SWEET REVENGE

Survivor
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER THIRTY - SWEET REVENGE [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2]

"Alright. Drive." The soldier steps on the gas and we blast forward. I'm thrown back by the force but someone catches me. Jungkook helps me back up and we sit down next to each other. "Thanks." The truck begins to bounce and jerk violently as we bulldoze through the Infected. I smack my head against the headrest of my seat and hiss, rubbing the sore spot. ". I hope this thing holds."

"It's a military vehicle. If it doesn't hold, I'll file a complaint," Julien states as he adjusts his jacket. It feels as though most of the space is taken up by him, only because he's so broadly built. It's intimidating how big he is but, at the same time, it makes me feel...secure. Protected. It's a nice feeling. "!" The truck swerves abruptly and everyone flies to one end of the vehicle. The truck starts to sway.

"Oh, no no no no no. , , , --" Jimin's panicked words are interrupted when something slams against the side of the truck and we're tipped over, everyone landing on the same side. I'm crushed under a heavy weight and let out a strangled groan. "Who is the fat lying on top of me!?"

" you, puny punk," Jungkook replies, getting to his feet. He yanks Jimin up. "Julien, you're crushing Hyerim." The weight is lifted from me and I sigh in relief, looking up. Julien's face is inches from mine and I can feel his breath on my skin. 

"Sorry," he mutters, getting up. He extends his arm and I put my hand in his, getting up with his aid. There are loud growls outside and the sound of metal being clawed mixes with it, chilling me to my bones. "I think it's safe to assume that we're surrounded."

"This thing won't hold for long. Will it?" Jessica asks.

"We don't need it to," I answer, moving over to the window. I squat down and open the little window. "Are you okay?" The soldier snaps his head in my direction and I see the look of fear in his eyes. He starts sobbing and I put my arm through the window, placing a hand on his cheek. "Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, you're still alive."

"For how long, though? It's only a matter of time before they see me," he whimpers and I feel a twinge of guilt. "I'm going to die here and it's going to be a horrible death." I shake my head.

"No, you're not going to die. I told you you'd live and you will," I assure him, patting his cheek. "How far are we from the aerodrome?" He nods ahead. I look up and see the large gates. "It's right there..... We were so close." I sigh and remove my hand from his face. "Do you have a weapon?" He nods and fiddles around, finally finding it. "Use it wisely. Here's what's gonna happen." I beckon the others over with my other hand. "It's safer for us to get out first since we're together and we have more guns."

"W-w-while y-you g-guys f-f-fight off the I-i-infected, I'll g-get him o-o-out," Karim says and I nod.

"Jessica, Jongin, Youngjae and Jimin. You guys grab the most important supplies and get them to the plane. The rest of us will make a path for you and watch your back," I declare and they nod in agreement. "We only have one shot at this. Make it count. Hwaiting!" I put my fist out and they all do the same.

"Hwaiting!" The shout in unison. Julien moves to the back of the truck and kicks the doors open. Immediately, the screams of Infected fill my ears and my heart leaps into my throat. With a deep breath, I rush out of the vehicle with the others closely behind me. Karim rounds the corner to go help the soldier. The pungent smell of rotting flesh fills my nostrils and I grunt, fixing my eyes on an Infected running straight towards me.

I whip out a pistol and my combat knife, deciding to go duel on this. As the Infected nears me, I launch the knife at it, landing it right in its head. I run up to it and yank the knife out, spinning around and firing a bullet at another creature. It drops dead and I pinch the knife by the tip of the blade then throw it at another Infected. I raise my gun again and glance around, mentally marking my targets. I shoot four of them in a row, catching one right before it lunges onto Mino's back. 

"Thanks," he grins, nodding at me. I nod back and start running towards the aerodrome. From every side, every angle, Infected come at me. I would feel overwhelmed if I wasn't so deadset on getting to that plane. I shoot more of them in the face then reload my gun, simultanously using my knife to stab two in their skulls. Mino catches up with me and kills one of them before it can latch onto me. "Just our luck that the place is overrun by these ers on the day we decide to make a run for it, huh?"

"No doubt," I agree, looking around while still firing the pistol. I spot Daehyun snapping one of the Infected's necks and whistle to get his attention. "DAEHYUN!" He turns to face me, an assault rifle in each hand and pointing at either side of him. "Get to the aerodrome, find a vantage mount and snipe the out of these things." He nods and does as he's told, darting through the beasts to get to the destination. They're hot on his tail but so is Jimin, who is killing them off before they catch up to Daehyun. After Sehun, Daehyun is our best sniper.

"Bora! Get Daeho out of here," I order and she nods, running back to the truck and helping the little boy out of his hiding place. They start running but an Infected jumps out from behind a boulder, tackling her to the ground. Daeho screams and throws his hands over his ears, shaking his head violently while his eyes are screwed shut. "DAEHO, WATCH OUT!" Another Infected lunges at him but the thing is dropkicked away by Julien, who only used one leg to do so. I run over to them and pull Daeho into my arms while Julien stabs the Infected that is on Bora. She scrambles to her feet and pulls Daeho into her arms.

