Save you twice

We Were Best Friend

“Why are you here again?” Junsu stomped into the room and asked the man with anger on his face.

 

“Junsu…” Jaejoong try to calm Junsu down.

 

“I’m not talking to you! Can you just leave?”

 

“He hesitated before saving me. He thinks about you. But he is a good man. You should be proud and not mad at him.”

 

Junsu close his eyes and gritted his teeth. He is trying to control his anger.

 

“There is nobody else that he wants to save right? Why it must be you? And why is he even there?” Junsu cannot understand the situation he been in right now. ‘Why his husband must save this man? Again! And why he is even there in the first place? Did they have a secret date? An affair?’

 

“Junsu! Yoochun is a good man. He will save anyone in danger.  Not just me.”

 

“Want me to prove it?”

 

“What are you gonna do?”

 

“He can’t walk right now so I will jump from this window.”

 

“You are crazy! Stop this nonsense!” Jaejoong held Junsu’s hand seeing the man already approach the window. Junsu struggle to escape from Jaejoong’s grip and when he success, he slipped and nearly fall when someone grab him and pull him back and they landed on the floor with Junsu on top of his husband.

 

 

Park Yoochun already has injured his leg and chest by saving Jaejoong and now that part of his body is getting hurt again. He lost conscious while embrace the man. Junsu is shock with the man action. He didn’t move and just wake from his frozen state when he heard Jaejoong call for a doctor. Seeing his husband not move a bit, his heart nearly stops. ‘What have I done?’

 

“What is happen here?” asked the doctor with confused look as why his patient that he ordered to not move, is lying on the floor right now. Jaejoong turn to Junsu and seeing that the man still shock he try his best to explain it.

 

“He slipped. He try to go to the bathroom and slipped.”

 

“He slipped?” the doctor didn’t fully trust the answer. He knows something else happen judging by their position right now. “Did you hate your husband?”  asked the doctor to the frozen Junsu.

 

“Kim Junsu!” the doctor called him louder.

 

“Y..yes doctor!” stuttered Junsu.

 

“Can you move so we can look at him?”

 

“Owh ..yeah..can..” he move slowly so he won’t hurt the man more.

 After get helped to put Yoochun back on his bed, the doctor examines him and seeing the result; it is not a good one. “Did you hate your husband?” the doctor asked again as he still didn’t get the answer.

 

“What?”

 

“You did this right? You know he can’t move right now but you did something so he had to move, right? How could you? You should take care of him not add more to his pain.” Junsu just hung his head low facing the floor. The doctor is correct. He just adds pain to his husband. Slowly he move away from Yoochun’s bed and walk toward the door.

 

“And where do you think you are going?” the doctor is confused with Junsu act. He thinks he made it clear to Junsu to take care of his husband.

 

“Away from him. I just bring him pain.” answered Junsu. “He will take care of him better.” he pointed to Jaejoong.

 

“You really hate your husband?” the doctor try reversed psychology.

 

“No!”

 

“Then why you leave?”

 

“You said I bring him pain.”

 

“I also said take care of him.”

 

“He will take care of him better.” Junsu glance at Jaejoong.

 

“I can’t. I have my own husband to take care of.” answered Jaejoong while heading to them.

 

“What? You will just leave him alone after he save you?”

 

“He saves you too.”

 

“He saves you twice!”

 

“Up to you whether to take care of him or not. I’m out of here.” Jaejoong had to act this way so Junsu will take care of Yoochun.

 

“I’m out too. The nurse will take care of him.”

 

 

***

The four of them walking together at a crowded street. Junsu and Jaejoong walked at front while Yoochun and Yunho at the back with shopping bags in their hands. They stop at the intersection while wait for the traffic turn green so they may across the road while Yoochun stop by to buy a drink. Someone accidently bump onto Jaejoong and make him loose balance and try to hold onto Junsu but unfortunately he pushed him to the road and he himself fall back. A motorcycle is speeding and heading at Junsu and Yoochun who sees it quickly run and slide to catch Junsu who is about to fall again as he still struggling to stand up. But Yoochun is late and Junsu fell again and being hit by the motorcycle.

 

“You’re awake.” said Yoochun. He feels relief after seeing his wife regain conscious. “I go call the doctor.”

 

“Hi. We meet again.” greet the doctor. Junsu ignored the greeting. He is just facing the other side. The doctor checked his wound and informed that how lucky he is because it’s just some minor wounds. “Aren’t you glad that he saves you this time?”

 

Hear that words make Junsu turn his head immediately facing the man with white gown who is smiling at him. “Save me?”

 

“Yes. He saves you, right?”

 

“If I’m safe then why am I here?”

 

“Huh! You and your stubbornness.” said the doctor before leave.

***

“Doc is he okay?”

 

“He’s fine.”

 

“Doc, please be gentle to him.”

 

“Yoochun… I-”

 

“I hurt him so much. I can’t even save him. I tried to be in his shoes and I know it hurts a lot. Seeing someone you love manage to save other but fail when it comes to you.”

 

“It looks like he didn’t trust you.”

 

“He tried but I always make him doubt me again.”

 

“Do you really love him?”

 

“I do.”

 

“Even if Jaejoong become miserable and divorced and come to you for help, will you ignore him if he ask you to?”

 

“I love him but I still want to help Jaejoong. I will help anyone who asked me to help them.”

 

“I think in your case, you can help anyone except Jaejoong.”

***

 

“Junsu!”

 

“Minnie?”

 

“I heard you got hurt. What happen?

 

“Nearly get hit by a motorcycle.”

 

“I’m glad you safe.”

 

“What you mean safe?” his tone is quite higher. “I won’t be here if I am safe am I?”

 

“I mean you can be dead, so seeing you here alive is great.”

 

Seeing them chatting happily, voice inside Yoochun’s head say ‘Maybe he is happier with him rather than me.’


More angst....haha...