Chapter 3

You're My Target!

The next morning, I went to school extra early to ask my Science teacher for help. After helping me, she handed me a couple of textbooks and asked if I will be able to return them to the library. I was just on my way to the library with the textbooks when my cellphone rang. There was a text from Aisha saying that we should meet up in the cafeteria. I was just about to text her when I bump into someone. I dropped my textbooks and curse myself for not paying attention. I lean down to pick up the textbooks while apologizing to him. I was too concentrated on the textbooks that I did not see who it was.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

He drop down and help me collect the textbooks. I turn to look at him. It was Tao. He gaze back at me with his huge panda eyes. His eyes scan me for a few seconds before apologizing, "I'm sorry for bumping into you."

I shook my head and also apologized, "No, it was my fault. I wasn't looking while walking so I bump into you. I'm sorry. "

We both stood up and he handed me the textbooks. I gave him my thanks and was about to leave but he stop me. He asked, "Where are you going?"

I was taken aback by his sudden question until he looked at my textbooks.

"The library." I answered.

“Mind if I accompany you? I can help you carry some textbooks. It seems heavy." he volunteered.

I smiled at him for his kindness but decline the offer.

"I already cause you enough trouble just by bumping into you. You even help me pick up my textbooks. I can't ask for more. Thanks for offering any way. "

His face shows a sign of disappointment.  He frowned but nodded his head in understanding. I then walk away after giving him another smile as thanks. Tao was a lot kinder than I expected. He wasn't a jerk liked Luhan nor was he a playboy liked Chanyeol. If only I can get to know him better. It seem like we can become good friends if we get to know each other.

I shrugged the thought off and continue my way to the library. When I reach the library, I turn in the textbooks. I was about to walk out when I notice Xiumin. He was sitting alone on a table and reading silently to himself. I was captivated by the scene before me. My heart squeezes tightly. I forgot about my surrounding until there was a buzz on my cellphone. My mind immediately flew back to reality and I got my cellphone out of my pocket. I read the text by Aisha. She was waiting for me in the cafeteria. I quickly texted her back that I was going to be there. I took another glance at Xiumin and walk out the door. The image of Xiumin burn into my head. I could hear the sound of my heart beating rapidly.

 

----------------------------------------------In the cafeteria-----------------------------------------------

Aisha was sitting alone in the table, gazing at her cellphone. She looks up when I reach her. I settle down on the chair and we began to have random talks until we were interrupted by Baro. He was with his girlfriend, Mina.

"Hey Beatrice, I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to you, Mina." he introduced.

I force a smile at her and gave her a little hello before introducing myself. She was a cute girl from head to toe with smiling eyes. Her facial expression was sweet and she looks innocent. I turn to look at Aisha who had a sour expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" Baro asked.

I sighed. What can hurt more than being ask by the person who hurt you?

Aisha gulped and lied, "It's nothing.  I only have a headache. "

He lean closer to Aisha and put his hand on her forehead. In a voice full of concern, he asked, "are you feeling okay?"

She blushed before slapping his hand away and joked, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm a strong girl. Thanks for worrying. "

I notice the look on Mina's face when Baro touch Aisha's forehead. It was a bitter expression and she glare at Aisha. It was obvious that she didn't like her boyfriend touching another girl, even if it was a friend. She grabs onto Baro and pulled him away from Aisha. She put her arm around his arm and clung onto him.

"Baro, are you going to get something to eat" she asked.

Baro turn to look at her and whispered something to her ear and made her giggled. It was obvious that they were flirting and using dirty language. Once again, Aisha started biting her lip. I wanted to stop her but she sat across from me. If I were to make any move, Baro would be suspicious of my actions. I sighed and lean back on my chair. All of a sudden, someone passing by bump my head against his hip. I groan and lean forward, rubbing the back of my head. I turn to glare at the person. Once again, it was Luhan. I groaned even more. Why are we meeting so frequently?

He smirked before apologizing, "Sorry."

I wanted to slap him right there. There was no sincereness coming from his voice and he was smirking while apologizing. I was right, he was a jerk. I tried to hold myself back from yelling at him.

"It's okay."