"You okay?" Julien asks her and she nods. He moves her hair off her neck and inspects her. "You're clean. Let's keep moving."

"Where's Karim?" I question and, as if on cue, he appears from behind me with the soldier limping at his side. He rushes into my open arms and I kiss his head, relief washing over me. "Thank god you're okay. I'm with Julien, let's get the out of here." Julien pats the soldier on the back and we get moving. We run as fast as our legs can carry us, guns blazing as we blast our way through the herd of Infected. I look over my shoulder just once and see that they start dropping dead, one by one. Daehyun. I look up and see said male at the top of a tower, a red dot marking his laser sniper. 

"The gates are closing!" Henry yells and fear spikes inside me, along with determination. "I see them! YOONGI! SEHUN! CHAERIN, JIYONG!" They immediately turn in our direction when they see us. From here, I can't see what's happening but I know that it can't be good. Bora gets through the gates with Daeho, followed by some of the others. I look behind me and see that the soldier is struggling to keep up and has Infected close behind him.

"Hyerim, hurry up!" Jackon yells and I'm thrown back in time. It's deja vu - BamBam's situation all over again. "He's too slow, hurry up!"

"HYERIM, THE GATES!" Hyoyeon screams and without hesistation, I run towards the soldier. "HYERIM!"

"HYERIM!"

"HYERIM!!!!"

I ignore all their shouts, focusing only on saving the soldier. I reach him just in time to shoot an Infected in the head. The soldier looks at me with wide eyes, obviousy shocked that I came back for him. I grab his arm and put it around me, then start helping him towards the closing gates. "Don't panic, we can make it." The growls of Infected are getting louder as they catch up to us. "Don't look back."

"Just run. You're going to die if you try to help me," he says, tears streaking his cheeks. He tries pushing me away but I keep a firm grip on him. "Just run!"

"NO!" I snap. "I'm not leaving anyone behind." He picks up the pace and I start running lightly, dragging him with me. I'm practically carrying him to the gates but I don't care, as long as he lives. Julien runs over to us and picks the soldier up, flinging him over his shoulder as if he were a rag doll. "What are you doing?"

"Saving your . Now run," he commands and I do so obediently. We get through the gates and the twins instantly start rolling the gates down all the way. Hundreds of Infected slam into it, growling, screaming and clawing to get in. The mass just keeps growing and I watch in horror as they relentlessly bite the metal bars, their teeth breaking and gums bleeding.

"Crazy motherers!" Mino shouts, spitting at them. Bora smacks him over the head and he hisses in pain, clutching the sore spot. Julien puts the soldier back down and I walk over to him.

"Thank you," I say.

He quirks a brow at me. "For what? Saving your ?"

I laugh and nod. "Yeah, for saving my . And the soldier's." He shrugs as if it was nothing. I turn to the soldier. "What's your name?"

"Alex," he answers, wiping sweat from his forehead. "My name is Alex." I reach out and shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Alex. I'm Hyerim," I reveal and he smiles. He looks to be around sixteen or seventeen. I look over my shoulder and see Yoongi, Sehun, Jiyong and Chaerin. I bolt in their direction and come to a sudden halt when dozens of guns are pointed at me. Mohamed emerges from the group of soldiers, with Doojoon and Jonghyun trailing behind him. "What's going on here?"

"I should be asking you the same thing, Miss Choi," Mohamed replies, his jaw clenched. "You said you were leaving...you never said you were taking any of my people with you." His eyes flick to the bags in some of their hands. "Nor did you say you were stealing some of our supplies."

"We're leaving with them on our own accord," Julien tells him. "You know I'm not fit for the way things are run around here, Mohamed." The older man raises his brows at how casually Julien addressed him. "It's better for us to be gone."

"No one leaves the camp without permission. You certainly did not receive permission," Mohamed replies angrily. "Do you want to be reprimanded, Julien? Because I sure as hell don't want you to be. I don't want any of you to be. You're the Alpha Team, for goodness sake! You're supposed to set an example for the other soldiers. What is this, a rebellion?"

"A rebellion against unfair treatment, torture, malnutrition, abuse....an overall ty life?" Mino muses, rubbing his jaw. "Yeah, I think so." 

"This is your home. It might not be the best there is but it's all you have. It's all we have," Mohamed murmurs, his eyes stricken with desperation. "Don't make me have to drag you home. Please, I'm begging you." I frown, chewing on my bottom lip. Something isn't right, here...

"What are you doing here?" I blurt out and their eyes all fly to me. "Why did you come here in the first place?"

"Doojoon came to the board of chiefs and said he found some encrypting information in your systems," he answers. I narrow my eyes at him, willing him to elaborate. "You never told me you worked for the Chinese g

Please log in to read the full chapter