Chapter 6

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

Taeyeon was at the bar. She decided to take a break from the worrisome and tedious week. She was still on the process of absorbing things and coping up with them although she should have get over it a year ago. She sighed, remembering the sleepless nights of Yoona. They have been staying in US for 1 year already but her 13-year-old cousin still cries in the middle of the night and often experiences nightmares. In as much as she wanted to go back in her slumber every time Yoona would go back to sleep, she couldn’t. Her motherly side tells her not to. So she stays in the room of the younger and sings her lullabies so that the latter could have a good night sleep.

The dark circles below her eyes are visible enough to scare people but she did not care. She wanted fresh air and thanks to Seohyun- Yoona’s new found friend- for offering her to be with Yoona for the night so that she could take a little break. With this, she bid goodbye and promised to be home at 12. Her feet have their own brain as it led her to the bar somewhere in the city.

She knows she’s not legal enough to enter it but hey! She’s a classified agent of a confidential organization so she has a lot of ID’s with her, including those that says she’s eighteen. When the intact, huge, muscular, heavy-weighted bouncers asked for her ID, she simply gave her a seemingly normal card that indicates she is legal. The bouncer eyed Taeyeon cautiously but let her enter anyway.

Loud banging of music and blinking neon lights welcomed Taeyeon when she entered. She looked around and saw a lot of people dancing, drinking and some of them were smooching. They were enjoying the night unlike her whose purpose of going in was only to clear her mind. She sighed before walking towards a specific place.

“What do you want, Miss?” the bartender who was wiping the champagne glass asked her.

“Just give me the strongest drink you have here.” Taeyeon coolly spoke. The bartender left to get the midget’s order. They do not seem to be suspicious of anything. She fervently thanked her eye bags for this.

The bartender went back and gave her a glass of liquor that she was asking. She started drinking it, not minding the strong taste of the liquid flowing on her taste buds. She scrunched up her face after she gulped down in one shot the liquor she ordered.

“Wow! You’re unbelievably enduring for a woman! You remind me of someone, Miss.” the bartender spoke, surprised by her customer’s ability to gulp down the strongest liquor in the bar in just one shot.

Taeyeon just smirked at the remark.

“Give me three more of this.” She said.

“Comin’ right up!” the excited bartender went again for another three glasses of Taeyeon’s drink. The midget just shook her head and smiled.

If Tiffany could see me now, she’ll definitely kick me out of the bar.

Ah yes! Tiffany. Her long-time-and-secretly-beloved-best-friend. She left her in Korea to take care of her orphan cousin, Yoona. The Society’s director commanded her to do so in order to protect the latter from the League. She also believed that it was the best thing to do especially that the League was still hunting the remaining member of the wealthy Im family. They wanted her Uncle Im to be a part of the organization so that her cousin Yoona will marry one of the heirs of the most affluent and prolific member. However, her uncle declined the offer which resulted for the family to be murdered mercilessly. Now, they are looking for Yoona to continue the marriage as an exchange to the decline of her father.

Taeyeon could still remember the face of her cousin when she saw the dead bodies of her parents and her brother in the mortuary. She herself teared up when her cousin started shaking the bodies, desperate to wake them up. She will never forget the times when Yoona almost hanged herself up or cut herself in order to end the agony of being left alone.

 It’s just as if yesterday that Taeyeon saw how jolly Yoona was whenever she will visit her in their mansion. She will always babble about her school activities and how many friends she made for the day. She will even boast that she got a lot of best friends in school and she will always get the ‘Best friend of All’ award from her teacher. It broke her heart when the Yoona that she knew all her life started to disappear. The happy being was suddenly replaced by a cold, emotionless and heartless façade.

She sighed at the recall of memories. She will protect Yoona all her life- that’s what she promised to the graves of her uncle, auntie and oppa before leaving to America.

However, in order to do this she had sacrificed one thing. Tiffany.

