HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Survivor
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER FIFTEEN - HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]

A/N: hey guys, I'm gonna try to advertise this fic but as you know, that is very costly. If any of you would be willing to donate some karma points, I'd be ever so grateful and I'll even put you in the foreword or perhaps mention you in the story? Jeh-bal~~~! <3

 

For my plan to work, I had to be very inconspicuous. As much as I wanted to - and god, did I want to so, so much! - I couldn't single Luhan out anymore during training sessions. I sparred with him the same way as I did with the other trainees. So you can imagine me being harder on them just so that I could be harder on Luhan. It was a lengthy process, it tested my patience. But, finally, the night before my nineteenth birthday came and it was time for my first "partner" to meet his demise.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Youngjae asks as he looks around frantically. I roll my eyes and put my hands on his shoulders, forcing him to look at me. He's been standing facing the opposite direction while I was getting dressed: his role is to shadow me until the appropriate time comes. His eyes widen as he takes in my attire and I laugh when he blushes hard, his cheeks going bright red. He quickly looks away.

"Am I pretty, oppa?" I snigger and he looks at me then looks away again, getting even redder. I remove my hands from his shoulders and walk over to my mirror, reapplying my lipstick. I pull my red mini dress up a little higher, fix my black knee-high boots apply another coat of eyeshadow and mascara. I bat my eyes and smile at my reflection. This is the only time I'll ever be happy with my looks: when I can actually use it to my advantage. "I'm ready, let's go." 

We drive to the headquarters, where I received permission to host my birthday party. The generals would rather have me throw one there than venture out into the city and party it up in a nightclub, where I could easily be drugged or whatever else goes on in those places. We arrive at the headquarters, we check in and then make our way to the ballroom which is usually reserved for military balls only. I'm the exception. 

"This better work, I swear," Youngjae mutters under his breath as we near the double doors. We stand behind them and take several deep breaths. We turn our heads to look at each other. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be," I reply and he nods, pushing the doors open. We're immediately drowned out by the loud music and blinding disco lights. I've never been a party girl, probably because by the time I reached legal age, The War had been going on for almost ten years. We spot some of our friends near the beverage table and make our way over. Yoongi, Jessica, BamBam and Jackson turn and look at us. "Everything ready?" I have to shout so they can hear me.

"Yep! They're all in position!" Jackson shouts back. His eyes wander over my body and I blush under his gaze. "You look beautiful!"

"Thank you!"

The plan was simple. Sort of. Henry and Hyoyeon were in the training hall with Luhan and the group of trainees. Henry was there because it had to look like nothing was going on, Hyoyeon was there to lure them to the party with her looks and charms. The goal was to get Luhan to come to the party willingly, if not a little over-eagerly. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun and Daehyun were keeping General Xi and General Li entertained with their humorous antics as a form of distraction while Jongin and Sehun went to search for Taekwoon and Hongbin to keep them away from the scene. When everything went down, we didn't want the AIs intervening which they certainly would - and they'd succeed, too. 

I made sure to tell Henry and Hyoyeon to wait until an hour into the party so that the majority of people would be drunk when the trainees arrived and by then, it would be too late for the trainees to change into party clothes which meant they'd come in their uniforms. Uniforms that sported weapons. It was precisely 11:39 when the two entered the room with the soldiers behind them.

"They're here! How do I look?" I ask Jessica and she lets go of Yoongi's hand, using both of hers to jiggle my s and fix them. I look down to find that she's pressed them closer together, making them appear more prominent than they are. 

"Perfect," she grins, giving me a thumbs up. I grab a two shots of tequila and throw my head back twice, consuming the liquid. My throat burns but I shake it off. It's my first time ever drinking and the alcohol hits me immediately. 

"Oh, sh-sh-," I stutter, slapping myself a few times. Jessica grabs the bottle of tequila and reads the label. Her brows shoot up and she swears under her breath. Or at least I think she does. "H-how much percentage?"

"Seventy six percent," she replies, shaking her head in disbelief. "Hell, you're gonna need it for what's about to happen. Actually, here, take two more." I shake my head but she doesn't take no for an answer. She pours me two more shots and forces them down my throat. I sway back and forth and Jackson and BamBam jump forward, holding me up. "Can you walk?"

"Yeah," I mumble, taking a few steps forward. They're terribly shaky but that'll only look more convincing. She looks over my shoulder and smirks. Grabbing me, she turns me around and my blurred eyesight catches Luhan in the distance. "Game on." She smacks my encouragingly and I laugh, strutting - or at least that's what I hope I'm doing - to the dance floor. I sandwich myself between two of the trainees, not going directly to Luhan. It has to be believable. 

"Jesus!" I just barely hear Luhan exclaim. His eyes rake my body and I glance at him over my shoulder, throwing him a wink. He his lips but doesn't come at me. I continue to dance with the two soldiers, grinding against their bodies and swaying my hips to the music. I hate that I have to portray myself in this manner but I gotta do what I gotta do to complete the mission. I look back over to my friends and see Yoongi and Jessica making out, as planned - they didn't exactly have to be forced to, either. Jackson and BamBam are pretending

Please log in to read the full chapter