Chapter 1

You're My Target!

"You don't even know. That I'm~ falling madly in love with you, with you. And I wish you were going-"

I groan and roll in my bed.

"And I sit all alone in the darkest night-"

I slam the alarm clock off. It was barely six in the morning and I sighed. Today was Monday, another day of school. I got out of the bed and rubbed my eyes tiredly and headed for the restroom. A girl with fuzzy hairs and sleepy eyes face me in the mirror. I turn on the faucet and splash my face with cold waters. That got me to open my eyes. I continue to prep for school until I heard my mom called me downstairs. It was already seven and the school bell ring at 7:40. I ran downstairs and grab onto my pair of shoes.

"Honey, eat breakfast before you go. " my mom stated.

I turn to face her with a sour face and told her, “but mom, I'm going to be late!”

She sighed, shook her head, and commented, "You’re always late and you always skip breakfast! Don't you know-"

She couldn't finish her sentence because I rush out the door and close it behind me. I was totally not going to listen to one of her lectures. Listening to her might make me be late for school. I walk to school and it takes me thirty minutes every day to reach school. On the way to school, I heard a group of three girls giggled about something and saw another boy walked while texting. I sighed. Walking to school every day is so boring.

"Omo! Look! "

The three girls suddenly change their tone of voice. They were talking rapidly in an excited voice and jumping around happily. I look at what made the girls change their attitudes.  A familiar car rode to the front of the school and drop off some students. I recognize the students who step out of the car. The students were Luhan, Kai, Kris, Xiumin, Tao, and Chanyeol. Chanyeol was the first one to step out, followed by Tao. He said something to Tao and Tao laughed out loud with his high-pitched voice. Xiumin came out after Kai and walked toward Chanyeol to said something. Luhan quietly step out and kept his head low since he was texting someone on his cellphone. He smile silently to himself which made the three girls squealed. Kris was the last one. He came out and gave the three girls an annoyed look and turn toward his gang.

I walked into the school and headed for my class. I met up with my best friend Aisha when I was halfway to class.

"Beatrice, did you do the homework last night?" she asked.

"What? Are you talking about the math problems with graphing using the domain and range? "

She nodded her head and lean toward me to say something quietly but got pulled back by someone. She turn to give an angry look at the person who grab onto her and immediately blushed.

"Yo Aisha!”

It was her number one crush Baro. He grinned at her and teased, "What were you going to do? Cheat? "

She blushed even more and stuttered " I-I...I was NOT!!!”

He chuckled and let go of her. She hit him softly on his chest and said something to him. She was head over heel for Baro. I wonder how she could fall for such a guy.  They knew each other ever since middle school and she had liked him since. I wonder why she just didn't confess to him. It seem liked he was also interested in her. If not, why would he keep on bothering her every single day?

I was about to say something but decided not to. Aisha was practically busy talking to Baro. I didn't want to interrupt her so I decided, " I'll head to class first."

Before Aisha could protest, I began to walk away. I didn't want to become a third wheeler. I continue to walk to my class when I saw them, Xiumin and his friends. They were busy talking about something when all of a sudden a girl walks up to them. Chanyeol smiled at her and the rest just gave her a look. It seems liked most of them hated girls bothering them, except Chanyeol, Kai and Xiumin. Kris gave them the glare and Luhan kept silence. The rest just decided to listen to what she was going to say. I heard her mention something about Luhan as I walk past them.

I sighed. I can still remember Luhan and my first meeting. It was the second week of school and I was headed toward the infirmary due to a headache. I wasn't looking straight and bump into someone. Luhan was the person I bumped into and he looked a bit pissed off. He curse under his breath and gave me a glare. How can someone with such angelic features look so mean? I was just about to apologized when he snapped.

“I’m so tired of every one of you! Each one of you keeps on pretending to be drowsy and bump into me! It's disgusting!"

I was so confused at what he was saying that I didn't know how to reply back. He was obviously angry about something that was not my fault. Luhan let out a frustrated sigh and walk away after rolling his eyes. I didn't follow to yell at him since my head was pounding continuously. So I continue my way to the nurse office.

The memories of our first meeting were still so clear. I still can't understand why Luhan was so angry back then. My image of the shy boy immediately fades away right after he yelled at me. I thought he was mysterious and sweet but he was really just a rough and angry guy.

I ignore the rest of the conversation of Luhan and his friends. Just as I enter the classroom, the tardy bell rings. I headed to my desk and seated myself in my chair. I already want to go home as I heard the morning bell ring.

The teacher entered the room right after the bell ring. Just as he was about to do a roll call, Xiumin walked in. The teacher shoots Xiumin a glare and Xiumin smile at him innocently.

"Sorry for being late.” he apologized.

The teacher barked at him and he grinned as he headed for his seat. He kept the thin smile on his lips as he settle down onto his chair. I continue to stare at him secretly. Almost every girl stares at him. He was one of the most popular guy in the school and we were just glad to have him in our class. His chubby cheeks and adorable face just make me want to hug him. His smile repeatedly makes my heart race.

I mentally slap myself at what I was thinking. Indeed I was attracted to Xiumin but that doesn't mean that I liked him. I turn away and took out my notes for the lesson. While I was doing so, Xiumin turn to look at me and thought amusedly, "so that's her."

Little did I know what awaits me.