Sixteen

Casino Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What if I told you I tried?

I tried with all of my heart, and all of my soul. I tried with everything.

It wasn't enough.

Love wasn't enough.

xxx

Luhan her hair gently sitting on the couch, and she's curled onto her side, her head in his lap.

"What next, Luhan?"

"We need to report back soon. They've probably lost our trail by now. We can safely go back to headquarters."

She remains silent.

He plays with the tips of her hair.

"It'll be like it was before. Everything will be alright, darling."

"What if I don't want it to go back to the way it was before?"

Luhan tenses next to her, before phrasing his next words carefully, albeit coldly.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm getting tired of this life Luhan. I want more than this."

He smiles in relief that it wasn't about Kai.

And Solbi would die a thousand times to see that smile.

Luhan's smiles were pure and innocent and beautiful.

Luhan was not.

"We'll get out of this, Solbi." One day, I'll break us out of this vicious cycle.

She smiles, a little sad, before rolling up to sit in Luhan's lap.

This life is all I know.

xxx

Kai wakes up gasping, his mind clouded with images of Solbi and blood trailing over her skin, Luhan stabbing her from behind.

And in his heart, he knows that he has to save her from Luhan.

Luhan was the epitome of evil, and evil may have been tempting, but in the end, it leads you to sin.

xxx

And she could see Kai's silhouette in every shadow that lingered under burned bridges.

The remnants of him stayed in the ring that she wore around her finger, that Luhan couldn't force her to take off for the life of her.

God, Luhan hated that ring.

But to Solbi, that ring represented a feeling that was beyond words.

The ring represented the time when that feeling of the lacking that she had felt since the first day that she woke up in Luhan's arms disappeared.

The ring represented something that Luhan, with all his pretty eyes and deft hands, had tried to fill in her but had never succeeded.

The ring represented the presence of Kai.

xxx

Solbi's sitting on the balustrade of the balcony, looking up at the moon.

It's midnight and Paris is alive. A cat meows in the distance.

She knows it's dangerous, being exposed in the open, any sniper could take aim at her heart.

She could care less.

She looks at the moon, hanging heavy and low in the sky.

It looked like an aged actress about to fall out of the silver screen that had kept it captive for so long.

Some say that the moon is lonely.

But Solbi is always envious of the moon, and how the sun always chased after it.

And if you are ever lonely, just look up at the moon. Somewhere out there, someone else is looking at it too.

xxx

This is the way Sehun finds her after tracking her over half the world.

Solbi was alone, and then suddenly, a figure leans next to her on the balcony.

That kind of inattentiveness would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter