Chapter 6

You're My Target!

When the warning bell rings, I headed to my locker with Aisha. I grab my P.E clothes and put my bag into the locker. I lock my locker and headed to my next class with Aisha. I sighed as I remember everything that happens a while ago. Next period was P.E. and I was not ready to face the people in that class. Chanyeol was in my P.E. class. There was nothing wrong with him. We never had a conversation together but after what happen to Luhan and me, I did not want to face Chanyeol. I still remember how this afternoon I glare at him when he whistled. Looking back, I realize that I was being pretty immature. Maybe Chanyeol was making fun of me but I shouldn't have glare at him liked that.

Caught in my own thoughts, I did not realize the presence behind me. Someone tap my shoulder and I flinched. I turn my head to see the person behind me and saw Luhan. I sighed. Aisha was next to me but I was lost in my thoughts and forgot about her too. She gave me a look before glancing at Luhan. She gave me another look and apologetically said, "Sorry Beatrice, I need to go to my class."

My eyes widen because I knew what she was trying to do. She was purposely leaving me alone with Luhan. She had a huge smirk on her face. I was about to stop her but she ran away. I did not want to be left behind with Luhan but gave up in defeat and stay with him. I mentally groan to myself because I was stuck with Luhan. He was now walking beside me, earning me many girls' angry glares.

The two of us walked in silence and the silence was killing me. It was so awkward that I keep on fidgeting around until he spoke up. He began by saying, "Um...Bea..Bea..?"

"Beatrice. " I helped him. It seems as if he was struggling to say my name. I wondered if he even knew my name.

His face flushed in embarrassment, which oddly made me thought he was cute. I was still mad at him for what he had done to me but I couldn't stop myself from thinking he was cute. He didn't finish what he was going to say to me because we had reached the girls' fitting room. He smiles before walking away. He didn't say anything, not even a "bye." However, I was satisfied with that because I probably will not know how to react if he did say anything.

I enter the room to feel many glares shooting towards me. I sighed. Why is Luhan giving me such a difficult time? I shake my head to clear off any thought of Luhan and went to change my clothes. I don't have many friends beside Aisha but that doesn't mean that I was an outcast either. However, after the Luhan's incident, all the girls either avoid me or glare at me. Even the girls who I used to talked to ignore me now.

I sat alone at the corner of the gym to avoid everyone. The teacher arrived and coughed an, "Ahem" to gain our attention. Everyone was quiet and turn their attention to the teacher.

"Today we are trying something new." He started.

Everyone groaned because anything new was always bad.

"SILENCE!" He shouted. He continues, "For the next few days, there will be a team of two that consist of a boy and a girl. Your team will go on a scavenger hunt and there will be a prize for the winning team."

My mind blanks out as he gives more instructions. I didn't know any guy in the class and didn't feel like joining in the game.

"Now, go find your partner." the teacher ordered.

I saw some girls walking over to Chanyeol and they to be begging him to be on their team. Some girls walk over to find their guy to team up with. I decided to just be one of the leftover and pair up with an extra. After making that decision, I turn to look at the ground to study the design of the ground. I was so immerse in studying the design, I didn't notice the person standing in front of me. I looked up to see a giant, smiling at me with his huge grin.

"I don't have anyone to pair up with," he started, "So let's be partner! "

I was glad at his kind offer but look behind him. There were many girls a few meters away from us, giving me the death glare. It doesn't look liked he have no partners. What does he want from me?

I ignored him and looked away. He was probably messing with me. After the problem with Luhan, I did not want to create any more trouble. He bend down and block my view. I look at him with pleading eyes after I heard the gasps of many girls. I put my hands together and begged, "Chanyeol, can you just leave me alone? I do not want any trouble. "

He laughed and asked, "What? Is it because of those girls?"

He pointed at the girls behind him but I didn't say anything. I sighed in relief when he told me he understood. I was glad that he wouldn't bother me anymore. He stops bending down to see me and stood up straight. I thought he was going to leave. Instead, he suddenly holds my hand and pulled me up to stand. I scream when he pulled me up. I did not expect him to do that! I gave him a glare and he laughed before letting go of my hand.

I seriously wanted to punch him because now the teacher even notices us. The teacher walk over to us and asked, "What's the matter?"

Chanyeol grinned at the teacher and answered, "It's nothing, she was just surprise when I help her stand up."

The teacher looked at us suspiciously. Chanyeol added, "Oh, we just decided we are going to be partners for the scavenger hunt."

I was about to protest but Chanyeol suddenly wrap his arm around my neck, making me flinched. I really hated how Chanyeol was touching me all over. The teacher gave us another look before jotting down on his paper that we were partner. I couldn't tell the teacher the truth and angrily stomp at the ground. It will be weird if I ask to switch. I grumpily accepted the fact that I will be stuck with Chanyeol for the next few days. It will be a nightmare.

I immediately push Chanyeol away when the teacher left.

"Yah! Why did you tell him that I was your partner! I thought I told you that I did not want to be partner with you!  You can't just-"

He clasped his hand over my mouth to shut me up, making me even angrier. His finger was on his mouth, signaling me to be quiet. I slap his hand away from my mouth and mumbled, "I don't like people touching me."

He blinks at me and smile. His smile probably meant that he understands. I cross me arms and pouted. I was pissed at him and I was even more piss when I notice him suppressing a laugh. I did not know why but I feel offended. “What?" I asked.

He didn't answer and suddenly calm down. “Nothing, let's go. “He said as he reaches for my arm. I took a step away from him and warned, "I thought I told you to not touch me."

"No, you only said that you don't like people touching you. You never specifically say that it was me, “he reminded.

I glare at him before walking to the teacher. I could hear him laughing behind me and I could do nothing but angrily walked away.

“Now that everyone had pick their partner, it is time for the scavenger hunt to begin. 1-2-3 BEGIN! “The teacher announced.

No one was now in sight, leaving a dumbfounded teacher, Chanyeol, and me. We didn't know that everyone was so excited about the game.

“Well, let's go.” he said as he lead the way.

I follow him out the gym. He was only walking but I had to walk fast to keep up with him. His long legs helped him take longer steps while my short legs were nothing compare to his. I had a hard time catching up to him and was short of breath when he suddenly stops. His sudden stop made me slam onto his back. My nose hit his back and it hurts. I rubbed my nose and glare at him. He turns to look at me and chuckled.

"How was it?” he asked.

I did not understand his question, “How was what?"

"Following me." he answered.

"Obviously hard! Your legs are too long and it was as if you purposely walk fast to-"

I stop and gasped, "were you? "

He didn't purposely try to make me catch up to him, right? He gives me a sheepish smile before turning away.

“Yah!" I called. He was now walking in his normal pace, which was still hard to follow but easier than before.

“Yah!" I called again.

He ignores me until I shouted, "Yah! You Jerk! Yah! Park Chanyeol is a PIG! "

I knew that it sounded dumb but I was mad. Forget what I said before. I shouldn't feel bad for glaring at him earlier when he whistles before.

Chanyeol turn his head to give me his smile and stop. He turns over to me and signal, using his hand, "Hurry up!"

I groaned in annoyance. Park Chanyeol is so annoying!!!!