Observers

Miscellanea

IX

Observers

 

These are days of stolen glances and swift smiles – their schedule packed as never before, the fading excitement blended with an anxiety underneath, they cannot share more than just few glimpses of what they could have together.

These are days of light pats and on the shoulders, quick touches and even more quick meeting eyes – the day, when the camera is rolling and the fans are screaming, they just forget the need that lays within them, set aside that breath-taking sentiment that is what they are made of; when the night and the rest finally come, they are just ghosts of themselves, too tired to even stay together if not just for a few moments, their hands almost touching, so lightly that it’s nearly imperceptible, to not remember the needs of their bodies, to not forget themselves in the other one. They just don’t have time – no time for fingers clenching skin and mouths tasting their bodies.

These are days without them as a couple – they find themselves as “us” in those few seconds of luxury, when Taehyun smiles at him and Seungyoon eats him with his eyes. There are just observers, while their debut goes through.

 

But, from time to time, lead to touches and brushes lead to grips – when the stress is too much and the schedule is too tight and there is an event tomorrow, but Taehyun is smiling that smile that just means trouble and Seungyoon is entangling his body with his own in a not-harmless hug – then they just shrug off those observing rituals of self-control and final turns into lovers. It’s so easy to fall into those roles, once again, that every time it hurts a little more to come back to reality, after the night dies into a heartless dawn.

Then, when they forget and find themselves in the curves of the other one, in the small unnoticed mole on the collarbone and the trail of sweat on the neck, when their hands and tongues meet, fight, give in, and their voices harmonize in one – when Seungyoon is Taehyun and Taehyun is Seungyoon and they are music together, a pulsing melody that outlines their muscles and warms up their skin – then, everything makes sense.

And in those moments they are alive.

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

This is asmall thank you for 2K views and 73 subscribers and 11 votes! Thank you so much :') I know it's very short but it's just a small drabble, daughter of a hour of random writing at night <3

(ah just one note: this is set right after the debut and during japanese tour/etc)