Kris POV

Taken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JoonMyun was gone. It was so weird when they’d passed out as four and woke up as three. Now Yifan knew how it had felt for those below them to wake up without Minseok. And yet at the same time it was different. Those below had only spent two hours with Minseok before he disappeared. Those in the attic had spent four hours with JoonMyun and honestly they had relied on him to try to cheer them up.

JoonMyun was kind like a mother figure to them. Jongdae was a bit of a troll and Tao was like a big child. Knowing that little Tao needed someone to rely on now, Yifan decided to be like that mother for him that Joonmyun had become in those four hours of them being together. Except…being a mother wasn’t his style. A father? That was definitely better. As he looked at Tao sniffling some at JoonMyun’s absence, Yifan’s own emotions caught some in his chest and he reached out to drag Tao closer to him, hugging the kid against his chest.

“Don’t cry Tao…” Yifan said, staring down and then clearing his throat. JoonMyun was probably dead now. Sure, maybe his family paid a ransom and that’s how he was able to escape, but something made Yifan feel like the other was dead instead of free. “If only we had super powers. Then we could totally break out of here…” Jongdae suddenly said, causing Yifan to turn towards him with a confused expression.

“That’s stupid...” Yifan said, wrinkling his nose some. “Well…you’re stupid.” Just happened to be Jongdae’s response to Yifan, causing the tall male to laugh and shake his head. “No more stupid than you.” Yifan didn’t have much of a comeback but it worked because Jongdae gave up after that.

“You’re both stupid…” Tao said, pulling away from Yifan and sighing. Yifan turned towards the younger male with a frown. There wasn’t much more for them to say, their morale low since they’d lost someone they’d become close to. Even though he was upset JoonMyun had disappeared, Yifan was glad he was still there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter