Twenty One

Casino Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cruelty is a mistress Solbi only knows too well, but many months of living with Sehun has dulled her sway on Solbi.

Really, what was wrong with love? She could be perfectly happy with Sehun if she wished. They would live their days out in the desert.

Move to a large city when they wanted to. Live as free spirits for the rest of their lives.

There's a certain type of irony, pre-destination, however, in Solbi's life, and no matter how far she runs, no matter how fast she drives, she can't seem to escape it.

Maybe they were lovers in a past life, or maybe eternal enemies, because Kai never seems to be able to leave Solbi's side.She dreams of him at night, nightmares that Sehun tries to kiss away.

There's a certain type of yearning that only separated lovers can know.

Solbi doesn't believe in religion, doesn't believe in God, and doesn't believe in karma, but pain like this couldn't come from the pain of a single lifetime, she thinks.

Sometimes, it's as if she dreams of him in different eras. Their lives are always entangled, but they never end together.

She's certain this lifetime will be no different, so she tries to lose herself in Sehun's lips and icy edges.

But it's to no avail. Kai is hers. She knows this.

This lifetime, like in all the others, they will kill each other in the end.

xxx

She dreams and dreams, and maybe she's a prophetess, because one dark stormy night, Kai appears by her side.

He comes with the rain. Rain in the desert, something that hadn't happened for thousands of years. It's miracles like this, Solbi thinks, that make her believe in love again.

Kai sweeps in with the rain. The lightning in the backdrop illuminates his silhouette against the doorframe. His hair is soaked, his clothes clinging to his frame.

Solbi forge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter