Chapter 8

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

Yuri abruptly stood up from whatever state she thinks she came from. She was panting as if she had run distance and her sweat was visible on her forehead. Her eyes were b of tears without knowing the reason behind all of these.

Just then, she realized that she is not in her room.

“Where am I?” she barely whispered as she scanned the room. All she can see was grey-painted wall all over the place and she also realized that she has medical tubes connected to her.

“What happened…” she whispered again, now talking to herself as she remembered the moment before darkness overcome her.

Oh yes. I saved that girl. Yuri thought.

She vividly remembered what happened as she caressed her head in which she felt a rough cloth surrounding it. She must be in a hospital right now when she recalled how painful it was when that metals she saw bumped her head and how freely blood flowed down her cheeks. However, her guess of being in a hospital was not exactly what she pictures as of the moment. The place was too isolated for a hospital room and she doesn’t see a single window that will at least bring the sunrays to her face.

When she examined more, she found out that the room has CCTV cameras installed in each corner and that the door has an eye-scanner. She had only seen those ones in movies and in TV where spy-themed programs are showed. Pretty impressive for a hospital.

Wait a minute! What the?!

She tried to be calm in this absurd situation as she cautiously got off the bed slowly. She attempted to pull out the tubes in her hands and in her nose but it was such a hard thing to do. Her strength was too little that her knees trembled the moment it tried to straight up her posture. She exhaled exhaustingly as she tried to dismantle the tubes with her again but was obviously unable to do so.

Yuri was too absorbed in her attempt of escaping that she did not even notice the door opening and a person entering the room she was in.

“I will not do that if I were you…” a crack of a voice startled Yuri that she almost jumped from her position and turned to the intruder.

However, instead of a grumpy old man who was inhaling the unhealthy smoke of a tobacco stick or a middle-aged lady who was covered with all the colors of make-ups on her face, Yuri saw a tall, fair-skinned, skinny, doe-eyed girl wearing a black leather jacket that suited her long black hair. Their eyes locked at each other and the tanned girl immediately remembered something.

“Hey! You are that girl from the other day!” she blurted out as she pointed her index finger to Yoona, forgetting that she has on her hands the tubes she tried to remove. When she realized this, she immediately brought it down and gulped.

Just then, Yoona started to walk towards Yuri, not showing any emotions on her face. On the other hand, the tanned girl started to panic once again as she saw that the doe-eyed girl was nearing her. She stepped her foot back but saw that the tubes were not helping her to get out of her situation.

Geez! What am I supposed to do?! And why is she walking towards me?! Yuri exclaimed inside her.

She doesn’t know what to do anymore so she decided to close her eyes and just let what will happen, happen. Just then, she felt a hand at the top of her head. She slowly opened her eyes with her scrunched up face and saw that the doe-eyed girl patted her severed head and her pretty eyes are looking at her.

Dugeun. Dugeun.

“Are you okay now?” Yoona asked the poor girl in front of her. The moment she saw the unconscious black pearl with that bandage on her head, guilt struck her. She should have been the person lying unconsciously on the bed but no. This person in front of her saved her and she could not thank her more.

Meanwhile, Yuri blinked more than thrice- a habit she used to do when she’s caught off guard. This girl in front of her is just breath taking and she cannot take her eyes off her.

“Hey, Yuri…”

Now Yuri blinked more than ever.

“How did you know my name?” was the words that came out from . She started to feel embarrass now. She should have answered a statement at the doe’s question but instead, she answered with a question.

Yoona smiled at the sudden gesture. No one ever dared to question her on a first conversation.

“How could I not know my savior’s name?” Yoona asked coolly as she put her hands at the side pocket of her jacket. Yuri blushed at the sudden mention of the word savior. She did not even thought of saving this deer but the moment she saw how in great danger this girl was, she felt the sudden urge to protect her, to put her into safe arms-into her arms.

“W…well…”

“Don’t answer that. Just go back to bed and rest…” Yoona commanded as she tried to push the girl back to the cursed bed.

“I don’t want to… Besides, I’m fine now.” Yuri resisted.

Yoona looked at her patient firmly and the tanned girl looked her back with those serious eyes. No one dared to break the stare until Yuri has to blink for it. She never won in an eye-staring contest anyway.

“Geez! Really, I am fine now. I’m alright”

“That’s what you told me before, pabo”

“Well, this is for real now. I was medicated and is stronger than ever…” Yuri insisted.

Yoona could only sigh in defeat. She never surrendered for someone’s plead but this girl in front of her is just too stubborn. Just too stubborn. At last, she met someone as hard-headed as her and she is expecting more troubles from this tanned lady.

 

***

 

“Where are we going?” Yuri trailed behind Yoona as they walked out of the room the doe-eyed brought her in to change clothes. They are walking in a busy grey-painted corridor with a clear elevator at the end of the path. The tanned girl earned no answer from the skinny girl and the two of them continued walking until they reached the door.

Yoona pressed a button from the side of the elevator door and it opened. The two of them entered and soon they are going up. The young ladies stood in silence as they waited for the elevator to reach its destination. Yoona stared at nothing while Yuri was obviously fidgeting with her hands.

“What is it?” Yoona suddenly asked out of nowhere which startled Yuri.

“What?”

“Your question. You have something to ask right?” Yoona replied, still glued to her position.

How did she know that??!

Yuri widened her eyes at the sudden confrontation. How did this girl know about her thoughts? Goosebumps started to trail around Yuri’s neck as she imagined creepy thinks about this girl beside her. Maybe she’s a witch?

“W…What’s your…name?” but Yuri asked anyway. She’s urging to know this doe-eyed girl’s name from the very beginning and she will not want to miss this opportunity to ask her.

Yoona tilted her head towards the anticipating tanned girl and saw how admirable Yuri looks when she’s waiting for an answer.

Puppy. That’s what Yoona thought when she looked at Yuri in this state and she’ll definitely take note of this idea.

“TING!” the elevator sounded so loud that it scrunched up Yuri’s face. She was startled and at the same time disappointed that the elevator was fast enough to ruin her moment with her new-found crush.

Yoona smiled inwardly as she saw Yuri’s expression. She never met someone who could change facial expressions in just 5 seconds.

However, Yoona is a caring person. She will never add more disappointment to the girl especially that she knows that it’s bad for Yuri’s stitched head.

Before they left the elevator, she made sure Yuri got the answer she needed to get.

“Yoona. My name is Yoona.”

 

***

 

Jessica was sitting beside the bed where someone important was lying. Her eyes are glued to the unconscious person who has bandages around her head and a splint on her right arm. She never thought that they will make it out there alive but this person made it possible.

Pabo. Just paboo. Jessica thought.

 

“Everybody down!!!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she pushed all the girls down. The ladies were startled at the sudden outburst and could not understand the ahjumma’s tantrums until erring sounds of explosions can be heard inside the room and debris are scattering everywhere.

“What’s happening?!” Hyoyeon cried while concealing her head with her arms. The other girls cannot hide their fear as more explosions can be heard and soon the alarm of the school shouted. Students from the outside started to panic and most of them are hurrying to get out of the building.

“Let’s get out of here!” Sooyoung exclaimed, almost pleading for her life. She could not understand what was happening. One moment they were talking and the next thing she knew, they are already struggling for their lives. She doesn’t want to die yet!

“No! Just stay together! We will not make it without back up!” Tiffany said and turned her head towards Taeyeon who was already dialing a number.

“This is Agent Kim 009! We are under attack! I repeat, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! We need back up right away! We are at the North, NorthWest from your position with the estimated altitude of 78⁰ from the base. Be here as soon as possible!!” Taeyeon exclaimed over the phone and hung up.

With that, Taeyeon started to scan the room for a possible safer place. She spotted a table which was a little away from their location but can be managed to reach if they would not want to die.

“Okay, just stay calm everybody. I want all of you to cautiously crawl towards that table and hide yourself under it. With my estimation, the backup will be hear within 5 minutes and if this building will endure until that time, we can go out of here safely.” Taeyeon instructed the girls as she tried her best to pacify their anxiety. She was trained to encounter this kind of events and these girls are her responsibilities. She will not let her guard down and allow her own fear to overcome them. Not today.

Slowly, with the debris falling above their head, one by one crept towards the table Taeyeon directed them to hide under. Sunny and Hyoyeon took the initiative to go on first while they were being assisted by Tiffany. They would pause when another explosion would whack the building and continue until they reached the table. Taeyeon sighed half-heartedly. She still has three more girls to attend to.

“Okay girls, your turn…” Taeyeon said as she tried to pat their backs to move towards the table.

Sooyoung was already trembling in fear, frightened that she will not get to the table safely. She doesn’t want to die but she doesn’t want to crawl to that table with these bombs interrupting her way.

“Sooyoung go…” Jessica commanded as she saw the hesitation on the giant’s face.

“I will not make it… I don’t want to go… I don’t want to die…” Sooyoung spoke with her pale face visible to the girls and her fidgeting body was evident. Jessica saw how vulnerable her best friend was and she pitied her. But what can she do? She’s not a superhuman to prevent these attacks and get them to safer place. What she can do is to encourage them to do their best in keeping themselves alive.

“Hey listen to me. We’ll make it together okay? You’re gonna be okay and you’re gonna survive this hell we’re in. You can do it, Yoongie. Now go…” Jessica cupped her best friend’s cheeks before shoving her away to crawl towards the safer place. They will not die here, Jessica knew that.

Slowly, Sooyoung being assisted with Yoona crawled towards the table leaving Taeyeon and Jessica behind at their former place.

“Let’s go, Sica…” Taeyeon reached out her hand for Jessica. She still has making ups to do with this girl and she will not let this situation kill her. They need to get out of here alive-all of them-and to do that they need to creep down to the table.

The ice-princess nodded and held hands with Taeyeon before going towards the other girls. She’s in anxiety as well but having Taeyeon with her was enough to ease her fear. She felt comfortable and secured the moment she touched the kid leader’s hand and thanks to her, they reached the table safely.

The girls were thankful that the table was big enough to fit all of them under but that doesn’t mean they are safe. The explosions haven’t stopped a bit and they are already eager to get out of the place.

“Where are they??” Tiffany asked, anxious about the deteriorating firmness of the building. If the back-ups will not be here soon, they’ll all gonna die. All of them.

Just then, a ruckus from the outside was heard by the people under the table.

“Agent Kim! Agent Hwang” people wearing black kevlars and bulletproof vests armored with high caliber shooting guns appeared out of nowhere and the girls sighed in relief knowing that they will be safe soon.

BAAANG!!

More explosions reached the building and the terrorists don’t seem to go out of ammunitions with them.

“Agents! We need to get of here! Now!” one of the men in kevlar suit shouted.

Taeyeon nodded and all of them cautiously went out of the table so that they could get out of the place. The others were assisted by more men, ensuring that the heiresses will be protected. Taeyeon trailed carefully behind Jessica as she let the blonde go before her. She was sure that they can be safe now and that the girls will be secured.

However, her unusual feeling struck her again and it bothered her much. Her instinct must process fast since she know how in great danger they are now. She definitely cursed when she looked up to see that the wall dividing the room and the corridor was obviously cracking down and it was fast. She looked down to realize that the ice-princess was the exact person to be hit by the collapsing wall. But before the devil could go on with his plan, Taeyeon courageously run towards Jessica and encircled her arms around the ice-princess. Before everyone could react, the wall collapsed with the two of them under it.

 

The door opened and there Tiffany’s figure appeared. The people inside the room looked towards the creaking door and saw the mushroom wearing a serious expression on her face.

“How’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked as she entered the room. Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon kept mum as they turned their head towards the ice-princess. Jessica was with the kid-leader all this time and she never left Taeyeon’s side the moment the girl was sent in her room. She should answer the not-so-eye-smiling-girl right now.

“The doctor can’t say anything right now. He said we should wait until Taeyeon wakes up.” Jessica said in a low voice. She knows that Tiffany has the right to be angry at her. She was the cause of Taeyeon’s injury and the reason for the ahjumma being hurt.

Tiffany, on the other hand, feels the guilt that Jessica has. She knew she had no right to be angry at her because Taeyeon just did what she needed to do. However, just thinking about how loving and gentle Taeyeon looked when she held hands with the ice-princess and how passionate she looked when she embraced Jessica whole-heartedly before the devastating wall hit the both of them just gave the American girl a hunch on .

Jealousy. That’s the right term for the feeling that’s itching her as of the moment. Definitely jealousy.

Tiffany sighed at the ice-princess’ answer. She has been waiting for Taeyeon all this years and it’s just funny how she needs to wait again for Taeyeon to wake up just to make sure that she’s okay. That she and Taeyeon are okay.

Suddenly, the door creaked and two tall figures showed.

“Yuri!” Sooyoung exclaimed at the top of her lungs when she saw the person she has been eager to see. She hurriedly went over the girl and hugged her tightly, ignoring the fact that the tanned girl just woke up from an injury in her head. 

"Yah shikshin! You're killing Yuri! You want her to be back in bed again?" Hyoyeon reprimanded the giant who was too excited to meet their tanned friend.

"I'm sorry. I just missed this stupid kid, that's all." Sooyoung apologized with full of warmth and sincerity in her tone.

"I'm older than you, pabo." Yuri retaliated which earned giggles from her friends. She scanned the room and saw the ice-princess sitting beside the bed. They stared at each other and Yuri saw the vulnerability of Jessica behind her cold physique.

"Hi Yuri..." was all Jessica could utter. She has no strenght to even say a cheerful greeting to her friend who just woke up from being unconscious and she made sure to apologize when she can gather herself again.

"Hi Sica..."

There was silence engulfing the people inside the room and it was getting awkward. Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung was getting uneasy with the feeling and they knew they need to do something to get out of this situation.

"Uh...Uhm... I'm hungry. Who wants to eat?" Sooyoung cleared and raised her hand, hoping that she'll get an answer from her friends and thankfully, Hyoyeon answered her.

"I am hungry... Le...Let's go Soonkyu..." Hyoyeon stuttered before dragging the tallest and the shortest among them out of the room, leaving the persons with issues behind the awkward four-cornered place. It is up for them now to talk it over with all the questions and issues bombarding their heads and the intense emotions they are feeling.

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update guys. Been busy with school. I promise to make it up to you...soon...Kekeke. Sorry again. Please bear with my update. It's kinda short. Lovelots, author-nim.