SACRIFICES

Survivor
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - SACRIFICES [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]

 

Cut this chapter into two parts because it ws just far too long. Enjoy~!

 

She raises her hand and I see the glimmer of a sharp blade. "NO! GET AWAY FROM HIM! DON'T KILL--" Her hand comes down and truncates his arm, severing off his hand. 

Kyuhyun screams. 

"WHAT THE !?" Hyoyeon roars as she reaches them. She swiftly drives her fist into the girl's face, snapping her head back. The hooded male steps forward but Taekwoon intervenes, shoving him back. Hongbin ignores them and rushes over to Kyuhyun who's currently bleeding out. My footsteps are heavy and I can't move fast enough to get there before the others. Youngjae brushes past me with a medical kit in hand. Taekwoon and the hooded male start circling each other while Hyoyeon and the girl advance on each other, preparing to fight.

"ENOUGH OF THIS !" Youngjae growls, making them stop. "I need everyone to fend those ers off until I can stop the bleeding and then proceed to tend to him in the plane." Hyoyeon and Taekwoon immediately stop their almost-brawling and move to stand in front of Youngjae, Kyuhyun and Hongbin. Daehyun, Jackson and Jessica rush past me to help while Sehun joins Yoongi in the cockpit to help start the plane and Jongin starts readying the rest of the plane for takeoff. It's then that I realise I haven't seen Henry yet. 

I'm too scared to go to the group that are out on the ground. Losing BamBam has devastated me and I won't recover for a long time, if ever. If Kyuhyun joins the list of people I love that have died, I don't know how the hell I'll cope. But he has everyone looking out for him at the moment, someone needs to look out for Henry. 

"Kim Jongin!" I shout and he looks at me. Seeing his face only riles me. All I see is the face of someone who tore me away from a friend when they needed me most. All I see is the face of the person who made me leave BamBam behind. "Where's Henry?"

"What are you talking about? He's right over--" He turns to point to a seat at the far end of the plane but it's empty. He looks around, confused, then panicked. "He was right there! Where did he go!?" 

"I'll find him," I growl, turning away. He grabs my arm and I recoil from his touch, tearing away from him. "Don't touch me."

"Hyerim-ah, I'm sorry. You have to understand, I didn't want to--"

"I don't want to hear it!" I snap, closing my eyes to calm myself before I turn back around and beat him senseless. "I won't ever forget what you did. I don't know if I'll ever forgive you, but I'll never forget it. You should have just left me there. He didn't deserve to die alone, he didn't deserve to die at all!" I catch myself and take deep breaths. "I'll never forget what you did, Kim Jongin." 

"Hyerim-ah..." He murmurs but I walk away, I don't want to hear any more from him. I force myself out of the plane and take out both of my melee weapons, twirling them in my hands before throwing the trench knife into the back of an Infected's head. I run up to it and retrieve it, stabbing it through another one of the creatures. I slash and slice through them like a grieving wife goes through boxes upon boxes of tissues. I make sure to keep my mouth clamped shut and look away for a split second if I make a messy kill: I don't want their blood inside me. 

"Where are you going!?" Jackson demands as I walk away from where they are.

"To look for Henry!" I shout back. Someone grabs me from behind and I twist my body to stab them in the neck but they restrict my movement. I stop struggling when my eyes meet Henry's cold ones. "Where have you been?" He releases me and takes something out of his pocket. He unrolls a ball made of soft, white material, revealing a gold cross necklace inside it. I recognise both items: BamBam's favourite shirt and the only jewellery he had that linked him to his parents. He always leaves--left.  He always left the necklace in the dressing room near the training hall, it hung inside his locker before he put it on for good luck before the team sparred. 

"I hate this shirt," Henry utters, breaking through my thoughts. His voice is heavy and wavering, emotion evident in it. "I ing hate this shirt so much and he always wears...he always wore it. I think he did it on purpose." I laugh but it comes out more as a sob. 

"He did. We always joked about it," I whimper, staring at it in his hands. "I'm the one who told him to wear it on your birthday." He smiles sadly and a tear slides down his cheek. I wipe it away and his cheek with my thumb. "He's in a better place, oppa."

"You don't know that," he sniffs, fiddling with the items in his hands. There's a screeching sound and he effortlessly blasts holes through the heads of four Infected. His eyes harden again. "Let's get out of here."

"Kyuhyun's hurt," I tell him and he raises a brow. "He...he got bit."

"What!?" He exclaims, shoving the shirt and necklace back in his pocket. "How the hell did that happen!? What do we do!?"

"He...someone...just come take a look," I grunt, taking his hand and leading him to our group. We rush past them and they spare Henry worried and sympathetic glances but he ignores them, his cold front back on. He'll never let his guard down again, I know that for sure. We reach Kyuhyun, Youngjae and Hongbin. I fall to my knees and put Kyuhyun's head on my lap, his face. "How is he?" His face is a sickly greyish-white colour and his lips are dry, his eyes dull.

"I've given him a sedative. We've managed to stop the bleeding for the moment...I had to use a tourniquet. We need to get him on the plane so I can cleanse the stump and properly close the wound. If the procedure is done well and in enough time, he won't lost any more of his limb," Youngjae explains. "Otherwise, he might lose his whole arm or, worse, die." 

"Then let's get him on that plane," Henry says and I nod in agreement. "Hongbin, can you safely carry him?"

"I can even do so without causing him pain," he replies. I

Please log in to read the full chapter