Nineteen

Casino Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan slips his leather jacket over his shoulders, takes one last drag out of his cigarette, before strapping his Glock against his thigh.

Hackers from headquarters had informed him that the last time they caught Solbi on video camera was in the Berlin itself, near a furniture shop.

He slides into the seat of his ivory Maserati, and throws his cigarette out the window as the engine purrs to life.

Then, he's driving down smooth pavement in Berlin, his blood boiling over from the adrenaline of the chase.

xxx

The furniture store is vast. Luhan considers the possibility of Solbi hiding in the place, then rules it out.

The cameras are on clear display here. This means Solbi could see them, which means she knew that she'd be seen by Luhan here.

He wonders how she planned on circumventing that. Idly, he flips through a shipment schedule. His vision sharpens, then focuses on one delivery in particular.

Destination: Switzerland. Left last evening.

He chuckles quietly to himself. She'd made this too easy.

xxx

I had her first. I loved her first.

xxx

Sehun gives himself 1 hour to decide. All his life, it had been for himself.

Scared, selfish little child, running away, watching everything he loved wither.

He loves Solbi. He knows this more clearly than he knows anything else.

Loves her enough to stop running away?

She'll never love him back.

It doesn't matter, he decides.

He loves her anyway.

xxx

Luhan's distracted, speeding towards the Switzerland border, aviators down, smoking a cigarette.

He was hunting, not being hunted.

Perhaps this was why he never noticed the gunmetal Tesla trailing him.

xxx

Two years ago, under the influence of alcohol and a starry night sky, Sehun had asked Luhan whether he'd loved Solbi.

Just out of curiosity, Sehun had told himself at the time, and the alcohol had made him bold, so why not?

Luhan's eyes had turned a little glassy, "I think so," he had said.

Sehun hadn't said anything.

You don't even know what love is.

xxx

Switzerland is stunning, if not a little frigid.

Solbi isn't stupid. She knows that she'll never be able to outrun Luhan on her own, with a heavily injured Kai.

She's here for help. EXO had a base in Switzerland. All she needed to do was reach the base, and Kai would be safe.

No guarantees for her, but Kai would live.

xxx

She reaches the base on the fifth day, when Luhan was drawing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter