Chapter 4

You're My Target!

Aisha and I threw our tray away after eating.

 

"Let's go to class." she decided.

 

We both reach my class and Aisha and I sat down in the seats. There were already a few students in the room. Right after we began talking, Xiumin walk into the room with Luhan, Chanyeol and Tao. I ignore them after what happen at the cafeteria. I was still mad at Luhan's stuck-up attitude. Aisha and I began our conversation only to be interrupted by Tao.

 

He greets us with a smile. The rest were sitting at Xiumin's desk and chatting with them. Aisha grinned happily at him and asked, "so what are you doing here? "

 

He shrugged and turns to me.

 

"I met you this morning. May I ask for your name? "He asked.

 

Aisha rolled her eyes because he clearly ignores her. I chuckled a little at her reaction before turning to Tao and replying, "Sure, I'm Beatrice."

 

"I'm Tao." he introduced.

 

He took out his hand for me to shake. I felted uncomfortable with his sudden action but I still shook hands with him. He gave me a warm smile. The girls in the classroom gasped and shot glares at me and Aisha. We both shifted uncomfortably in our seats. We knew what the reason was for their glare. Tao seemed oblivious to their anger. He was the most adored and youngest in his group. All the girls cherish the maknae. He disliked girls and treated all girls the same. With his sudden action, it was bound to cause a misunderstanding.

 

His friends seem to realize the tension so they call him over. He gave me a small smile before returning to his friends. I watch as he walked toward his friend. My eyes drifted and landed on Luhan. I was surprised when our eyes met. He was watching me? He immediately look away after our eyes met.

 

Finally, Aisha and I can have our own conversation without getting interrupt.

 

"I think Tao is interested in you." she stated.

 

I scoffed, "You're imagining things again. First Luhan, now Tao."

 

I lean forward and asked, "Don't you think there's something odd with their behavior?"

 

She shook her head. I sighed. Maybe I am imagining too much?

 

When second period ended, I walked out the classroom and pulled out my water bottle. My throat was dry and I was pretty thirsty. I open the lid and gulp down the water. It tasted liked heaven. I was about to close the lid when someone bump into me and I accidently pour the water onto my shirt. It was such a bad luck day. I turn to look at the culprit. Once again, it was Luhan. There was no way to describe how angry I was at him.

 

"Yah! What's wrong with you! It's because of you that-"

 

I stop talking as soon as I feel many eyes staring at me. The students who were passing by had stopped what they were doing. It must be because of my shout. I was so angry at Luhan but didn't want to cause a commotion. I took a deep breath and turn away from Luhan. I closed the water bottle and began walking away. Luhan suddenly grab onto my wrist. I turn to give him an annoy look, "What do you want?"

 

He let go of me and suddenly took off his sweater. He handed me his sweater and said, "Sorry, I am really sorry. I got you all wet and your shirt is soaking up. Please wear this so that you don't catch a cold. "

 

I gave him a disbelief look. Should I accept it? The sorry expression he gave me made me feel a piece of guilt. It would be rude to not accept his sweater but I didn't want it. Before I could reply, he handed me his sweater. All the girls near us gasped. God, I'm going to be in big trouble! Stilled, I didn't want Luhan to feel bad so I accepted the sweater and thanked him. He smile and walked away. It was the first time he had ever smiled at me and I could feel myself blushing. I mentally slap myself for being ridiculous and headed to the restroom.

 

I took off my shirt and put on his sweater. A sweet smell immediately filled my nostrils. The sweater was warm and soft. I blushed a little. I didn't know why, I just did. I came out of the restroom only to be greeted by a group of girls. The warning bell for class was already ringing and I knew I was going to be late to class.

 

"I'm sorry, but can you guys let me through? I'm going to be late. “I told them.

 

" Are you stupid? Or do you not know why we are here! "She screamed.

 

I flinched. I didn't expect her to scream. Her scream was so loud my ears hurt. I knew the reason why but I didn't want to say it. It's not my fault.

 

Ignoring them, I tried to push through them. One of the girl got angry and pushed me back. My back hit the wall. I groaned. Was this considered bullying?

 

I glare at them. Now I'm getting angry. What right do they have to treat me like this? I open my mouth to say something only to be greet by a slap on my cheek.  The pain sting so badly. I touch my cheek and groan at the pain. That was my limit. I grab onto the girl who slapped me and was just about to punch her when the teacher nearby shouted. What bad timing it was!

 

I was sent to the principal office along with the girls.

 

"What were you guys fighting for? " the principal asked.

 

The girls kept silent and look toward the ground. They seem scare but I was not. It's true, karma is going to come back and bite you.

 

"They were going to hit me. All because of this. "I pointed to the sweater I was wearing.

 

He narrowed his eyes in confusion so I continue explaining, "Sadly, the guy they liked gave me this so they were jealous. "

 

All of them blush in embarrassment. The principle nodded his head in understanding after a few seconds of thinking. He turns to the girls and questions them. They all kept silence. Then the principle turn toward me, " I heard you were about to punch one of them."

 

"Ye-Yes...?" I answered timidly.

 

I'm so dead! Am I going to be in trouble too?

 

"It was for self-defense. Also, I haven't hit her yet. I was about to only. "I defended.

 

The principle thought for a moment before deciding, "Okay, you can go to class now. Here's a note to tell your teacher where you were. "

 

I nodded my head in thanks and accepted the letter. When I got to my class, the teacher yelled at me for being late. I handed him my note and went to my desk. When I sat down, I heard a girl whispered, "look, that's Luhan's sweater. "

 

"Luhan gave it to her." another said.

 

Mwoh?!!! How did people know about the sweater already? It was giving me a headache just imagining the constant complaints I'm going to receive from now on. Luhan was the prince of the school and I was definitely not the princess. I am so dead and it was all because of Luhan. I regret accepting his sweater.

 

When lunch came, Aisha greeted me outside of the class with a huge grin on her face . She was staring at the sweater I was wearing and I knew exactly what she was thinking. She elbow me and teased, " SO~~ I heard that you were wearing the school prince sweater. I guess it's true. "

 

I sighed in frustration and turn to her.

 

"You can't even imagine what happened to me."

 

She gave me a curious look before asking, "What? That Luhan gave you his sweater? "

 

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. She straightened up when she notice my serious face.

 

"These girls-"

 

I stop talking when I spotted Luhan. I patted Aisha to gain her attention and told her, "wait for me, I'm going to be right back."

 

I jog over to Luhan and his friends. He and his friends look at me when I reach them. I avoid Xiumin's gaze because I knew that my face will light up if I look at him. I look directly at Luhan and said, " we need to talk. "

 

Chanyeol whistle and earn a glare from me. I walk away and Luhan followed after. The hallway suddenly turns quiet when Luhan and I walk away. I could feel people eyes staring at me. I had never received so much attention before and hated it. I took Luhan to a corner where no one was around. I took off the sweater and handed it back to him.

 

"Thanks for lending me this but I wish to return it to you."

 

He got the sweater from me and kept silence. The mood suddenly felt awkward so I was about to leave. Then I suddenly remember something important so I turn back to Luhan.

 

"Luhan, I know this is weird but, have you been stalking me these days?" I asked suspiciously.

 

He looks at me in surprised and then broke into laughter. It was the first time I saw him act this way so I was confused.  I was also embarrassed. Was what I thought wrong? Why is he laughing?

 

He was laughing so hard tears began to appear in his eyes.

 

"Yah! I'm serious here! "I pouted.

 

He stops laughing and look directly at me. I don't know what he saw in me but he hold onto his stomach and started laughing again.

 

"Hey! Stop laughing! "

 

His laughing face was so charming that I found myself beginning to blush. When he finally calm down, he admitted, "Yes, I was stalking you."

 

I don't know why my face suddenly heat up. There were butterflies in my stomach. My eyes widen and I squeaked, "WHAT!!!!"

 

There was no way Luhan, the most popular guy in the school, was stalking me! I had been denying the fact for so long it seems unreal now that the truth had come out of his mouth. I shook my head in disbelief.

 

"What's with your sudden interest?" I questioned.

 

I could see him forcing a thin smile, "It's because I liked you."

 

I froze in spot. The answer was so unexpected that I didn't know how to react. I swear, that was the worst confession I had ever heard in my whole life.