’t move,” she gasps, looking very pained. She looks around frantically, her breathing coming out rapidly. Suddenly, thousands of volts blast through my body. My body spams crazily and I drop to the ground, facing up. I continue to spasm as I stare up at Taehyung. “Hyerim!”

Please log in to read the full chapter