A PARENT'S LOVE

Survivor
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN - A PARENT'S LOVE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

Next update will not be for a while, midterms are coming up and I'm busy as well. Need to work hard to be accepted into university >.< Please bear with me! Hopefully there will be another update by this time next week <3

 

But hey, check out the new fanfic I'll be writing with my sis after my midterms ;) 

REBEL

Here's the trailer, please subcribe ^-^ (i might update Survivor sooner if you do ;) NO I AM NOT ABOVE USING BRIBERY, DO NOT JUDGE ME!)

 

 

 

“Come on, let’s do this swiftly,” I order and they all nod in agreement. We bust into runs and make our way to the car park. We skid to halts and immediately duck behind a car. “. They’re here already.” Julien peaks over the hood of the car.

 

“Only a few,” he whispers.

 

“A few more than we need,” I reply. “We can still do this.”

 

“Hell yeah we can,” Hyoyeon agrees. Sehun distributes the explosives and I weigh them in my hands. “These look like C-4 or something.”

 

“More like Semtex but not really. It’s very powerful,” he reveals. “We’ll split up. Cover as much ground as possible without being detected. Arasso?”

 

“Neh,” we all reply. “Hwaiting!” We split up and spread out. I have five explosives and I plant the first one on the door of a pickup truck. I roll behind an other car, right before an Infected turns and looks around. He lifts his nose up in the air and sniffs. Are you ing kidding me? I hold my breath and continue to crawl along the side of the car. Once I'm out of the water, I release the breath. The Infected moves along, obviously searching for the source of the fleshy scent.

 

I’m down to my last bomb when I hear a shrill. My head snaps in its direction. Did I get spotted? I look around but the noise didn't come from any Infected near me. I discreetly peak over the van I’m hiding behind. My eyes zero in on two people — a man and a little girl.

 

“GET AWAY! STOP!” The man screams as he beats an Infected over the head with a bat. He manages to get the Infected off the little girl and then takes a gun out. Don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do— He shoots it. I flinch at the loud noise. At the sudden sound, the other Infected all turn in their direction.

 

“Oh, ,” I mutter under my breath. The creatures all start sprinting towards the two people. My eyes snap to Hyoyeon. As if sensing my gaze, she looks back at me and we exchange looks of understanding. We nod at the same time and run out from behind vehicles.

 

“, really!?” Sehun exclaims. I shove the last explosive in my pocket and pull out my katana from the sling bag on my back. I whip past Infected, slashing their throats as I pass. I glance over my shoulder and see their heads fall off or come mostly undone from their necks. Nice one, Hyerim!

 

“APPA!” The little screams. The man gasps and shoots another Infected that has grabbed her. She’s hugging herself and wailing, tears evidently streaming down her chubby cheeks — I can spot them from over here. Something claws my jacket.

 

“ off,” I hiss, stabbing the Infected that has caught up to me in the head. I fish the explosive out of my pocket and throw it at the elevator nearby. It sticks to the door and flashes red once, indicating it is ready for detonation like the others. I reach the little girl and pick her up. I start running from two Infected that have locked their eyes on us.

 

“Here, pass her to me,” Julien orders as comes to a halt next to me. I put her in his arms and she clings to him, still sobbing. “It’s okay. You’re okay.” I turn around and shoot the two Infected in their faces. They drop like hot potatoes. I smirk to myself.

 

“APP—” Julien covers the little girl's mouth with his hand.

 

“Don’t scream or those monsters will come. Arasso?” he tells her and she nods, still crying. She’s adorable. She looks to be around the same age as Daeho, give or take a year. Julien turns to me. “We can’t leave the same way we came in.” It takes me a moment to register what he said because I'm too hung up on how sweet he looks holding the child.

 

I shake the thought from my head. “Why?”

 

“They’ve gotten inside from the other entrance to the mall.” I sigh and rub my temples. “What do we do? It’s your call.”

 

“We’re gonna have to wheel it out of here, I guess,” I say after some thought. “One of these cars have to work, right? We’re gonna need to drive through the mass.”

 

“We can do that,” he replies. He pats my arm reassuringly. “We can do it. Lets move.” I nod and we start running to check every vehicle. Sehun finishes killing off the last Infected that is in the car park — of course there are hundreds more but they have not gotten here yet — and he joins us.

 

“HARU!” The man from before hollers. Hyoyeon throws her hand over his mouth and his eyes bulge out.

 

“Keep quiet or we’re dead,” she hisses and he nods quickly. She removes her hand and they make their way over. The little girl leaps out of Julien’s arms and into the man’s. He hugs her as if it’s the first and last time. 

 

“Haru, baby, are you okay? Are you hurt?” he asks frantically, kissing her all over her face. She tries to reply but she can’t speak over her face being smothered by his lips. “Appa was so scared.”

 

“Appa, that monster hurt me,” she sobs and he wipes her tears away, kissing her again.

 

“You’re okay, you’re okay,” he tells her, hugging her tightly. He then turns to us. “Thank you so much, thank you. She means everything to me, thank you for saving her.” He puts her back on the ground and starts to fix her clothing.

 

“Is she your daughter?” Hyoyeon asks and he nods. “Haru, was it?” The little girl hides her face in her father’s chest. Hyoyeon crouches down to her level and smiles brightly. “Hi, Haru. I’m Hyoyeon. That’s Hyerim, Sehun and Julien. Nice to meet you!”

 

“She’s just shy,” the man chuckles, his child’s hair. “Thank you. My name is Lee Seonwoong but I go by…well, I use to go by Tablo. This is Haru, she’s four years old.” He gets up from his low stance and so does Hyoyeon. I shake hands with him. “Nice to meet you and thanks again.”

 

“Nice to meet you too. You’re welcome,” I reply. He shakes hands with Julien and Sehun. I chew on my lip as a thought prods my mind. Can I…can we trust him? Surely. I mean, he has a child…he can’t be dangerous. Right?

 

“You shouldn’t be out on your own. Join us,” Hyoyeon blurts out and I gawk at her. She shrugs her shoulders at me. “They need our help.” Truthfully, I'm thankful that she said it because it means I didn't have to. It seems I've already got a reputation for being too soft. 

 

“Hyoyeon’s right. Stick with us,” Julien insists and Tablo bows a full 90 degrees — with Haru on his hip, nonetheless — and nods happily. “Come on, we need to find a car and get out of here.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter