Chapter 10

You're My Target!

I lay my head on the desk for a rest. I wonder how I was going to survive another day with Luhan and his friends. It was barely second period and I already want to go home.

Sadly, my peaceful second period ended quickly. When I walk outside of my class, a crowd of girls was surrounding someone. I tiptoe and tried to see the person they were so excited for. When I recognize a familiar color of hair, I decided to go to my class. I wanted to avoid attention. What was he doing here? I needed to slip away from the crowd. I quickly step past them and walk forward quietly.

"Beatrice!"

Crap! I ignore him and pretended that I did not hear him. Once again, he called my name, "Beatrice!"

I heard his footsteps walking toward me so I stop walking. He grab my arm and made me look at him. I look at the girls behind him. The crowd of girls had split up, creating a pathway for him.

"Did you hear me?" He asked.

He and everyone else was waiting for my answer. I gulp,  look at him, and lied, "Sorry, I didn't. I was deep in thought."

I felt a pain of guilt. I didn't want to say the truth because of the murderous glares his fans were sending me. However, I feel upset for lying to him. He was looking at me in such a trustful way. I feel like I was committing a terrible sin. I bit my lip and apologized, "Mianhe."

He patted my head softly and smiled, "It's alright."

I feel even worse. I look at him and was surprise at myself. He was touching my head and I didn't flinch.  I actually liked the feel of his touch. This time, I didn't feel the need to move his hand away. I almost frown when he stop patting my head.

"I'll send you to class." he volunteered.

I nodded my head and allow him to walk beside me. When we arrive at the classroom door, I turn to look at him.  I was debating with myself if I should tell him what I had been thinking about. I summon up my courage and asked him, " Luhan, can we start off as friends?"

His face brightened up and he gave me the biggest smile I had ever seen. He nodded and replied, "Yes! Thank you!"

Without any warning, he jump over and tackle me with a bear hug. He squeeze me so tight, I almost suffocate. I was too surprised to react. What was he so happy about? It's not like I was accepting his confession. When I return to my senses, he had let go of me and bid me a goodbye. Speechless, I was left standing there.

I snap out of my thought when the bell ring. I walk into the class and settle down on my chair. I tried to concentrate but my thought flew back to the hug with Luhan. It was a fact that I don't like Luhan in a romantic way. So why is my heart racing so fast? Why do I also feel so guilty? I'm not even Xiumin's girlfriend so why do I feel like I had betray him? Seriously, Luhan had just confess to me yesterday.

I hit my head on the desk. I hated how Luhan was confusing me. He was a jerk and now he suddenly turn sweet. Throughout my third and fourth class, Luhan was the only thing that preoccupy my mind. Am I such a shameless girl that I will fall for a boy in a day? Is Luhan still a jerk? Was our first meeting a mistake? God, I'm so confused.

I decided to skip lunch to avoid Luhan. I ended up calling Aisha.

"Hello?"

"Aisha?"

"What?" she asked.

Her voice still sounded so hoarse.

"Have you gotten better?" I asked.
She coughed and answered, "I'm fine. What are you calling me for?"

I sighed, " I don't know."

She laughed, " What do you mean you don't know? If you don't know, how am I suppose to know?"

"Luhan hugged me." I sputtered out.

She coughed and exclaimed, " What!"

So I recounted all the memories that happen today. It included Xiumin's mean behavior and meeting Kai.

"And then he hugged me." I finished.

"Damn, your life is turning into a drama. Are you sure you're not making this up or lying to me? " she laughed.

I pouted, "Aisha!"

"But Beatrice-"

"What are you doing here?" Someone interrupted.

I turn around and saw Baro. He was with his girlfriend, Mina. I was standing outside my fourth period classroom.

Aisha was no longer responding but I still had the cell phone to my ear.

"Just staying here. What about you? Why are you here?"

"I am searching for Aisha." He answered.

I heard Aisha gasped.

"I need to talk to her. Is she here today?" He added.

I shook my head.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Don't tell him I'm sick!" Aisha pleaded.

"I don't know. She didn't tell me." I lied.

I just lie to Baro but why is there no sting? I touch my heart. How come I didn't feel guilty for lying to him?

Baro thanks me and walk away with his girlfriend. I resume my conversation with Aisha.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Her response didn't sound convincing. I wanted to continue but the bell suddenly ring for the next class. Lunch was already over and I realized that I haven't eat lunch. My stomach was growling.

"Sorry Aisha. I'll talk to you later. I'll come visit you later, 'kay?" I told her.

"Sure."

I ended the talk and headed to the locker room. I was one of the very first girt to change.  I was expecting my clothes to be soak in water or thrown away. However, my clothes were still in the same position as yesterday. I had started to gain unwanted attention because of Xiumin and his friends. I wonder how I haven't been bully yet. I just hope that day will never come.

I change into my P.E. clothes and headed out the door. My stomach was growling and I feel so empty. I'm not sure if I will have enough energy to continue the scavenger hunt. I walk over to a pole and sat down. I lean my back against it. The sun was burning me but I feel so weak with my empty stomach.

The sun was block when the giant appear. It actually feels nice when he block the sun. He became my shade and that stop the sun from burning my skin.

"Where were you at lunch today?" He asked.

I shrugged. Why does he want to know?

"Gwenchana?" He asked.

I look at him. He gave me a worried look.

"I'm okay." I lied.

He smile and held out a hand for me. I shook my head. I didn't want to hold his hand.

"Oh, right. " he said.

He pulled his hand back and remembered, "You don't like me touching you."

I smiled. So he actually remembered? I pulled myself up but stumble down. Chanyeol caught me halfway and wrap his arm around me waist. He pull me up and asked, "Gwenchana?"

I nodded my head and he let go of me. I thanks him and look away. I lowered my head when I saw some girls. They had witnessed the scene and were quite pissed. I was glad when the teacher arrived. He gather us all and announced, " day two start NOW!"

Everyone scattered off except for a few girls. They ran passed me and purposely bump into my shoulder. I stumble back so Chanyeol help pulled me away from them.

"Thank you."

He grinned, "No problem."

We began our scavenger hunt. Luck was on our side today because we found three clues so far. The first was under a bush. The second one was blended in with a wall. The third clue we got was tied to a leaf, up in the tree. We were on our way to get the third clue.

"You climb it. You're taller." I suggested.

He shook his head.

"I'm too tall. The tree doesn't fit me."

He was indirectly telling me I was short. I groaned and look toward the tree. That was Chanyeol's excuse the whole day: " Oh, I'm too tall for this," or, "since you're shorter, you can reach it better."

Yes, he helped a lot today but it was still mostly done by me. He found the clues but I was still the one responsible for getting the clues. Getting the clues was much more harder. The clue under the bush made me crawl down and lay on the floor. I ended up with a dirty shirt and my arm was all scratch up. It was due to the result of reaching for the clue under the bush. The second clue was glue to a wall and I had to used up all my strength to pulled it off. Chanyeol was a lot stronger than me but he suggested that I did it. When I asked why, he answered, "because it's amusing."

I groan again when I began to climb the tree. I was never really athletic and climbing tree was something I never considered doing. The clue was getting closer and I reach out to get it. I grab onto the nearest branch and pulled myself up. I guess I was heavier than I thought because I ended up screaming.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

I shut up when I feel a strong arms holding onto me. Did I fell off?

Chanyeol was carrying me in his arms. I blushed in embarrassment but also because he was holding onto me. I was still holding onto the branch that was broken by me. Chanyeol smirked, "You're so heavy, you broke the tree's branch."

I felted so offended.

"Yah, If I'm so heavy, why don't you drop me-AAHH!!"

I landed on the hard ground . My cheeks felted so...URGH..There was no way to describe how painful they felt. I glare at Chanyeol.

He shrugged, "Well, you were the one who told me to drop you."

I couldn't do anything but throw the broken branch at him. He move and the branch flew past him. He laughed and went to pick up the branch. He showed me the branch and laughed, "Dude, you're so heavy. This branch is so big. How did you manage to break it?"

"Then go ahead and climb the tree if you're so light." I retorted.

He only respond with a laugh but still went to the tree. He easily climb up the tree and snatch the clue off the leaf. He return to the ground with a smile of triumph.

Once again, he handed me his hand.

"Last chance you're getting to hold my hand."

I slapped it away.

"I don't need it."

I stagger when I stood up but was able to stand up successfully. I rub my sore . I was already weak due to my empty stomach. Now my is killing me. I began to walk slowly. Chanyeol was just watching me in amusement. Liked always, I scowled and he laughed.

We continue our search, except much slower. Halfway through, I was starting to feel nausea. I was hungry and my head was spinning. I look over to Chanyeol and touch my throbbing head. He was staring at a pole. I feel like I was about to faint.

"-Yeol..." I called.

My throat was dry. All he did was respond with a, "Hmm?"

He did not turn around so I tried again, "Chanyeol..."

He did not turn around until I collapsed on my knees.  One of my hand was on the floor to stabilize myself.

"Yah! What's wrong?"

He rushed over to me and bend down so we can talk. Before I could reply, my stomach did. It gave out a loud and disgusting sound. Chanyeol gave me a disbelief look before bursting into laughter.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you! This is what you get for skipping lunch." He laughed.

I pouted. "I'm hungry."

It took a while until he quiet down.

"I'm sorry if this is going to offense you, but I need to touch you."

 I back off a little. What? Why is he asking this? Where is he going to touch?

"I don't mean it in a erted way. I'm just suggesting to carry you to the nurse office. So don't get any weird ideas." He explained.

I nodded my head in understanding. When he lean down to grab me, I wrap my arms around his neck. He put an arm behind me back and his other went to my legs. He swiftly pulled me up.

"I lied," he smiled," you're not heavy."

Then he quickly added, "You should feel lucky right now because not many girls get to be carry by me."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. I can't believe what he just said, especially since he's a player.

I rested my head on his chest. After reporting to the teacher, Chanyeol brought me to the infirmary. He place me on an empty bed and told the nurse why I was there. Then he left to bring me some foods.

 

After a few minutes, the nurse got a call. She got up and turn to look at me.

"I'm sorry, but I'm leaving for a moment." The nurse said.

I nodded my head. She left the room and I relax. I lay down on the bed and was about to close my eyes. However, I open them when the curtain next to me flew open, revealing Kai. He was on the bed next to mine. I was too speechless to react.

He smirked, "Hello, we meet again. Is it coincidence, or fate, that led us to meet again on the same day?"