Fate

We Were Best Friend

“I need you guys help.” Junsu is meeting with Yunho and Jaejoong at café. He needs their help so he can be sure about Yoochun’s heart. Even though he didn’t like Jaejoong and try to mess with Yunho mind before, still he became a thick skinned to seek help from them.

“About what?”

“I need you guys to pretend to break up…”

“What? Why?”

“I need to know... It’s the only way I would trust his love even though he will hate me at the end. I just want to make sure. Please… I know you guys are inseparable, but please just once.”

“You really didn’t trust him at all?” asked Yunho.

“This is ridiculous!” said Jaejoong.

“Why? Are you afraid that you will fall for him?” Junsu is become evil by love.

“How could you say that? I thought we are friend.” Jaejoong is really mad and disappointed with Junsu attitude right now.

“Since when we are friend? I have never said that. I hate you, you know.”

“Junsu!” Yunho raise his voice. Junsu is out of control.

“And you wonder why Yoochun didn’t like you before?” suddenly Jaejoong return the favour. He is not planning to let Junsu win this ridiculous fight.

“Jae?” Yunho asked in disbelief with his lover’s word.

“And you think he is an angel, Yunho?” mocked Junsu.

“Junsu!” scolded Yoochun. They didn’t even notice that the man is standing next to them.

“What?!” Junsu shouted back at him.

“You want them to break up just for your sake and then you said that they aren’t your friend?”

“They aren’t-“ Junsu can’t even finish his word when suddenly Yoochun slap him.

PANG!

Junsu touched his now red cheek. Yunho and Jaejoong are surprised by the man action.

“You are not like this Kim Junsu! I’m so disappointed.”

“Huh! How am I supposed to be look like? Some damsel in distress? A pathetic Junsu? I used to be nice Park Yoochun but that didn’t make you love me. I need to go away… just so you know that I ever… exist.” Junsu tried to be strong but his word starting to stutter as he holds his tears.

 Hearing the word that come out from Junsu make Jaejoong feels guilty. “Junsu I’m so sorry.  I didn’t mean it.”

“Don’t be.  Because I meant every single word I said.” Junsu put his strong face yet he so broken inside.

“Junsu? What happened?” now the fourth person come and it is none other than his friend, Shim Changmin. He is here with his crew member. He just finishes his photo shoot.

“Huh?” Junsu is surprised by his presence. “Nothing.”

“But…”

“Don’t you understand the single word I said?” Junsu is still mad so anybody that came across him right now will have his anger share.

*******

2 years later.

“Congratulation!”

“You came!”

“It’s your big day, of course I came.”

“Thanks for coming. We are so happy.”

“Junsu, he misses you.” whispered Jaejoong as Junsu hug him.

“Please forgive him, Junsu.” said Yunho.

Today is Yunho and Jaejoong’s wedding day. After 2 years Junsu come back to his hometown to attend their memorable day. He comes late on purposed to avoid him. After their big fight at the café 2 years ago, Junsu left to Japan to cure his broken heart. The fact that Yoochun slapped him in front of Jaejoong is still unacceptable. He knows he did wrong, but Yoochun didn’t have to go that far. He never tried hiding his whereabouts at Japan because he knows that man didn’t bother to track it. And the fact that he is right hurt him more. But little did he know, Yoochun know where he is. Changmin show him, well not literally as Yoochun is stalked Changmin when he at Japan.

People said time will heal.  But they didn’t said how long it will take to heal one’s broken heart. Did his heart fully heal in the past 2 years? Not really. His heart is so stubborn that he doesn’t want to listen to what his mind wants. The owner of his heart never had been change. It still has the same owner no matter what happen.  He feels so annoyed with his heart.

“Junsu, wait!” shouted Jaejoong as he sees Junsu is on his way to his car.

“We have something to tell you.” said Yunho. Junsu follow them to the nearest cafe after the bride and groom change their clothes. Who knows this couple have something important to tell him rather than go straight to pack for their honeymoon.

“It’s sounds important.”

“Yes it is. 3 months after you left, we break up. We really did break up.” affirmed Jaejoong.

“You guys break up? Is this real? The ultimate YunJae couple break up? Why?” Junsu is shocked after heard about it.

“It’s our fault, maybe we take each other for granted,” answered  Jaejoong. “Please I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Owh..ok. ”

“After break up, I seek comfort from him… Junsu where are you going?” Jaejoong didn’t finish his story yet he sees Junsu is already standing up and about to leave.

“I’m not interested with story about you and him.”

“Junsu please, you need to let me finish. We don’t have much time, we need to tell you now because we have a flight to catch.”

“You better catch that flight.”

“Junsu.” Yunho warned makes Junsu heave a big sighed before sit down again. It’s rare to see Yunho mad and it’s not a nice sight to see.

“Ok, where am I?”

“You seek comfort.” answered Junsu with annoyed tone.

“Ah yea… I seek him for comfort.  With you out of his sight and me broken, he can use that opportunity to win my heart with his care and gentleness.” Jaejoong paused for a while try to read Junsu’s emotion.

Junsu avoid when his eyes meet Jaejoong’s eyes.

“But he didn’t do that. On the contrary, he acts like a true friend and helps me get Yunho back.”

“Done?” Junsu really doesn’t want to know any story regarding the two.

“He misses you. It has been so long to see his smiley eyes.”

“Just so you know people smile with their mouth.” mocked Junsu.

“Mouth can form a fake smile but not the eyes.” explained Jaejoong. “Please Junsu, at least meet him before you going back to Japan.”

“Why should I do that?”

“Just meet him and we’ll see what happen next. If nothing happen, than we will stop bothering you about him anymore.”

“Leave it to fate. My flight is tomorrow night.”

“So where and when did you want to meet him? I’ll tell him.”

“Huh!” chuckled Junsu. “You didn’t hear me the first time didn’t you? I said leave it to fate.”

“Then I’ll believe you will meet.” smiled Jaejoong with confidence. “After all people who are meant to be together will find their way back, they may take a few detours, but they're never lost.” add Jaejoong. “Ok Junsu that’s all. I hope we will meet again.”

“Ok, take care you two. Maybe next time we meet I’ll be an uncle.” teased Junsu.

Junsu is stroll around Seoul walking slowly while reminiscing his past. He visit his old school, old workplace, have a drink at his favourite café then he continue stroll to a higher place. It’s nearly night and he thinks, he want to see Seoul at night from above so he decide to take a cable car and visit one of favourite place for a couple. Walking around seeing the lovely view, he meets him. They didn’t plan on finding each other, but fate decides that they should meet at this lovely place called Namsan Tower. Among all those many people that visit here, they still can find each other. Both of them just staring at each other without making any move. A few minutes have passed but still nobody dare to move until Yoochun take a few steps and stop when their shoes touch each other, they are so close. Slowly he raises his hand and caress Junsu’s cheek, the one that he hurt two years ago.

“I’m so sorry. Does it still hurt?” asked him full of regret. Park Yoochun loves this man. He misses this man so much. The question has another meaning as he knows he hurt him so much in the past that make the man decide to leave.

Junsu is gathering all his courage that he been collected over two years to face this moment. He already trains his heart not to submit to the man that still caresses his cheek. But his heart never listens to his command. His heart feels glad that he finally can meet his owner. Kim Junsu’s heart never belongs to him ever since he falls in love with Park Yoochun. Slowly his feet give him away together with the tears that he holds. The tears roll down his cheek and slowly he slide down. He didn’t know how to handle this, what should he do at the time likes this.

Seeing Junsu became like that, Yoochun holds him and together he finds a bench for them to sit. He doesn’t know what he supposed to say, what kind of word can heal the pain that he caused? So he decides to just hold his lover hand and let him pour his heart out.

After a while, Junsu successfully manage to control his tears and get back his composure. He just stares at the man that facing him before make a move to touch the man’s cheeks with his both hand. Yoochun keep silent and let Junsu caresses his cheeks. He misses Junsu’s touch.  It’s always full of loves. Yoochun put his hand on top of Junsu hand that still caresses his cheek. He brings the hand to his lips and kisses it. Surprised by the action, Junsu quickly retreat his hand before stand up and walk away.