Chapter 5

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

Yoona wakes up as a beaming light coming from a stimuli reached her. She furrowed her eyebrows and unintentionally made a cute pouting face because her good sleep was interrupted.

She slowly opened her right eye and tried to stretch her arms and legs but failed. She then turned her head from left to right to look for the reason why she can’t extend her limbs and saw her Taeyeon and Tiffany unnie lying beside her. They must have slept with her in here.

Aish these Taeny…

Before she knew it, a curvature on the side of her lips formed. She was honestly enjoying this scene. It’s as if she is their daughter and her Taeyeon unnie was the father and Tiffany was the mommy. She bet this was her first genuine smile in a morning in Korea.

Is this the feeling of being happy?

It just felt so strange to her. It was weird but was a good feeling. Now, this is what she has been missing. The contentment and satisfaction of the life that she has now. Why should she bother to look for something that she do not have, right? It will just dig out the whole miserable memories of the past and will hinder her to move forward. If she will be stuck with the yesterday, she’ll never find a happy tomorrow.

Aigoo. Yoona you’re a jerk.

That’s what she thought of herself as she realized her mistake. She should stop being like this. Her parents and her brother would never want her to live life dejectedly. She should start her new life and be strong for the persons that are living their lives to protect her and to ensure her safety. That’s what she should do. Starting today, that’s what she will do.

Her contemplations were interrupted when both girls on her side unexpectedly encircled both their arms around the doe-eyed’s slim stomach. Soon, laughter and giggles were heard inside the vast room of the billionaire deer. Both her unnies had poked her teasingly that made her burst into laughter. What a nice day to start a day with your jjang sisters, eh?

“Stop!…Hahaha! Please…Hahaha! Stop unnies!” Yoona cried for her life. Taeyeon and Tiffany considered the younger’s plea and decided to get up from the king-sized bed.

 “Alligator laugh activated” Taeyeon spoke grinning as she fixed her messy pajamas from that one-sided war.

Yoona was beaming the most beautiful smile she can ever give and this made Taeyeon’s heart flutter to the fullest. This made her pinch the younger’s cheeks that gained a cry from the latter.

“Okay. Okay. Stop it, you’re gonna hurt her Taetae.” Tiffany break off the dorkiness of the kid-leader and shoved her to the side. Taeyeon just grinned even more while Yoona caressed her reddened cheeks.

“What do you want for breakfast, Yoong?” Tiffany asked the deer which resulted to a sudden jolt of the younger in the mention of food.

“I want spaghetti for today.” Yoona excitedly responded which gained a pat on the head from Taeyeon.

I wish you are always like this, Yoong. Taeyeon thought.

“Alright! You’re Taeyeon unnie will make one for you, right Tae?” Tiffany purposely said as she wanted to make Yoona happy with her cousin cooking and might as well taste the excellent cooking of the ahjumma.

“What?!” Taeyeon yelled as she was caught off guard at the sudden suggestion of her cooking for breakfast. Tiffany gave her the you-will-do-it-or-else face that made the poor Taeyeon just nod in annoyance.

“Yes, I’ll be cooking…”she stated unenthusiastically.

Yoona beamed her smile again and the two elderly never regretted the idea of them sleeping with the deer last night.

“Okay. Get yourself ready for school young lady while I cook breakfast and your Tiffany unnie assisting me.” Taeyeon said commanding the people around her.

Tiffany just grinned at the leader mode of the shortie and just shove away Yoona to start cleaning herself up.

 

***

Tiffany’s POV

Taeyeon and I went down the stairs to start preparing the spaghetti Yoona requested. She’s such a lovely kid that you couldn’t resist and I am happy seeing her smile. Taeyeon must not take into granted my favorite dongsaeng.

We reached the kitchen of the mansion and we saw Mr. Lee sipping his morning coffee.

“Good morning Mr. Lee” Taeyeon and I said in unison. This made the old man rise up from his seat.

“Well good morning Madames. Why so early in the morning?” Mr. Lee asked as we requested him to continue his coffee time.

“Our Yoona is requesting spaghetti for breakfast…” Taeyeon spoke as she folded up the sleeves of her night shirts.

“Oh now that’s good news! I’ll be preparing to cook Miss…” Mr. Lee joyfully said as he tried to gulp down his coffee at once.

“Don’t bother yourself Sir. Taeyeon here will be cooking.” I said warmly trying to calm down the seemingly excited Mr. Lee.

“Are you sure Madame?” the old man seriously asked that resulted for me to burst into laughter. Taeyeon’s look couldn’t believe what Mr. Lee has just said.

“Did I say something wrong Madame?” the ahjusshi innocently asked.

I finally let out a small chuckle after that burst out of laughter.

“Nothing in particular, Mr. Lee. Don’t mind her.” Taeyeon spoke, now washing her hands on the sink.

The old man just shrugged and continued on with his coffee and I decided to help Taengoo with her chore.

“Oh I almost forgot! Mr. Lee kindly call Yoona’s school about what I told you last night. I want that arrangement to be done today. To delay it means to kill my cousin.” Taeyeon suddenly commanded while chopping the necessary ingredients in the chopping board.

“Ah yes Madame! Very well, I might as well go ahead and do my mission.” Mr. Lee hurriedly exited the kitchen and went somewhere to accomplish Taeyeon’s order.

I smiled silently as Taeyeon concentrated herself back with what she was doing. I like this part of her. The focused and determined Taeyeon that I lived with my entire life. This is the person I loved my whole life and she is right in front of me. Yeah. vShe is near, yet feels so far. What happened to us Taeyeon? Is this about my confession? Or is this about my engagement that you never looked at me right through my eyes the way you did before. Answer me Taeyeon.

“Enjoying the view?” she unexpectedly asked, her gazed still focus on the onions she was chopping.

I smiled genuinely with her statement and instead of stuttering, I continued to enjoy the view as-a-matter-of-factly.

She paused for a while and stared at me. Her stare was not firm. It was too weak for me.

“You’re engaged Tiff. And engaged people don’t stare at someone as seductive as you did to me, besides her fiancé.” She said. I knew it! This was because of my engagement that she never looked into my eyes with that sincerity she always had.

“Why? I’m still your friend right? Best friend in particular…” I said trying to start an argument with this meticulous person.

“Well you clearly know that your best friend has a mutual feeling for you and with you being engage, that would be inappropriate.” She said trying to make a point.

Haigooo.

“Okay then. You want me to stop?” I summoned with a little hint of annoyance in my tone.

 Do you want me to stop this whole thing Tae? Because you know, what I am doing is my way of saying that I still need you. That I was wrong about my feelings and that Nickhun was only my means of getting over you. There! I admitted it! I know it was selfish of me to use Nickhun but the guy was so like you. Everytime I am with him, I remembered you and I convinced myself that I will eventually fall for him too since you resembled him. But no. Now that you’re back, the feelings that I have set aside is creeping back to me. This inclination of staying by your side and taking care of you is back and I never felt so alive until yesterday. The day that I was again mesmerized by your charisma and your aura that never failed to amaze me. I love you Kim Taeyeon. You should know that.

“No Tiff, listen to me…” she spoke as she dropped the cutting knife on the table. I stared at her and there it is again, the empty stare that she was giving me since yesterday.

“You have to choose between the both of us…” she merely spoke but I heard everything she said.

“What?”

“You have to choose Ppany… Nickhun or me… I cannot continue this. I don’t want to be the hopeless romantic best friend who never gets the chance to get her girl; whose only capability is to watch you from afar, doing the things that we should have been shared instead of doing it with that guy… I want you all mine Tiffany Hwang. Just mine…” she said with a calm and serious tone.

“Taeyeon-ah…” I said rather hurt of the things she said. Not because it was insulting but because it was true. I am hurting her so badly and I never knew it would be this much.

She smiled hopelessly as she shook her head out of whatever feeling she is feeling right now. I stared at her intensely trying to understand her actions.

“I am sorry. Why am I telling you to choose when you have already chosen right? The ring clearly showed me your choice.” Taeyeon finally spoke. My knees started to weaken as I heard her statement. I cannot say a word. It’s as if my lips were glued to each other and that my brain could not process anything. Am I too late?

She inhaled deeply and sighed exhaustingly.

“Just answer me soon, Tiffany Hwang. You know that I do value my time a lot.” She ended with a cold remark on her accent, counting it as the second time to hear my full name being uttered by Taeyeon. It is indicative that we are both in a war zone now which means, I cannot talk to her for days.

I regretted starting up an argument with her. I am always left agape and speechless. Now, we are not talking anymore. This totally !

Taeyeon continued chopping the ingredients and soon she was cooking the pasta. I was just there, sitting at the chair situated near the table watching Taeyeon do the cooking. It was as if I was not there watching her. She did not even bother to glance at me for a second or something. I feel useless here.

Suddenly, my phone rang which I was carrying all the way from Yoona’s  room.

“Talk to me.” I said coldly to the person over the line knowing who the caller ID was.

“Agent Hwang, Director Lee wants to see you in his office right now.” The rookie agent who was also the one who gave Taeyeon her papers yesterday spoke.

“What is it all about?” I asked as I stood up from my seat and went to grab my bag.

“I don’t know Agent Hwang. He only told me to call you immediately. I believe it is an utmost importance.” The rookie said.

“I’ll be there in ten minutes.” I hung up.

“I’ll get going. The old man wants to see me.” I said coolly to Taeyeon since I know she won’t give a damn in asking me why.

“Copy.” She said firmly while her back was to the stove. Told you.

I sighed for the last time and went out of the mansion before I can tear up on Taeyeon’s acts towards me, not minding the cold response that I got from her.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

I abruptly smashed my fist at the tiled cooking area as Tiffany walked away from me. I am angry. Totally. Well not for my gem but to myself. I was not able to tell her the truth about my feelings. She was oblivious of my hidden love for her and now, it’s too late. She’s getting married soon and I’ll be left alone with nothing.

I sighed at my stupidity. Oh! And if she knew about me and Jessica, how will she react? I was not thinking that time. I was lost and I did not know what I was doing. I know I am such a jerk. I deserve this. I deserve to be alone.

“Unnie…” a light, sweet voice cut off my growing hatred towards myself.

“Done already?” I asked when Yoona slowly paced towards me.

I saw her nod at my question as she focused more to the food I was making.

“How about you?” she asked after taking a peek at the sauce that I was making for the pasta.

“Almost.” I replied shortly. She then scanned the room and I knew perfectly who she was looking for.

“Where’s Tiffany Unnie?” Yoona asked.

“Director Lee wants to see her now so she went.” I simply stated that earned a nod from my cousin. I don’t want to remember the scene we had a while ago so I decided to mum myself and continue what I was doing.

“Grab a chair and put some plates on the table, Yoong.”  I commanded my dongsaeng as I turned off the stove and shove the wings of the cabinet to get a plate for my home-made spaghetti. Yoona did as I say and put some plates on the table.

“Just like old times, huh Unnie?” Yoona said while putting forks on the side of the plates.

I briefly glanced at her and smiled.

“Yeah… Just like old times.” I answered, this time laying the bowl of spaghetti on the table.

Yoona’s eyes beamed in excitement at the sight of food. I’ve never seen her this eager like forever. She was as jolly as an elementary kid before but right after the incident, she just seemed so like an adult who thinks of solutions to problems. She grew cold and expressionless. Well, I felt like I was also a factor of her changed physique. I trained her to be a strong and wise person while we were away in America so that no one can hurt her when I’m not around and I think I overdid it.

Haigoo.

I missed the carefree and happy Yoona. I hope she’ll get back. After all, she is the reason why I never want to enter into a formal relationship. I am the only family she has and I promised myself that I will set aside my love life until Yoona is safe and free from the hands of the League. That’s a promise I will fulfill.

“Eownniee…Theis es sooo deylecioous!” Yoona said while a plateful (well, almost) spaghetti was being munched inside .

I grinned at her goofiness whilst leaning on the table with my arms pressed against the board. I was surprised when Yoona suddenly shoved a roll of pasta into my mouth.

“Yah!” I exclaimed as I voluntarily chewed the food in my mouth. The doe-eyed girl just grinned even more as she continued eating. Just be like this every day, Yoona. Pretty please?

She continued eating while I was watching her.

“Hey, unnie. How did you know Jessica by the way?” Yoona asked out of the blue which surprised me.

“Why did you ask?” I replied trying to avoid her question.

“I just find it interesting, you know. I never saw you with other close friends other than Tiffany unnie and some of your close colleagues in the Society. How did you even met her without me noticing?” she continued in her interrogation.

“Well, we met while we were in America and you will never know since I barely agreed on you getting out of the house.” I simply said trying to drop the matter. I don’t want her to know about what happened between Jessica and me. I promised Jessica that what happened amongst us will stay forever between us. That’s the least that I can do for her.

“You seem to know her well, though. Why were you so astonished when you saw her yesterday?” my dongsaeng continued.

I sighed on her stubbornness. She is quite an interrogator.

“Do you really want to know?” I asked eagerly which earned a bobbing head from Yoona. I smiled at her childishness.

“Well…” I prolonged my words and I swore to God that I will give Mr. Lee a bear hug after this when I saw him enter the kitchen premises.

“Madame…” I saw Yoona groan at the sudden interruption of the old man.

“Mr. Lee!” a slightly annoyed Yoona exclaimed.

“Well good morning young Miss!” the innocent man greeted happily, oblivious of my fuming cousin's little annoyance.

“You are such an intruder, Mr. Lee. Taeyeon unnie was about to spill the beans when you suddenly came.” Yoona whined at the act of the old man. Instead of being insulted at the sudden uproar, Mr. Lee smiled and bowed his head.

“Oh my bad, young Miss. But I believe that what I am about to say is a lot interesting than that of Madame Kim’s.” he said calmly.

I smiled at the gesture of the old man and I told her to go on with the thing he was about to report.

“The school agreed with the arrangement, Madame Kim. The principal said that someone also went to see her last night to tell her about it and she couldn’t agree more. The ones involved with these were the high profile students of the institution who were the daughters of big companies and enterprises in Korea and she believed that it will help ensuring their safety including our young Miss'. She said they will start it today.” Mr. Lee narrated.

I nodded as I pondered. So these kids are also prone to this kind of mess since their parents are also as big as the stars in the sky and whose wealth are also as vast as the seabed. Now, I am hitting two birds in one stone. I can protect Yoona while I am silently protecting these kids, including the ice-princess.

“Very well. Thank you Mr. Lee.” I said appreciating his effort.

“What was it about, Unnie?” Yoona asked.

"Oh, just a little change in your homeroom. That's all." I replied.

"What do you mean?" Yoona asked, listening attentively.

"You'll know when you get to school....with me." I said as I stood up from my seat. I heard Yoona gasped.

"So you're going with me to school?? Whole day???" she asked even more, now a little bit more eager.

"Yes kiddo. So better hurry up while I clean myself." I stated as I ruffled her hair and slowly paced out of the kitchen. I heard giggles and hoorays coming from the kitchen earning a grin from me.

Aish! That kid.

And just like that, Yoona's question on how Jessica and I met was forgotten and left unanswered. It's not yet the right time to spill the beans, Yoong. Not now. Maybe some other time, when I am ready enough to face its circumstances.