Chapter 4

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry for the slow updates, I was busy in school. College stuffs,you know. Anyway, I hope you will like the double-update. Do comment, subscribe and upvote. It inspires me to do better in this story. Forever GG :)

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

What is she doing here???

That was the question that immediately popped out of my mind as I saw Jessica in the hospital where Yoonawas. Did she tell Yoona? I hope she did not.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I tried to compose myself from that sudden outburst of astonishment.

“What do you think?” she replied uninterestedly. This brat.

“So you know each other.” Yoona blurted out.

“Y..Yeah. We met a long time ago.” I tried my best not to stutter and I hoped I succeeded.

I heard Jessica smirk and eyed her cautiously so that my favorite cousin will not notice.

Damn you Jessica.

“Well, she’s my classmate and she helped mebring here the person who saved me.” Yoona said exhaustingly. I am sure she was again reminded of the cruel past that she had with her family. I promised to myself that I will never let her enter a hospital anymore but I did not succeed.

I sighed at the thought of Yoona being gloomy.

“Everything’s gonna be alright, Yoong.” I patted her head as I turned my attention towards her.

“Yeah. Don’t worry. Yuri’s fine. She’s a strong woman Yoona.” Jessica added.

“Yeah, she’s good.” The tallest of the three ladies at the back of Jessica donned in the same uniform as Yoona’s spoke. The two others gave her an assuring smileas we both tried to comfort my fragile deer.

My cousin just stared distressingly at the door of the emergency room, hoping for the operation to be done soon. All of us have waited for several minutes before the doctor came out. We eventually gathered around him who, as I have been trained to read expressions, was obviously carrying a good news.

“Oh I’m sorry for waiting girls.” he said as he removed his mask off his face. He seemed to know the ladies who was with Jessica and Yoona.

“How’s Yuri uncle? Is she alright?” the tallest person among us asked.

“Yeah she will be fine. The wounds were a little bit deep and there were a lot of blood lost but you know my daughter, she’s a warrior.” The doctor said with a calm expression on his face. I can see that he was a lot more worried than anyone else in this place right now. His eyes were portraying an expression of concern that have just faded away. I mean who won’t, it was her daughter she had just operated.

All of us sighed in relief as we heard the good news. In my peripheral view, I saw Jessica smile-the most beautiful smile that eventually melted the ice figure that she has. I also saw Yoona smile at the information.

It was so nice seeing my most favorite girls smile this much.

“Can we go see her?” the shortest person of the three girls asked the father doctor.

“Maybe in her room, Sunny. We will transfer her right after we put on some necessary apparatuses.” He replied. He then bid goodbye as a nurse called him.

“Do you want to go home Yoona? Your friend was alright now. You have nothing to worry.” I said as I turned to see her.

“Yeah. Your unnie is right. Go get some rest. We’ll take it here.” Jessica added.

What I like the most about Jessica is her caring and sweet personality when she knows you are in need of comfort and right now, she’s giving it to Yoona. Thanks Sica. I know from the beginning that you are this type of person.

My stubborn cousin shook her head.

“I want to see her wake up.” She said expressionlessly. I sighed but before I could speak a thing, one of the girls spoke.

“Hey, Yoona. I am Hyoyeon. This is Sunny and Sooyoung. We are Yuri’s bestfriend and we know that if she is here, she sure doesn’t want to see the one she saved be sick because of her. So now, go home and get some rest. Stress is never a good thing.” The girl named Hyoyeon said gently as she pointed the girls she just named.

“Hyoyeon’s right Yoona. Don’t worry, we’ll tell her how beautiful you are when she wakes up and she’ll be fine soon.” The shortest named Sunny jokingly added.

I inwardly awed at the kindness that these persons are giving to my cousin. This is what Yoona needs--kindness. With the way they talk and act, I can see that I can trust them.

Suddenly, a husky voice called.

“Taeyeon!Yoona!” I spun around to see who it was and saw Tiffany walking towards us.

“Tiffany…” I uttered.

“Tippanyunnie…” I heard Yoona whispered my gem’s name. Tiff on the other hand eventually came towards us and hugged Yoona.

“Are you okay Yoong?” she asked worriedly.

“Yes unnie. I’m alright.” Yoona answered with a little smile on her face.

She turned to me and I saw her T-manager face.Oops.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” she said seriously.

“I don’t want to bother you.” I replied as a matter-of-factly. Why do I have to? I mean, she has moreimportant things to do right? Like attending to that Nickhun guy? Right?

“Shut up…” Tiffany hissed.

She scoffed at my answer and her eyes met with the other persons who are with us.

“Who are these people?” she asked as she examined every single one of them including Jessica. Jessica stared at Tiffany coldly but it seems that her cold physique will never shake the ego of the mushroom.

“Yoona’s friends…”

“What really happened anyways?” she asked as she gazed back at me. I explained what happened and saw that her face was portraying a bothered look.

“We have to make sure that these kids will not be involved in this mess Taeyeon. You know what will happen” She said in a low-serious tone as she told me the fear that I never wanted to imagine.

I looked at the kids in front of me who are chatting happily with each other and Jessica who was listening to them. These are innocent people that I don’t want to be involved with the mess of the cruel world, of the mess of Yoona’s past.

I momentarily thought that we should just go back to America and never get back here but I realized that it will be a wrong move. I know the capabilities of the League and once you are connected to their target person, you will eventually be involved and be their enemy, too. I don’t want more lives to shed. I don’t’ want innocent people be killed.

I looked back to Tiffany and gave her my signature look.

“We should protect them from now on, Tiff. They are officially a part of the League’s targets, too.” I said seriously. Tiffany sighed realizing the danger that is brought about by the incident. She immediately grasped the gravity of the situation and the importance of making an immediate strategy to our new-found trouble.

“Should we tell them about this?” Tiffany asked.

“No. You know that it’s the last thing that we can do. Our duty is to ensure their protection while protecting Yoona’s background and the Society’s existence. You know we can’t risk everything.” I replied firmly as I massaged my temple, thinking about the sudden rush of troubles awaiting for us.

I could only sigh in despair. I think Tiffany realized that I was again stressing the hell out of me so she decided to speak.

“Okay, this is enough for today. Let’s get the both of you home. You need rest.” She stated.

Before we bid goodbyes, I took the girls’ numbers and addresses including Jessica’s and told them that it was for friendship sake. Honestly, it was for their safety. The personal information they gave will be used by the Society for keeping them safe from the League’s schemes.  From now on, the Society will be looking out for them and will watch their every move secretly to keep them from the League’s evil plans. This is the best thing that I can do for them.

We then left the hospital with a lot of things in our minds.

 

Jessica’s POV

Taeyeon and Yoona went home with that eye-smiling girl. I think she was the one Taeyeon was referring as I saw their kinship with each other. It was irritating at how she stared at me a while ago. Don’t get me wrong but I don’t like her for Taeyeon. She’s just too clingy and possessive. If she just knew what happened between me and Taeng, I’m sure she’ll be so agitated.

“Sica, are you going or not?” Sunny suddenly asked me.

“Where?” I asked in reply.

“Gosh, to Yuri’s room of course. Where do you think ice-princess?” Hyoyeon answered me.

“O..oh yes. I…I’m sorry.” I stuttered as I realized that I was not listening to their conversation.

The brats just smiled at my carelessness and I gave them my icy cold glare that they are accustomed with.

Just then, I felt a sudden thump weighted on my shoulder and saw that it was the giant. She encircled her arms around my cute little shoulders and grinned.

“What the hell Sooyoung!” I cried at her sudden action.

“Oh come on Sica. I know you’ve missed me too!” she replied with an aegyo. I think I’m gonna puke.

“Geesh giant. That is the last thing that I wanted to think of.” I replied trying to get her arms off me.

“Hey, missing someone isn’t a thought. It’s a feeling you silly.” She stated confidently.

“Whatever.” I just simply retorted. I stopped trying to get her off me and just stayed as it is as I was too exhausted toargue with this shikshin.

Sunny and Hyoyeon just laughed at the both of us.

Sooyoung’s right, missing someone is a feeling not a thought as I am feeling glad and complete being with these fools right now. I have missed the times we’ve spent together and the moments we have made. I’m going to make it up to them in our final year and will always spend the remaining days in high school with them.

We arrived at Yuri’s room in no time. We entered and saw the brave black pearl lying on the bed with tubes of oxygen attached to her and a bandage around her severed head. She was really brave to save my dearest Yoona.

 I really like that part of Yuri. She never thinks what will happen next because as long as she feels the need to act, she will do it. I hoped I can be that active, though. Adventurous and dynamic—that is Yuri. Me? Lazy and sleepy. Nevertheless, thank you Yuri for saving my long-lost love. I’ll forever treasure your effort.

“This fool…” Sooyoung said, obviously impressed at what Yuri did.

“Yeah. She is such a stupid black pearl.” Hyoyeon added as Sunny patted her back.

I sat at the chair beside her bed and reached for her freehand.

“Please wake up soon, Yul. We need you…I need you.” I said sincerely. I think she hated me for leaving to America without her knowing and I wanted to talk to her about it. I want to apologize for my childish behavior and I need her to know that I am sorry.

Just wake up Yul.

 

Yoona’s POV

Tiffany unnie drove us home with her car. Taeyeonunnie was silent throughout the ride and I was still anxious and guilty for what happened today. I think I deserve to be in that hospital not Yuri.

We arrived at the house safely and I immediately went up the stairs to get to my room. I saw Mr. Lee came out of the kitchen but I did not mind him.

“Yoona…” I heard Taeyeonunnie called me but I again decided to ignore her as I have enough crap for today. This is just my first day in class, my first day in my new school, my first free day in Korea but what the hell happened?

. That’s what happened.

I have enough of the drama and action and all I want right now is to slump myself on my bed and hug my huge rilakkuma doll. Doing it will be the best thing that I can do right now. I don’t want to cry for godsake. I had enough of it five years ago and I promised myself that never will I ever shed a tear, not even once.

I passed by the security people guarding my room as I entered and I was too mentally occupied to greet them. I slammed the door behind me and took off the jacket that I was wearing.

Wait a minute.

This is not my jacket. It’s a little bit cutesy and tiny than mine. Whose clothing is… Oh yes. This was Jessica’s. She wrapped this sheath around me at the waiting area near the ER. I forgot to give it back to her before we went off.

I sighed at my clumsiness and dropped my tired body on the bed with the jacket on my right hand. I closed my eyes, hoping to erase all the memories of my past and today.

My life is garbage. I am such a waste. Everytime I’m alone, I wished that I was with Umma, Appa and Oppa during the day they were murdered. I might as well have died with them before, I should not have experienced this loneliness and emptiness I’m feeling right now.

My tears had dried up five years ago and what was left with me was a cold, emotionless heart. I do not actually know what I am still striving to live for. I do not have any parents, I am alone and my life is full of crap. I’m just giving a headache to my cousin and her Society, someone was hospitalized and was in the verge of dying just trying to save me and now, Jessica and her friends are already involved with this bull.

. Just .

“I am one futile creature” I smiled bitterly at the truthfulness of what I said. It’s true right? I’m wasted. 

Little did I know that I was already drifting to sleep, ready to end my horrible day and start a miserable new one tomorrow.