Chapter 11

You're My Target!

 

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

 

I eye him suspiciously. Liked seriously, what is he doing here?

 

Kai slide off his bed and walk over to me. He scoots in closer and I crawl back. One of his hand went up to his hair and he push his hair back. His eyes continue to stare at me and I shifted on the bed uncomfortably.

 

"Hey Beatri-"

 

The door slam open and Chanyeol appear with a tray of food. He raise an eyebrow and asked, "Kai, what are you doing here?"

 

Kai broke eyes contact with me and rolled his eyes. Chanyeol ignored Kai and handed me the tray of foods. I gladly accepted it and began to eat. I was too bust stuffing myself that I did not notice that they were looking at me. When I notice someone staring, I looked at them and asked, "What?"

 

Kai answer me with a flick to my forehead. I groaned.

 

Why did he hit me with his fingers? We're not even close! Why is he acting so mean? Heck, we just met today! Why is he and his friends acting overly-familiar with me?

 

"What was that for?" I growled.

 

I rub the sore spot on my forehead and heard Chanyeol chuckling.  I lost my appetite because of Kai. So I threw my tray into the trashcan next to my bed.

 

"Are you feeling better now?" Chanyeol asked.

 

I nodded my head.

 

"Yeah, I feel better now.”

 

I quickly added, “Thanks, you can return to your class."

 

He left after giving me a smile. Now I was left with Kai. I suddenly remember this morning and Kai's short temper. I wanted to have nothing to do with him and decided to ignore him. I pull the blanket that was lying at my feet. I pull it over to cover myself and lie back on the bed. I turn my body away to avoid Kai.

 

"Yah! Why are you ignoring me?" He barked.

 

I never reply and chose to close my eyes.

Why is he disturbing me? Can't he just leave me alone?

 

I heard him sigh and heard a creak on the bed.  He probably return to his bed. Good thing he stop bothering me.

 

As soon as I thought that, I feel something thrown on my leg. I feel something crawl up and I tense up. My chest began to heave up and down. What is crawling?

 

I slowly open my eyes and look toward my leg. A small lizard was crawling up on my thigh. I screamed.

 

I immediately jump off the bed and the lizard landed on the floor. I rub my thigh to get the dirty germ off.

 

"HAHAHAHA!!!" Kai laughed.

 

My face flares up when I realized he was the culprit. I walk over to him and grab his collar. He threw his hands up in defense. Since we barely knew each other, I knew it was really rude of me to grab his collar. However, he had crossed the line. I did not know where he even got the lizard but I was too angry to answer myself.

 

"Yah!" I screamed at his face.

 

He covered his ears with his hands. His actions only made me more furious so I pulled on his collar.

 

"You are so-"

 

He pointed behind me and I went silent. What was behind me?

 

The answer ran through my head and I slowly look back. There was nothing. So I turn to Kai with and unamused expression. However, he was still pointing somewhere and smirk at me. I slowly look at where he was pointing. The lizard was half an inch away from my foot

 

Surprised, I jump onto the bed and smash into Kai. My back press against his chest.  

 

I was still pretty mad. It was his fault that I was in this situation! I began to hit him on his chest

 

"Yah! You better pick up that lizard and throw it away!" I shrieked.

 

He grab onto my wrists to stop me from hitting him. His grip tightened when he succeeded. I tried to hit him again but failed. I tried again and it resulted with him falling back on the bed and me leaning down to hit him.

 

"What are you two doing?"

 

The nurse was standing next to the door. With the position we were in, I feel like I was caught red-handed. I was still hovering over Kai who was lying on the bed. His hands were still on my wrists though.

 

"I-I…We...there's..."

 

I couldn't spell out my words. When Kai release my hands, I pointed at the lizard and said, "Lizard!"

 

"What is it doing here?" She asked.

 

"He did it!" I exclaimed.

 

She eye me suspiciously before shaking her head. She sighed, "Fine, now take it out."

 

I pushed Kai to get the lizard. He got off the bed and bend over to pick up the lizard. Then he open the window and threw it out. He return with a sorry face.

 

"Sorry, I was just playing with it but she got scared. Sorry."

 

The nurse looked guilty and she nodded her head in understanding. I could only rolled my eyes at Kai's acting. He smirk at me when the nurse was not looking. I was so glad when the bell ring for the next class. I jump off my bed and walk over to the door. Kai came over after talking to the nurse.

 

"Behave, you two."

 

I nodded my head and Kai only grunt. When she look away, I used all my strength and punch Kai's arm.

 

He yelped, "Ow!"

 

The nurse threw her head back and asked, "What's wrong?"

 

I put on my sweetest smile and lied, "Nothing."

 

I didn't bother listening to Kai's reply. I took this chance and storm out of the room. I ran over and blend in with the students. I knew I was dead if Kai catches me. Why is he acing liked a jerk? Yes, he's a jerk because he’s the number one player who broke every girl’s heart.

 

However, what did I do to get treated this way? I don't remember doing anything to him besides laughing when he slip and fell on the floor. I hope fate will not lead us to meet again.

 

I sighed in relief when I reach the library. It was my safe haven and I happily hop to the door. Mrs. Yuri greeted me when I arrived.

 

"Hello, why do you look so happy today?" She asked.

 

I was happy because I will not have to deal with Kai or Chanyeol or anyone else for the rest of the day.

 

I smiled, “Nothing.”

 

She gave me some instructions to pick out some books. Students have requested for certain books and Mrs. Yuri handed me the list. I grab onto the list and happily made my way to the bookshelves. I love books and the silence of the library.

 

My happiness was destroy when I saw Kris. I frowned. I forgot about him because I was too glad that I was not with Kai. I just hope Kris does not bother me.

 

 He was sitting on a table while writing on a piece of paper. All of a sudden, he looks up and I quickly look away. Not wanting any trouble, I went to find my first book. Every once in a while, I find myself taking a glimpse at Kris. He was good-looking even without trying! He flip through a textbook with his attractive and serious expression. It was not fair.

 

I rush out of the room when the period ended. I pulled my textbooks but stop when I realized something. I was still wearing my P.E. clothes. I smack my head for being an idiot.

 

I probably look liked a weirdo! No one walk around the school while wearing their P.E. clothes. I was probably the first one who did such as stupid thing.

 

I place my textbooks back in the locker when I remember I had no homework. I swung my bag over my shoulder and turn around. I yelped when I saw Luhan standing in front of me.

 

"When-When did you get here?" I stammered.

 

"Ah...I got here when you got here. I was just waiting for you." He answered.

 

I wanted to smack myself again. I was thinking about visiting Aisha and forgot that Luhan might walk me home.

 

"Sorry Luhan, I forgot to tell you that I need to drop by somewhere. Sorry, I can't go home with you today." I apologized.

 

His face show signs of disappointment. I feel so bad. Suddenly, his face lightens up when he notice something. He was still looking at me but a beautiful smile was plastered on his face.

“You look cute in your P.E. clothes.”

My face turned crimson red. I realized I was still in my P.E clothes. It was embarrassing.

“Thank you.”

After another conversation, his friends appeared. Kai was sending me a glare and Chanyeol was smiling happily at me. Xiumin just stare and Tao did the same. Kris was too focus on his cellphone to care. Luhan gave me a small smile before he began walking with his friends. I watch as Luhan disappear with his friends. When he was gone, I went to my locker room. There was no one present except for the teacher who let me in. I quickly change into my clothes and put the P.E clothes away.

I made my way to Aisha’s house. I push the on the doorbell. She open the door with a grumpy expression until she saw me.

“You came to visit me!” She cried.

She jump and tackle me with a suffocating hug. She didn’t let me go until I started coughing. When she pulled away, she led me into her house.

“How did you get sick?” I asked.

I follow her to the kitchen. She reach for a glass and filled it up with water. She handed me the glass of water and replied, “I don’t know? I just got sick, you know.”

I shrugged because I didn’t know. I grab the glass of water and drink it. I recounted what happen before I last saw Aisha. The last time I saw her was when she ditch me and left me with Luhan.

“Well, there’s no one who’s sick in the school.” I remembered.

“Maybe that’s because you’re not in my class. There are a few students who are sick with a cold. Come on Beatrice, It’s Winter. The air is freezing and sometimes it rain.” She explained.

What she said was true but the last few days were a bit sunny. I can’t understand how she could get sick so suddenly. Still, I couldn’t come up with a counter argument so I nodded my head. I place the glass of water on the table.

“How are you and Baro?”

I knew it was a sensitive topic but I wanted to know what she was thinking. She bit her lip.

“I’m trying to-Well, it’s just so hard! I don’t know what I should do!” She groaned in frustration.

She sighed and made her way to her room. She sat down on her bed and buried her face into her hands. I patted her back to comfort her. She release her hands and look at me when I settle down next to her. She had a pain expression on her face so I lean over and hug her.

“Don’t worry, everything will be okay. Heck, you deserve so much more. He doesn’t even know what he had lost.” I comforted.

She whimper a little and broke into sobs. I did my best to stay silent and just continue to pat her back.

Aisha and I spend the day talking until I realized it was getting late. It was nearly nine o’ clock and the sun had already disappeared. When it was time to go home, I bid her goodbye.

“Are you sure you don’t want my mom to take you home?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“I don’t want to bother her. It’s fine, Aisha. I’m a big girl now! I can take care of myself.”

It took some time convincing her until she let me go. As soon as I left her house, I regretted my decision. But I really didn’t want to bother them so I inhale some air. I took a deep breath and began to walk home. The way home was scary. There were barely any lamps or light. Everything suddenly seems much scarier. I jump at every noise or sound. Then the worst came. I stop in my track when I feel someone’s presence.

You know that feeling when you feel someone following you. I spun my head around to see but there was no one. I continue walking and heard the footsteps behind me. I stop again and the footsteps also stop. My heart was pounding so hard. It was about to fall off my chest! I put a hand to my chest because my chest was heaving up and down. I feel like I was about to have a panic attack.

I took a chance and ran. Immediately, I heard running footsteps behind me. I heard it coming closer and closer. I turn to glimpse at the stranger. He was a man around his thirty and wore saggy pants and his hair was messy. He looked a bit drunk. I couldn’t see the colors of his clothes due to the dark.

I turn away and began to cry. I did not want to be or kill. I pray that he will give up.

I run through the neighborhood. The cold night couldn’t help me from sweating. I was beginning to sweat a lot. My shirt was drench. After a while, my legs were beginning to get tire and he was catching up. I was out of breath. I turn a corner and look back again. He hasn’t reach me yet.

“Ah!”

I bump into someone and fell to the ground. I looked up at the person who I bumped into. It was not the man chasing me, right? Or does he have a friend with him?

The man I bump into had someone with him. He lean over to grab me but I slap it away. He tried again.

“Are you ok-“

I took a close look and cried as soon as I saw who it was. I was never so glad to see him before.

“Luhan!”