Tao came walking behind him and saw me. His eyes were full of concern and he asked, "What happen?"

Luhan shrugged and continue walking. Tao gave me another glance before walking after Luhan. I literally wanted to punch Luhan. What were Luhan and the rest doing here so early in school? They never come to school early or eat breakfast. Luhan and Tao went to a corner with only two seats and sat there. Luhan began to eat and Tao gave me another look before looking away. I decided to ignore them in turn back to Aisha and Baro. Aisha's mouth was wide open in shock.

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Did you just talk to Luhan and Tao!!!" She squealed.

I rolled my eyes. Even though she loved Baro, she was a fan of Luhan and his friends.

"I did. AND it was something stupid. I just hate Luhan so much. " I stated.

Aisha's eyes sparkle with curiosity and she asked eagerly, "Omigawd!!!! Did something happen? Something totally did, right? Tell me! Tell me!!!! "

We both forgot about Baro and Mina until Baro coughed in irritation. He seems annoyed by something but I couldn't tell what it was. Aisha and I look at him with a questioning look.

"Why are you so obsessed with them? They are nothing special." he said.

He asked the both of us but it seem as if the question was directed toward Aisha. He furrowed his eyebrows and waited for her to answer. If he wasn't dating Mina, I would have guess that he was jealous.

She shrugged, "I don't know. They're hot? What else is there for liking them? "

Baro opened his mouth to say something but decided not to. He put his arm around Mina which made Aisha tense up.

"Well, we're leaving. We seem to be bothering the two of you. Go on, talk about those HANDSOME guys you two are so into, "he told us.

He and Mina turn away and began to walk away until he suddenly stop in his tracks. He turns his head around and added, "Beware, handsome guys are liars. Never trust any of them."

Both Aisha and I scoffed at him and turn to look at each other before giggling.

"Handsome guys are liar? Hah! As if I could believe him! "Aisha laughed.

I nodded my head and laughed too.

I was laughing until I spotted Xiumin enter the room. I immediately shut up when I saw him. I did not want to get caught laughing so ugly.

"What? Why did you stop laughing? "she asked.

She turn to see what I was staring at. When she turn back to me she was grinning liked an idiot. "Oh, I see~~~"

I turn red before stuttering, "See what?"

She put her hands on the table and lean closer and teased, ' you like him! "

I slap her hand away and replied, " I do NOT!! "

She lean back and crossed her arms, "You totally like him. If not, you wouldn't be as red as a tomato."

I blushed even harder. "You're wrong. I don't like him! I just think he's-"

I stop talking when he headed our way. I knew he was walking to Luhan and Tao but I just couldn't help it. It was liked he was walking toward me. I hold in my breath and began to count. Time seem to move slower and slower. I gasped when he stop in front of our table.

"Sorry, have you seen Luhan? " he asked with a smile.

It was the first time he was talking to me and I was so nervous that I couldn't reply. So Aisha step up for me and pointed to Luhan and Tao.

"They are over there. " she pointed out.

Xiumin nodded his head and thanks us before heading to Luhan. When he was gone, I let out my breath. Aisha was laughing so hard at me that I felted embarrassed,

"That proves it! You totally like him!"She laughed.

I was too embarrassed to argue so I just ignore her. After she had calm down she asked, "Since when did you like him?"

I pouted, "I thought I told you that I did not like him."

"Fine, fine. I won't ask anymore."

She decided to change the subject and I began to tell her about Luhan and my frequent meetings.

"Is he stalking you?" she asked.

I shook my head. "That's what I thought at first too but it look liked he have a girlfriend."

Aisha was more shock at him for having a girlfriend than him stalking me. She complained at how the prince, Luhan, should not have a girlfriend and be single.

"I just can't understand why anyone would want to date him though." I said.

"What are you saying? Luhan is every girl's dream. He's every girl's prince charming!!!“ She exclaimed.

I nodded my head that I understand but only because I was tired of her nonsense. How can people even see Luhan as their prince charming? Sure he's beautiful and handsome but he had a bad attitude. When will I ever see him as a prince charming? That will only happen the day I die or the day I wind up falling for him. The second choice is impossible. There's no way I can fall for a guy liked Luhan.