Ten

Casino Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't complicate it.

Don't drive yourself insane.

xxx

Sehun presses the topic even further.

"Never forget who you work for, Solbi."

And Solbi feels like crying, because why did Luhan always have to catch up to her, and why did he always have to be there?

Luhan was there first, he said. She only remembers Luhan, it was true.

But why did Luhan take away everything dear to her?

And Kai. Kai was something she didn't need to remember to know.

She belonged with Kai. She could feel it in her bones.

Not with Luhan.

xxx

Luhan's leaning back on his chair in a call with Sehun.

"How is she?"

"Almost fractured, Luhan. If you love her at all, let her go."

Luhan just laughs.

"I do. And I know she can take more than that. I trained her myself."

Sehun just sighs heavily.

All he wanted to do was save Solbi.

But she was in too deep and Luhan's claws had sunk too far.

xxx

Solbi heads back home in a cab, head in her lap the entire way.

She tumbles into Kai's arms the minute she's home, and Kai carries her to the bed, rubbing soothing circles into her back.

With hesitance and regret and fear and sadness, "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

Solbi just shakes her head slowly, her eyes down at the ground.

And then she's on his lap with her hands running down the planes of his chest.

All she needed was a distraction, and Kai was a warm, heady concoction.

xxx

She wakes up the next morning in Kai's arms, and she never wants to leave.

She'd only met Kai last week, but it felt like she'd known him for a million years.

It felt like she'd known him all her life.

And maybe she had.

xxx

Say what you will, but I know that you want to stay.

xxx

She was sitting on the couch curled up in Kai's lap, watching a movie when the phone rings.

Kai picks it up, and Solbi could hear the sound of Suho's voice on the other end.

3 minutes later and Kai's out of his sweats and t-shirt and into an Armani suit.

Solbi walks to the doorway and reaches up to Kai's shoulders, tying his navy tie.

Kai runs a hand through his hair distractedly while choosing a pistol and Solbi fusses over him, straightening his suit jacket and belt.

She wanted to go with him, but the idea of even meeting Suho scared her.

As if Kai could sense her unease, he stops and drops a kiss on her forehead that lingered.

"Be safe and stay at home, Sol."

Solbi just laughs, because Kai was the one leaving her, and shouldn't she be saying that to him?

The roles were reversed now.

x

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter