Chapter 2

You're My Target!

I hurriedly grab onto my bag and textbooks when the bell ring for lunch. I didn't want to miss my spot in the school cafeteria. The cafeteria was usually a crowded place with students fighting for an empty table to sit. Liked me, everyone else rush to the cafeteria, except for a few people. People liked Xiumin and his friends. Girls would always save a spot for them or they would just choose to eat outside of the cafeteria. There were plenty of places to eat but the cafeteria is the best place since there was AC, along with nice chairs and tables. I met up with Aisha just when I was about to enter the cafeteria. She was kind of gloomy and was frowning. As we line up to get food, I asked her, "What's wrong?”

She shook her head and reach over for a tray. I rolled my eyes. Why would she not tell me? What is so shocking that you cannot even tell your best friend?

After we grab our food and settle down on a table, I repeated my question. She sighed and used her fork to poke at her food.

“I just...don't feel liked talking. “ she admitted.

Is it that difficult? If she was not willing to talk about it, it must be something huge. I nodded my head in understanding and began to eat my food. Stilled, I was just so worried. Aisha never acted this way before! What HAPPEN???? I just want to know what happen!

For the rest of the day, the thought keep on bothering me. Unlike me, Aisha was usually cheerful so when she was not, there was something very wrong. After the bell ring to mark the end of the day, I headed to Aisha's class to have a discussion with her once more. When I reach the class, I heard Aisha laughing with someone. She was laughing, but it seemed a lot liked she was forcing herself. Who was she talking to? I peek in the room to looked and gasp. It was BARO!!! He must be the reason why she was so upset. Did she confess and get rejected? But if she did, how can he still act so normal?

A thousand of questions ran through my head. I step inside to interrupt their conversation. I hated to be rude but Aisha was suffering and Baro was oblivious to it. Aisha's eyes widen when she saw me and I notice her biting her lower lip. Her eyes weren't teary but she was clearly trying to hold back her tears.

“Uh...Um...Aisha, I remember that you told me to walk home together...with you. " I lied.

Aisha was confused for a moment before choking out, “Ah! I...I remember.."

She turns to give a smile to Baro and tell him goodbye. She walk out the door first and I follow afterward. She was holding her tears in until we exit the school gate. She literally started crying. I knew it was coming but was still surprised. I grab onto her and gave her a warm hug and patted her back.

“Everything is going to be okay.” I soothed.

After she calm down and stop crying, she mustered out, "Baro is dating someone."

I gasped. What did she just say?

She bit her lip and continue, "It seem like they have been dating for a week now. She confess to him.and-"

She sniffle a little and was about to continue but I stop her. “It’s okay Aisha. You don't need to say anymore if you're hurting. And..."

I took a deep breath and apologize, “I’m sorry for being such a nosy person."

She shook her head and smile at me, "Thanks for helping me earlier.”

I return her smile and we continue home.

I was in deep thought when I reach home. After entering the house and changing, I came downstairs to watch television. The television didn't help me distract my thoughts since my head keep flying back to Aisha. She must be horribly crying right now. I was just about to call her when Grace appeared on the television. She was doing an interview. Grace was a popular idol who was just my age. She started her career in middle school and got famous in no time. She was tall and skinny with a nice figure. She had these beautiful brown eyes that seem to sparkle every time she smile. Her slightly pink lips were plump and kissable. Her eyelashes were thick and long and curl out. Her skin was a pale white and her brown hair fall naturally down. She was beautiful. I wonder how such a beautiful girl can exist. Whoever is dating her must be really lucky.

I snap out of my thought when my mom hollered from the kitchen, “Beatrice, go get some milk and butter at the grocery store!”

I groan. I hated doing grocery shopping! I still ended up going though. It only took around ten minutes to reach the grocery store. I got out of the couch and went to put my shoes on. My mom walked over to me and ordered, “Hurry up and come back home. I have no patience for waiting."

She handed me the money for the milk and butter. I grabbed onto my purse, in case I wanted to buy some snack. At the store, I scan through the aisle of milk and spotted the last milk. I reach toward it when someone grabs it all of a sudden. I turn to look at the person who grabs it only to find out that it was Luhan. He seems shock to see me too. He was looking at me in an odd way.

Luhan never care about any girls, especially a girl who bump into him and cause him to be angry. He never remembers any of them, so why is he staring at me as if he knew me?

He looks at me, then turn away with a heavy sigh. He put the milk into his basket and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded. It was only after he left that I realized there was no milk. Mom was going to kill me. I grab onto the butter and walked toward the cash registration. Luhan was paying for the milk and a couple of items. I walked up behind him and place my butter after him. He turns to look at me and then turn away again. It may sound weird but, it was liked he was avoiding me.

When I walked out of the store, Luhan was about to enter a car. Once again, he turn and look at me. Our eyes met for a split second before he turn around and enter his car. I wonder what was with his odd behavior.

The next day I bump into him when I was headed for my third period class. I never saw him when I walked to third period so why is it that he suddenly pop out of nowhere? I could feel his stare when I walk pass him. I didn't dare look into his eyes. There was just this odd sensation that I was feeling. It was liked, liked it was telling me something. I just couldn't figure out what it was telling me though.  I shook the thought off and headed for my class. I seated down next to Aisha and notice her red, puffy eyes. She probably cried the whole night. I wanted to tell her about Luhan and my strange encounter but decided not to. It was not as important as Aisha's and Baro's problem. She was already having enough problems due to Baro.

“Are you okay? " I asked.

She forced a smile and nodded her head gently.

“Aisha, I was wondering if we should go shopping after school.” I suggested.

She needed to have some fresh air and fun time. I bet that Baro was the only thing that preoccupied her mind.

She gave me a confused look before replying, “Okay! "

-------------At the clothing store----------------

I was in awe when I spotted this cute pink dress. Before I even ran to it, Aisha ran toward it and grab onto the dress.

“Look Beatrice! Isn't this dress cute? “She squeaked.

I laughed. She and I basically had the same taste in clothes. I notice her mood brightened as we talked and scan through the clothes. I walked toward the t-shirt section. There was a yellow shirt with an apple face wearing shining sunglasses. Below the apple, there were six words written, “You’re the Apple to my EYES.   "

I grab onto the skirt and spun around to show it to Aisha.

"Look Aisha! This shirt is so-"

Aisha was nowhere in sight but what stand in front of me was Luhan. I was so surprised at his sudden appearance I jumped in surprise. Was he stalking me? Why are we meeting so often ever since yesterday? He also wore the same expression as me though.

"Luhan, where are you?" I heard a girl called.

The girl voice was familiar but I couldn't remember who it was. Aisha popped out behind me and sighed in relief, "So this was where you were!"

I turn to look at her and when I turned back, Luhan was already walking away. Someone behind the clothes grab onto his hand and giggled, "Babo! Where did you go?"

Before I could see the girl face, Aisha pulled me to face her. She shows me a short, white jean, overall covered with black polka dots. She grinned and asked, "Do you think that I will look good in this?"

"Of course you will!" I replied honestly.

I could hear Luhan's voice a distance away.

I sighed in relief. So I was just imagining after all. There was no way a popular guy liked Luhan would start to follow me around. I wonder who that girl was. His girlfriend? I thought that he was single; at least that was what every girl in our school think. There was something familiar about that girl. I heard her voice before but can't remember where I heard it. Was I imagining too much again?