Tao POV

Taken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ahhh where did I fall asleep now?!” Tao woke with a groan and flopped over on the hard ground. A loud clinking noise met his ears when he did that and he could feel the cold metal against his wrists and ankles. Eyes shooting open and body shooting up, Tao instantly looked at his limbs that were shackled and chained together. “Oh man what did I get myself into?!” Tao asked, trying to pull the shackles off his wrists and failing. Was there a key nearby?

Looking away from himself, Tao saw there were three others in the same room as him, all three asleep or unconscious…all three chained up like him. Eyes wide, Tao looked around and figured he must be in an attic or something based on the way the ceiling angled and the small vents of on either side, letting a chilly draft in. Groaning, Tao moved to a kneeling position and crawled over towards a tall male nearby.

“Yah…hey wake up…” Tao shook the male, only for him to swat him away with a grumpy groan. Cursing in Chinese, Tao then stood and kicked the person’s foot then walked over to where someone else was laying. This person seemed a lot more friendly and when Tao shook him some, he was quick to stir and looked around with some bed head.

“Hey…I don’t think I signed up for whatever is going on uh…do you know where the key is?” Tao then held his shackled wrists up to the person who seemed confused as he wiped at his face then looked at Tao’s shackles before looking at his own. “Wh-what?” The person asked, sitting up more now and tugging at the shackles. Okay, apparently he didn’t know either.

“Please tell me this is a joke…” Tao said, his throat growing tight as he noticed the look of shock on the other’s face. “I…Don’t think so. I have no idea what’s going on. Wh-who are you?” The other male said, looking at Tao with his mouth open ever so slightly. “I…My name is Zitao. But you can just call me Tao.” Tao said, plopping down. Great, now he was no where closer to getting these shackles off than before.

“My name is JoonMyun…” The other male said and then moved to a kneeling position and grabbed Tao’s shackled wrists. “Don’t worry Tao. I don’t know what’s going on but…it’ll be okay.” Tao bit his lower lip and felt tears prickling at his eyes. “How do you know?!” Tao asked, his voice raising some. JoonMyun’s hands then moved to grab Tao’s face now and then his hands slid to Tao’s neck. “Because I do. Just have faith…okay? Don’t panic because it’s not going to help anything. Okay?” JoonMyun’s words were kind of comforting, though the touch was even more comforting.

“Okay…” Tao’s eyes fell to the ground as he took a breath, trying to relax. That is, until he heard a metal banging noise coming from the walls and he instantly dove into JoonMyun’s arms, not caring how childish it seemed. “Ghosts!” Was the only word that came from Tao’s mouth as he hid his face in JoonMyun’s chest. The older male let out a chuckle though, shaking his head and smoothing his hands through Tao’s hair as best as the shackles would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter