Eleven

Casino Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's driving down the highway going 90 miles an hour with Sehun in the passenger seat.

He plays idly with her hair and the fingers on her free hand, his eyes flitting occasionally to the ring on her finger.

"So you're engaged now?"

Solbi hears the barely contained anger and glances at him in concern.

"Sehun. You know I love you. God knows I love you."

Almost screaming, "Then why are you marrying Jongin?"

"Because you know that I belong with him! You know something, don't you? Before I lost my memory, I just know that I was with Kai."

Sehun lunges over and kisses Solbi, and God, Solbi loved him.

He retreats and his voice grows brittle.

"I do know."

There's silence for a long time before he speaks again.

xxx

"You and I were together first."

His voice was heartbreakingly sad.

"We were together since, hell, since birth. I loved you. You loved me."

"I know, Sehun. I know."

"Jongin came into the picture in middle school. He just came in one day as a transfer student, and ever since the beginning, I should've known. I should've known to never let you even talk to him."

"Why, Sehun. Why? What was wrong with Jongin?"

"Right from the start, something was weird between you two. You had never even spoken, but he when he sat next to you in class, it seemed like you'd known him for a thousand years."

Sehun's voice is brittle.

"It wasn't the kind of known that came from just talking. You two knew each other like souls."

His voice breaks, thinking of what happened next..

"You were still mine. Oh God, I was so stupid."

"What happened, Sehun? You have to tell me. Please, tell me."

"I was bitter. I was overconfident. I let you go. I was disgusted by the way you and Jongin had soul-burning chemistry. I let you leave. It was the biggest mistake of my life. You see, if it weren't for my pride, you would have stayed with me. You were loyal, you loved me. You never would have left, no matter how much you felt for Jongin."

Solbi stayed silent.

"I let you leave because I was too idealistic."

She grips his hand harder.

"I thought, 'If she doesn't come back, she was never meant to be mine.'"

His voice falters, thins out like a flickering flame, almost snuffed out with misery.

"You didn't come back."

Solbi's breath dies in her body.

"I had to beg. And even then, you would only stay with me on the weekdays."

The car fills with silence, punctuated by their uneven breathing.

xxx

She sleeps with Sehun that night.

Nothing sensual, just platonic.

She wakes up and calls Kai to invite him over.

And she thinks that Kai understood.

If he didn't, then he would learn to.

She loved Sehun, god damn it.

xxx

Kai comes around 9AM, and she could feel the tension between the two men.

They were courteous for her sak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter