Chapter 12

You're My Target!

Luhan seem to recognize my voice because he bend his knees and lean down. He touched my arm and I flinch. I didn’t realize that I was trembling and breathing heavily. He back his hand away and look at Tao. Tao was standing next to Luhan and Tao asked, “What are you doing here alone? It is so late.”

“What’s wrong? Why do you look so scare?” Luhan asked.

His question was answer when a voice replied, “Hand me the girl.”

I immediately tried to stand up but my limbs went weak. I fell back on the ground. I glance at the man who was standing a few feets away from me. Without warning, he leaps over to me. I scream and close my eyes. I feel my body being pulled and suddenly feel my body heat up. I look at who was clinging on to me. Luhan arms were holding me tightly in his embrace. I never felt so safe before.

I turn to look at the man. Tao was holding onto his collar. He pushes the man down and threatened, “Next time you dare to do anything to her, be ready to die.”

The man grunted and skirted past us. I watched the man disappear into the night before turning to thanks Luhan and Tao. Luhan release me from his arms. All of a sudden, he smacked my head.

“Yah!” I shouted.

“Who told you to walk alone at night! Are you that stupid? What if I wasn’t here?” He barked.

“But I-“

“No ‘buts!’ Next time, you better not walk alone! It’s too dangerous for you!” He lectured.

He grab hold of my wrist and pulled me along.

“I’m taking you home!” he decided.

His angry expression made me think twice before arguing. He was right and I was also pretty scare of walking home alone. The man from before may be hiding somewhere in the dark and attack me. I shuddered and let Luhan drag me home.

“Thank you for saving me and sending me home safely.” I thanked him when I arrived home.

Luhan patted my head and smiled, “No problem.”

I felt my stomach flip for a second. There was sudden warmth and I could feel myself blushing. I nodded my head and enter my house. Right after I locked the door, I ran up the stairs and into my room. I slam my bedroom door and ran to peek out the window. Luhan and Tao were still standing outside my house. Tao said something to Luhan and Luhan pulled out his cellphone.  Immediately, a beautiful smile spread across Luhan’s face.

It was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen him with. This smile made all the smiles from before seem fake. What cause him to smile so happily? Who was he talking to? Who made him show such a beautiful smile?

I feel a tug at my heart. There was a sudden sting but I ignore it. Curious, I open the window a little bit. The night was quiet. Luhan’s voice rang throughout the entire neighborhood.

“Let me talk to noona too!” Tao whined.

Tao tried to reach for the cellphone but Luhan move away. Tao pouted and angrily stomp on the ground liked a child.

Luhan laughed, “I think I am finally starting to get to her.”

There was another sting in my chest. What was I feeling? I suddenly feel so unhappy. I close the window and slump on the bed. It was no longer interesting to listen to his conversation. Who was he talking to? The question haunts me throughout the night.

I woke up with dark under eyes the next morning. My under eyes reminded me of Tao’s under eyes. I chuckle to myself for being ridiculous. He looked so handsome with these while I look liked a zombie.

As usual, I walked to school. I was surprise when I met up with Aisha.  She looked paler than yesterday. She no longer cough but her voice was still coarse.

“Why did you come to school today?” I asked.

She shrugged, “I was bored staying home. How was the way home?”

I shuddered the moment I remember what happened. I never want to experience anything like that again.

“Beatrice?”

“Beatrice!”

I snap out of my thought.

“What?”

She touched my forehead.

“You’re not sick too, right? You stop responding for a second.”

“I’m not sick. I was just thinking.” I reassured her.

“Thinking about what?”

Aisha and I turn to the owner of the question.

“Are you feeling well?” Luhan asked.

I my head to one side and look at him in confusion. Feeling well? What is he talking about? I’m not sick.

“You shouldn’t walk home alone anymore.” Tao suggested.

“Why?” Aisha asked.

Tao told her the incident from yesterday and her face turn pale. She pulled me over and began checking my body, causing a scene. Many students stare in bewilderment.

“Omo! Are you okay? Why didn’t you tell me? I shouldn’t have let you go home alone! Should you really be at school? What if-“

I sighed, “I’m fine.”

My eyes met up with Luhan and the memories flooded back. His embrace feels so warm and safe. My cheeks began to burn. I never knew he can be so manly, considering his feminine face.

“I’m glad that you are safe.” He said.

He reach for my head and I flinched. I thought that he was going to smack my head again. Instead, his hand landed softly on my hair and he patted my head. I let him continue patting my head. I was starting to get use to his touch and it was quite comfortable.

“Let’s head to the cafeteria.”

I shook my head and refuse his offer.

“I need to head somewhere first.”

He nodded his head and release his touch. He signal for Tao to follow him and they left.

“I feel so bad!!!” Aisha cried.

I couldn’t help laughing.

“Come on, Aisha. Look at me,” I pointed at myself, “I’m fine.”

She shook her head and announced, “I’m never letting you walk home again!”

Her expression suddenly change liked she just remember something important.

She gasped, “Luhan save you, right? What did it feel liked?”

My stomach was flipping inside but I didn’t want to let her have her satisfaction. So I kept a straight face and shrugged, “I don’t know.”

She scoffed, “Yeah right, you just don’t want to tell me!”

“So where are we going?” She asked, changing the subject.

I furrowed my eyes in confusion.

“What are you talking about? Going where?” I asked.

“You rejected Luhan’s offer and said that you needed to go somewhere. Where? ” She asked.

“I lied.” I confessed.

“What!” She exclaimed. “I can’t believe you just-Come on! Luhan had just offered you to-Ugh!”

She face palm herself and groaned in frustration.  I didn’t understand why she was so frustrated. What was wrong with trying to avoid the crazy fan-girls? I did not want to walk with Luhan to the cafeteria.

She grab my hand and drag me to the cafeteria. I feel guilty when Luhan eyes met mine. He wave at us so Aisha drag me to his table. Luhan was sitting next to Kris and Chanyeol. Across from Luhan were Kai and Tao.

“That was quick. Did you finish your task already?” Luhan asked.

I gulped and nodded my head. What was this guilty feeling? I don’t like it at all. I couldn’t look at his eyes so they scan passed Luhan and landed on Kris. He was touching his cellphone liked usual. Something must have caught his attention because he suddenly look up. His eyes look around until they landed on mine.

“You’re the library assistant.”

His sudden talk surprises everyone. It seem unusual for Kris to pay attention to anyone beside his friends. Even though I was an outsider, I knew that Kris tend to ignore everything. 

“I…Uh…Yeah.” I replied.

I decided to look elsewhere and my eyes met with Chanyeol. He smirked and pointed at Kai, using his eyes. Before I could ask what he was trying to say, Kai kick me under the table. I stumble back and fell against Aisha. She caught me and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Kai and Chanyeol laughed to themselves while everyone gave me confused looks. Luhan got out of his seat and touch my arm.

“Are you okay?”

Everyone was expecting an answer. Lately, that question was the only thing that I heard. Do I look so weak? Chanyeol and Kai was now giving me an amused smirk. Those two were always causing troubles. I sighed, “It’s nothing. I just feel a little dizzy.”

“Do you want me to take you to the infirmary?” Kai teased.

“You do look a little tired, considering those eye bags.” Chanyeol added.

I knew that they were both making fun of me. I could only give them my meanest glare.

“No thank you. It’s still early and I’m not sick enough to go to the infirmary.” I answered.

“What’s wrong with you guys?”

Xiumin appeared with a tray in his hand. I rolled my eyes. He is the third troublemaker. I stilled couldn’t forgive him for what he did yesterday. He caused me to ruin my clean record. I was a student who never got in trouble. He made it my first. I turn away to ignore him.

“Sorry, my friend and I need to go get our breakfast.” I told them.

Luhan sat back down on the table and Xiumin came to sit next to Tao. I lean in closer to the table while acting casually. Using my leg, I slightly move it but it was strong enough to send a solid kick to Kai’s leg. He yelp and jump off from his chair.

“Why are you being like this?” Tao asked.

“What happen?” Kris asked.

Only Chanyeol knew what was happening so he burst out laughing. Beside me and Kai, everyone was dumbfounded at the Chanyeol’s actions. I took this chance and grab Aisha’s arm to get her attention.

“We’re leaving now.”

I didn’t give her a chance to protest. If I let her have time to think, she will probably succeed in forcing me to stay.

When we were far enough for them not to hear, Aisha purposely bump my shoulder.

“Yah! What is that for?” I shouted.

We walked over to put foods in our tray. Aisha grab an apple and asked, “Why did you act so weird earlier? Were you really dizzy?”

I shook my head and glance at Luhan’s table. Then I return my attention to the foods on the tray. I lean in closer to Aisha in case anyone hears.

“Stupid Kai kicked me.” I told her.

It took Aisha a while to comprehend the information. Her next reaction was her laughing her head off. I lightly kick her leg but she avoided it.

I pouted, “It’s not funny. Kai always tried to cause trouble. It’s liked he enjoy torturing me.”

I filled her in with what happen in the nurse office yesterday. She didn’t stop laughing until we reach an empty table and seated ourselves.

“Don’t you think that we keep on getting interrupted these days?” Aisha pointed out.

“You’re right. These days we keep- “

We both turn silent at how right we were. Baro was alone and he walked over to us. He sat down next to Aisha and her expression change. She bit her lip and inhales some air before turning to face Baro.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

Her voice sounded so bitter that it took Baro by surprise. Even I was shock by her actions.

“What’s wrong? Are you mad?” Baro asked.

“No,” She denied and added, “Do I look mad?”

She did look mad with the way she glare at Baro. She was probably frustrated about Baro and turned those feelings into anger.

“Where’s Mina?” Aisha asked.

“She had to drop by somewhere. Why? Do you need something?”

She didn’t answer but her face was a lot happier. When she talk again, her bitter tone was also gone.

“Lately, I have been hearing rumors about you two.” Baro stated.

We both choke on our foods. It was the first time there was rumors about me. I knew that it wasn’t going to be something good.

“People are saying that you two keep hanging around the ‘princes.’ They talk of it as if you two are cheap women who chase after men liked saesang fans. The princes got tired and gave in due to you guys desperate attitude.”

He continued, “Then there was a new rumor today that you, Beatrice, got pregnant so that was why Aisha was fussing over you this morning.”

I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous rumors. Me, pregnant? It was just a bunch of nonsense. He continue telling us more rumor but I tune out. I couldn’t believe that I had drag Aisha into this mess. It wasn’t anything pretty that anyone would want to be involve with. I knew that it was my fault.

“So why are you two hanging around them?” Baro questioned.

I sighed, “It’s a long story.”

“I have time to listen. Oh wait! Is one of them your crush?” Baro asked.

Aisha stiffen as he turn to question her. I didn’t know what to do. Should I tell him the truth or not?

“Uh..No-“

“Yes!” She lied.

A pain expression crossed his face. Aisha was looking away so she didn’t notice it. He looked as hurt as Aisha on the day she told me he was dating Mina.

Baro let out a small whisper, “Who?”

Luhan chose that moment to interrupt.

“Aisha.”

It was the first time all of us heard him say Aisha’s name. I feel a little disappointed and cheated that it was her name that came out of his mouth. Why was I expecting him to call me?

“Can I see your notes from yesterday?” He asked.

Aisha’s face seems so relief.  She nodded her head.

“Sure, which part?”

I suddenly remember that the two of them had a class together. Baro and I watch silently as she took out her notes and show them to Luhan. He quickly took a picture with his smartphone and told her thanks. Then he return to his friend’s table.

Baro now had an unreadable expression.

“Is he the one?” He asked.

I couldn’t believe that he hadn’t drop the topic. Aisha look very close to crying.

I acted like I didn’t understand.

“One for what?”

“The one that-” He continued.

“Yes.” Aisha lied.

I was speechless. She repeated her answer and look straight at Baro’s eyes. How could she lied like that? I didn’t understand why she was lying.

“What is it about him that made you like him? Isn’t he just a popular jerk? A show off?”

“Do not speak ill of him.” Aisha snapped.

“Although many people may not see him in a good way, he is sweet and kind. He helped me when I needed help. It’s not just about him having a pretty face. He…Luhan…Luhan-Oppa is…”

She stops talking, stood up, and storm out of the cafeteria. I bid Baro a silent “sorry” and rush after Aisha. Pain and hurt was visible in his face. Why is he acting this way? Everything is so confusing.  Doesn’t Aisha liked Baro? Why did she called Luhan her Oppa? What is this uneasy feeling coming from my chest?

Aisha was standing outside the door, waiting for me. She immediately tackle me in a hug when the door close behind me. I could feel my heart crushed seeing her cried and suffering. Why am I so useless when I am her friend? I hated myself for thinking about something else when she was the one in pain!

In between sobs, she tried to explained herself.

“I’m sorry…Hiccup…for lying about…Hiccup…Luhan…Hiccup…It’s just…Hiccup…Stupid Baro! Hiccup…I love him so much…Hiccup…and yet…”

She couldn’t continue any longer and cried onto my shoulder. We made quite a scene in there and I knew there were bound to be new rumors. However, that was not what was bothering me. I feel like Baro’s and Aisha’s feelings were mutual. So why is Baro dating Mina? I sighed because of the uncertain future.

Aisha was caught in a huge misunderstanding. Where will this lead us to? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry for updating really slow. Also, the story is progressing very slowly so it may seem boring. I am still working on my writing skill and I had never work on a long story before. I usually write down plots  or only finished two to three chapters of a story. Most of my stories are incomplete. It's difficult for me but I'm trying to improve. So, HWAITING!