Chapter 2

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

Yuri’s POV

As soon as I stepped into the classroom, a certain doe-eyes met me. It was the most beautiful thing that I ever saw and I don’t want to take my eyes off it. Its owner is as beautiful as it is and I bet she is new here. It’s the first time I saw her in school.

“Hey Yuri, help us drag this thing off her chair.” Sooyoung made me come back to reality as she yelled trying to make Jessica stood up.

“Stop it Sooyoung or I’ll throw you outside.” Jessica commanded.

I decided to walk towards them and discovered that the doe-eyed girl was sitting next to Jessica. My heart started to pound at the sight of her. She’s extremely gorgeous and attractive that I want to go over her instead of the group. But I was able to compose myself and keep it cool. After all, I’m Kwon Yuri.

“Come on, Sica.” Sooyoung said persistently.

“Go away.” Jessica said.

I saw Hyoyeon and Sunny laughing at the bickering Soosica as I went nearer to them.

“Why are we here anyway?” I asked nonchantly while folding my arms.

“Sooyoung here wants to grab something to eat at the canteen.” Hyoyeon replied.

“So this is your canteen?” I asked mockingly.

“Shut up, Yul. Sica here has things to make up with me. She said she’ll treat me at the newly built Chinese restaurant near her house when she gets back from America but did not even texted me when she landed off the plane.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Oh come on shikshin. You can’t be disturbing Jessica’s 15-minute break just for that.” Hyoyeon asked.

“Oh, I actually just did.” Sooyoung retorted matched with a sarcastic smirk plastered on her face.

“Oh come on kids, the break is almost over. We should head back to our rooms. And you Ice Princess, let’s meet at the usual place after class. Okay?” Sunny commanded as she glanced at her clock and hurriedly gathered the rest of us for the door.

Sica did not even move a bit and just showed her usual stoic face staring at the board. It was irritating but I did not want to lose my cool at her especially here. She was the one who did not even bother to speak a word that she’ll be going to America and here she is, still has the guts to be arrogant. Thank goodness I was able to calm down the heat building inside me or else something must’ve happened. I did not even notice that I have been intensely staring at her for a while now.

“Yul, we have to go.” Sunny spoke in a way a mother talks to her child who is stuck unto something.

Since I don’t want to piss off Sunny, I slowly paced out of the room with glares of the students all over me. I think they thought I was up to some fight or something. Their looks changed from eager to nervous. Well, I don’t mind it. It’s none of their business anyways.

We headed back to our classrooms where Sooyoung and I were classmates. Hyoyeon and Sunny were on the other class.

Sooyoung patted my back as I sat on my chair.

“You okay Yul?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

Actually, I’m not. I am pissed. Jessica went to States without even telling us, telling me. I was planning to spend her birthday with her but she flied to America the day before her birthday. The girls were totally surprised after knowing about it but they manage to let it go. But me, not yet. I was so pissed at her, you know. That was also the day that I was planning to ask her if we can take our relationship into the next level but she ruined my plan.

“I think you’re not. It’s about Sica, right?” Sooyoung asked like she knew what I have been thinking.

“Is it that obvious?” I asked as I turned to her.

She nodded. I sighed.

“Let it go Yul. It’s been months since she left. Besides, she’s here already. That’s all that matters now.” Sooyoung stated.

“It still matters to me Sooyoung. She still matters to me.” I said as I looked away on the last words.

“Haigoo. You know I hate seeing you depressed right? You want me to talk to her?” Sooyoung recommended.

“No. I don’t want you to be involved in my trouble with Sica. I should be the one to talk to her, not you Yoongie.” I said appreciating her effort to reconcile us both.

“Good enough. That, I’ll expect to be later since we will meet her.” She replied with a smile.

I thought for a minute. Am I ready to talk to her?

“Hmmm. Deal.”

 

***

 

(At the CAS Headquarters)

Taeyeon’s POV

I was scanning the files that a rookie agent gave me just now. It was the past cases of some of the lieutenants and admirals of the country who were mercilessly murdered and slaughtered for being loyal to their duties. It was funny how these people who trained their butts off in training camps and spent years to be in their positions only to be killed by inhumane and heartless killers hired by their employers, friends and worst, their families.

I sighed while reading the details of the cases. These are just too much self-preservation and greediness. This is the main reason why I don’t want Yoona be a part of the CS.

She once told me that she wanted to join the society in order to take revenge to her family’s murder and to stop the killers to further hurt others. Eventually, I refused. She will be tainted with all of these vices and crookedness and I won’t allow it. Her innocence and purity are the only things that are left to her and I do not want her to lose them. It’s better not to intervene especially that even today, she is still being haunted by the League of the Tycoons.

“Wow! I missed seeing you in that chair.” A husky voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see who barged in my office in the middle of my thinking. I found out that the intruder was standing right in front of my open door. I took off my reading glasses before speaking up.

“Tiffany…”

She flashed her familiar eye-smile as I turned to her.

“Can I come in?” she casually asked.

“Be my guest” I said.

Tiffany, the gem of my life who also came to be my best friend. We are buddies since grade school and we entered the Classified Society when we were 12. We are inseparable since we met and soon I realized that I grew this mutual feeling towards her. At first, I tried to ignore this growing feeling but everytime I do, the more I fail. I don’t want to risk our friendship so I decided to keep my feelings for myself. I don’t want to lose her. However, I was also not aware that behind that sweet gestures was a mutual feeling that she kept from me. It was just before Yoona and I went to America that she opened her feelings to me.

She smiled and slowly walked towards my desk. She was flawless as always and her outgoing personality really matches her infamous eye-smile that never ceased to impress me. She was wearing a black leather jacket donned with a white undershirt, black jeans and black boots.

“Is the world going to end? Why aren’t you wearing your usual pink jacket, pink undershirt, pink pants and pink boots?” I asked teasingly as I noticed that she was not in her typical dress mode. She is a freaking pink obsessed that I eventually feel incomplete seeing her without it.

“Well, I was in a hurry when I got your message that I picked up the wrong clothes.” She explained with a little disappointment as she was also not used in wearing outfits that are other than pink.

I half-smiled at her statement.

“I was not telling you to hurry, though. I can wait.” I said as I continued scanning the papers I was reading.

“You know that I don’t want you waiting…” Tiffany then went to sit on the chair in front of my table.

“…especially that this is the first time I can see you after that five years of absence.” She ended as she reached her left hand for my hands holding the documents.

I looked up and stared at her. Her eyes were full of sadness yet full of warmth that tingled me inside.

“I’m sorry I never visited nor contacted you.” I uttered.

“It’s alright. That was the best thing that you did for Yoona…and for the both of us.” Tiffany spoke as she caressed my hands with her left thumb.

“What do you mean?” I asked less agape of what she said.

She slowly raised her right hand and showed me a diamond ring fittingly encircled around her ring finger.

“I’m engaged.”

My mouth slightly opened at the sudden announcement. I was very surprised at Tiffany’s revelation that I slumped my back at my chair trying to regain my composure.

“How?” was the only question I could ask out of astonishment.

Tiffany lowered her head before speaking.

“Every day I missed you. Every day I prayed that you will at least call me or email me. But every day I fail. I tried to convince myself that you are just busy and that you will eventually call me, maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow; but you didn’t. I tried writing you, hopeful that you will respond to at least one message that I sent. However, I never received anything. I don’t know if it was because of my confession that you are not responding to my letters or what but I missed you so much that I almost threw away my life because it seemed so useless and bland without you…” she paused and turned her head up to look at me.

“…and that was when I met Nickhun. He accompanied me during the times of your absence. He is sweet, caring and understanding, just like you. He never failed to make me smile and always put me as his top priority. Only last month I realized that I have to let you go and let him enter my life. So he proposed to me and I said yes” She said, finishing her suppose explanation to my three letter question.

I was in shock but tried to conceal my emotions by showing a calm expression on my face. I gazed away from Tiffany’s stare, knowing that I am vulnerable with that fragile eyes of hers. I sighed before turning back to her and gave her a smile.

“Well, what can I say? Congratulations!” I said forcing a smile in my lips.

“Taeyeon...”

“I’m happy for you, Ppany. I wish to meet that Nickhun guy soon to personally convey my congratulations to both of you” I said looking at her. Before she could utter her words, someone knocked at my door.

“Yes come in.” I coolly said.

The rookie agent came inside carrying piles of papers.

“Where should I put this Agent Kim?” she asked.

“Put it there.” I pointed to empty table near the door. She obeyed and placed the heap of files at the table.

“Agent Kim, Director Lee wants to see you now at his office.” The rookie agent told me.

“I’ll be there in five minutes.” I told her and bowed before walking out of the room.

I got up from my seat and went to get my cardigan hanged on the jacket rack at the back of my chair. I heard Tiffany sighed knowing obviously that our conversation will be cut off.

Suddenly I felt a warm body pressed against my back and soft hands that encircled my waist. I felt heat at the sudden contact and did not turn around to hide my blush.

“Take care of yourself for me, Taetae. Now I will not be around all the time just like before so please be good to yourself.” She said in a sweet tone while back hugging me. Tiffany really knew me and I really like that part of her. She’s my rock.

I closed my eyes, wanting to stop this moment for the both of us but I know it’s time to go. I opened it and let go of her grip to face her. I cupped her face and saw that fragile eyes of hers which was so fascinating.

“Be careful as well. I do not know what I will do if something happens to you.” I stated as I caressed her cheeks with my thumbs. I sadly showed my smile and put down my hands to my side.

“I should go…” I said ready to exit the room.

I was about to go when she suddenly grabbed my cardigan’s collar and her soft lips crashed with mine. Her lips softly nibbled my lower lip and the action made me respond to the kiss. I grabbed her waist to press it closer to my body and she went to enclose her arms around my neck.

Now this is erratic. I can feel the urge to do something beyond these passionate kisses. I started nibbling Tiffany’s lower lip and she pulled me even closer until there was no space left between us. Our tongues started to move in harmony with each other and my hands started making circles around Tiffany’s back.

I started planting kisses on her cheeks, down to her jaw and now to her neck.

“Taeyeon-ah…” I heard her whisper my name in a tone. I was sure something should have happened if I was not trained enough to control my desires. Also, the idea of Director Lee waiting for me struck me that resulted to a sudden stop of that erratic actions. I looked up to Tiffany who was still closing her eyes with that short-time make out.

I decided to put my forehead against hers and it made her open her eyes. Now we are intently staring at each other.

“I should go, Ppany. Director is waiting.” I said as I stared at her amazing eyes.

“Yeah, you should go.” She responded with her eyes still stuck with mine.

I closed my eyes for the nth time and pecked her lips for the last time. This time I made sure it will not result to a sudden erratic situation as I immediately walked away and exited the room, leaving Tiffany behind.

 

***

 

 Normal POV

The class ended filled with triumphs and relief from the students, glad that school was finally over for today. Students happily chit chatted with some friends and some were busy gathering up their things, eager to go home. Soon, the classroom has only few students left. But one certain ice princess was stuck in her seat, not ready to let go of the view beside her. The one that the ice girl was staring at was the doe-eyed lady who was calmly putting her things into her bag.

Fascinating. She thought.

Her trance was cut off when two students approached and called her name. Annoyed by the fact that she was interrupted on her new found hobby, she glared at the students who was at her front.

The two students flinched at the icy, sharp gaze of Jessica who seemed not so happy at their presence.

“Je..Jess..ssica-shi, we want to give you this…” one of the two girls showed a card embedded with hearts on it that writes “Princess Jessica”. She was trembling that made the card on her hands shake.

She was used with this kind of situation. Fan girls and even fan boys from other schools will basically give her stuffs they thought would make her happy or make her smile. They do not know that the only thing that would make her the happiest person alive is the doe-eyed princess that was sitting right next to her. Nothing more, nothing less.

But she made sure that the girls’ cards will not be put into vain. She’s still a human after all even if she is as cold as ice.

She grabbed the card and opened it. It was full of words and heart figures which she find lazy to read. She scanned the thing and stared back at the two girls. The girls flinched again as they saw the sharp gaze from Jessica.

“Next time, put your cards on my locker. I don’t want being interrupted in class… But thanks for this. I appreciate it.” she said making it sure the girls got her message.

The girls nodded and went away squealing that their card was appreciated by their Ice Princess.

When the girls were gone, Jessica turned her head back to the seat were Yoona was, only to find out that her doe-eyed princess was gone.

She immediately scanned the room but failed to see her.

“Damn it.” she mentally cursed as she grabbed her bag and immediately paced out of the room.

As for the doe-eyed princess, she walked slowly after she put some books in her newly assigned locker. She knows that Mr. Lee will arrive at her school after a 20-minute drive. She saw that the corridor was now silent as students already went home and she felt so peaceful.  Soon, she was nearing the corner that leads to the main door of the building when suddenly…