She can still remember how Tiffany begged Director Lee to let her be with them here in the US. To allow her to accompany Taeyeon with this mission of protecting Yoona. But the director refused. He said that it would be the best for Tiffany to keep out of the mission. Taeyeon recalled Tiffany’s determined eyes in asking her to tell the director to give consent on her proposition. Nevertheless, Taeyeon also turned down her best friend’s plan. In as much as she wanted to be with her, she will never risk her. The director’s right. She should stay out of the mission and let Taeyeon do the protection.

With that, she left Tiffany behind without giving her any assurance of going back.

“Another three shots please.” Taeyeon spoke to the bartender.

“Are you sure about this, Miss?” The guy asked in a worry tone way.

“Pretty sure…” she said as her vision started to blur a bit. The bartender then again went to get Taeyeon’s drink.

Just when she turned to her right, a blonde girl sat beside her. Taeyeon found herself staring at the cold figure. The blonde’s trance was expressionless yet her eyes shows that she is fragile. Her thin lips and perfectly curved nose could kill anyone.

“Oh hey Jessica!” the bartender who was with a tray of liquor for Taeyeon spoke.

“Hey Bob! Is that for me?” the person beside the midget asked.

“Nope! This is for her.” the bartender placed the glasses of liquor in front of Taeyeon in which earned a thanks from the girl.

“Oh I see. Give me the usual, please.” Jessica ordered which earned a nod from the guy.

She then twisted her head to the girl whom Bob gave the three glass of alcohol. She observed her carefully as the lady gulped down the liquor as if it was a simple water.

“You sure have a high alcohol tolerance.” She said, amazed that she met a person as enduring as her.

The lady beside her turned to look at her and their eyes locked the moment it met. Jessica felt a sudden rush of feelings inside her as she saw the vulnerability of the other girl. Her charismatic aura resulted a gasp from her subconscious. She did not know but she find the other girl’s cold yet tired physique attractive. Taeyeon, on the other hand, felt a sudden heat on her cheeks. She did not know if it was the effect of alcohol but thanks to the blinking place, Jessica did not notice her blush. But the kid-leader was trained to hide her emotions and was able to compose herself.

“Not really.” Taeyeon spoke. A smirk formed on the lips of Jessica as she heard the words. That’s exactly what she said to Bob the first time she went to the bar and ordered a dozen glass of liquor.

“Here you go, Jessi.’ The bartender named Bob appeared suddenly.

“Thanks.”

“Oh so you two already met?” Bob asked as he leaned his arms on the counter.

“Why? Is something special about us meeting?” Jessica asked as she sipped her drink.

“Why of course! You see, this person here beside you is just like you Jess. Both of you are drinking the same liquor and just so you know, you are the only women who ordered this baby in here!” the bartender exclaimed excitedly which earned a shook on the head from the two.

“Hey dude one glass of tequila please!” a guy from the other side of the counter ordered.

“Yes sir! I’ll be right back, you two.” Bob spoke before going on with his chore.

Taeyeon and Jessica continued with their drink silently. No one dared to speak as they stared on nothing.

Soon, it was Taeyeon’s last shot and she was now a little bit tipsy. She shook her head in attempt to shrug off the feeling of being drunk but it was useless. Things around her is now moving involuntarily. She took some paper bills from her pocket and put it on the counter. She slowly stood up from her seat and walked away dizzy.

Jessica just stared on the wasted girl. She remembered herself on her as she saw the midget bumping strangers and being pushed aside. She was once like this. Every night she would go here and spend the hours drinking and gulping any liquor she ordered. Although she was not 18 yet, she made ways in order to enter in the bar and waste herself.

 This was the result of her childhood heartache. She decided to come back in America as she felt meaningless without a Yoona in her life in Korea. Her beloved Yoona, whom she loved dearly, was murdered when she was 12. She was a jolly and happy child whose only hobby was to make other people happy. That’s why she couldn’t imagine why on earth an angelic person was killed without any particular reason. She loved Yoona so much that she felt half-dead when she heard about her death. She couldn’t do anything to bring her life back and that’s what she hated the most. It was the most painful part for her.

Her memories were abruptly cut when she saw Taeyeon being punched by one of the customers she bumped. The blonde girl immediately went over, not actually deciphering why she is bothering to help this midget.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon slumped on the floor as she felt a stinging pain on her left lip. She drowsily looked up to the person who hit her. She saw a toned woman walking away. She felt a sudden heat of anger building inside her and immediately stood up, clenching her fist in rage. She was about to nudge her attacker when the blonde girl before prevented her.

“Hey, hey! Stop it… Let’s get you out of here.” Jessica spoke and abruptly went out of the place while dragging the drunken Taeyeon.

In Jessica’s car, they went. She flopped the lady in the passenger’s seat then hurriedly went over the driver’s seat and locked the door. She sighed on her act.

What am I doing? She thought.

This is a total stranger she is with and yet why is she committing herself in helping this shorty? She doesn’t know either. She just felt the urge to pull this girl out of the hell she was in and bring her to a safer place. Before she started the engine, she decided to fasten the seatbelt of the drunken lady.

As she was done buckling her up, she accidentally glanced over her face and fixed her gaze on it. The girl was so angelic. Her calm and serene expression when she sleeps made Jessica’s mind go crazy. She carefully observed the girl’s face and found it very attractive up close. Her lips-her lips were luscious. If she was a ert, surely she should have kissed those pretty lips. But no, she’s not like that. After all, she’s still into her Yoona.

Jessica was brought back to reality and went back to her seat. She sighed for the nth time and started the engine.

 

***

 

Jessica was panting really hard. This girl is much heavier than what she imagined. Her bad luck couldn’t be much worst as she saw that the elevator was under construction. She had no choice but to take the stairs in order to get to her condo on the 6th floor of the building while carrying this wasted girl on her shoulders.

After a decade of climbing, Jessica reached the door of her condominium. She thanked God for giving her the patience not to push the girl off the stairs. Once she made sure the door was locked, she dropped the girl on her bed.

“Geez! You are too heavy for your size!” Jessica exclaimed as she massaged her back. She adjusted the poor girl’s position so that she can take off her shoes.

“Hey! Whatcha…mmmm..blaerchshsshhh…sure..aya..jeeeshhh” Taeyeon mumbled in her sleep which surprised Jessica a lot.

She scoffed at the dorkiness of the lady.

“You sure are interesting…” Jessica uttered while taking off the sleep-talking girl’s shoes. When the blonde finished and looked up, she saw a seemed to be cut on the edge of the midget’s left lip. She reached her hand to examine it and confirmed that it was indeed a wound that must have come from the punch of the girl in the bar.

She was astonished when a hand unexpectedly grabbed hers.

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes and saw a blonde girl in front of her. As a reflex, she pulled the girl and flipped her over the bed. She stretched the girl’s arms to the side and pressed it on the pillows.

“Who are you!” she said, trying to be calm in this bizarre scene.

“What the hell! Get off me!” the blonde under her tried to escape from her grip but Taeyeon was strong enough to pin her down again.

She scanned the place and concluded that she is in a room with this stranger.

“Where are we? Were you planning to me?!” she asked as she continued to examine and absorb everything.

Jessica scoffed at the absurdity of what she heard. Is she planning to her? That’s stupid!

“Just so you know, Miss. I was the one who helped you get out of the trouble in the bar! And hey! I am not what you think of me, fool! I brought you here in my place because you’re too wasted by yourself!” Jessica exclaimed, explaining things to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon paused for a minute and tried to remember everything. O.M.G. The bar, the liquor, the bartender, the blonde, the punch… Yes she remembered everything!

She looked back at the blonde with an apologetic eyes and facial expression. She saw how fuming the blonde was so she decided to get off her.

“I…I’m sorry.” Taeyeon said as she scratched the back of her neck. Jessica just scoffed on the girl’s apology.

“I’m sorry for bothering you, Miss. I think I should go ahead now. I’m really sorry.” Taeyeon spoke and decided to stand up from the bed. Just when she thinks she could stand, she felt dizzy and wobbly all of a sudden which resulted for her to clutch on the cupboard beside the bed.

Oh! That liquor was indeed a strong one. She thought.

Jessica saw the ruckus and immediately went over Taeyeon.

“Hey, are you okay?” she asked worriedly as she glanced on the midget who was blinking her eyes rapidly.

“Yeah…I’m alright. I think it’s the alcohol but I’ll be fine.” She tried to assure the blonde as she tried to take another step. But when she walked more steps, her head was heavy again and this time she thinks she’s falling. However, two firm arms caught her and prevented her from tumbling down the floor.

“You’re so stubborn, you know. You remind me of someone.” Jessica whispered the last words whilst assisting the shorty back to the bed.

Little did they know that destiny was about to play with them when Taeyeon suddenly tripped onto something that made her fall to the bed with Jessica on top of her.

“Aish!” the raging blonde exclaimed out of shock and frustration.

“I’m sorry. Something’s just….” She was not able to continue her words when she fixed herself into something attractive and dazzling in front of her. She knew that it was not because of her dizziness that this girl hovering above her looked beautiful. Indeed, she was a pure beauty.

“W..What?” Jessica stuttered for the first time in her life. She did not know that she was already blushing at the intense stare of the girl under her. Her eyes are showing a lot of emotions right now that it made Jessica flutter.

“What’s with you that you have such effect on me, huh?” Taeyeon suddenly blurted out. She became so brave to speak an intimate question like that to a stranger. She don’t know if what she’s doing is still rational or not. Jessica just kept mum and blushed even more. This stranger is making her flustered.

Taeyeon then reached her hand to place the blonde’s hair at the back of her right ear.

“What’s your name?” Taeyeon asked. The ice-girl thought twice if she’ll give this stranger her name or not but said it anyway.

“Jessica… Jessica Jung.” The blonde girl answered, eyes still fixed on the midget’s.

“Your beautiful name suits your pretty face. I’m Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.” The kid-leader stated, her eyes gazing even more on the blonde’s. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes now, neither one of them wanted to break the stare.

It was Jessica who cleared when she realized how close they were already.

“I…I’ll get some medicine for your cut, Taeyeon.” She said as she rushed out of the trance.

When Jessica left, Taeyeon smiled on her cockiness. She never felt so arrogant before, you know. That alcohol was a real badass. She decided to sit comfortably on the side of the bed. Her eyes have their own brain as they voluntarily searched Jessica’s place. It was warm and cosy. She never thought that a girls with icy-physique can live in a comfortable place like this.

Just then, a particular photo caught her eyes. It was placed on the board beside the bed. It was Jessica’s picture smiling genuinely donned in a white t-shirt and blue shorts.

She’s fascinating. She thought.

Does this girl know how pretty she is?

Meanwhile, Jessica brought back a first aid kit that she has. She made sure to calm her blushing face before going back to Taeyeon.

“Here…” she spoke as she pressed a sterilized cotton on Taeyeon’s lip.

“Oww!” Taeyeon softly exclaimed as a stinging pain on her lip aroused.

“Sorry…” Jessica said apologetically before going on with medicating the cut.

Taeyeon sighed at her silliness.

“Thank You for this. I am a total stranger yet you are taking care of me. Thanks, really.” She said full of sincerity which earned a very genuine smile from Jessica.

“No worries.” The blonde spoke while putting down the stained cotton on a plastic. Before she could totally turn her head back to Taeyeon, a lips suddenly crashed on hers.

She widened her eyes in surprise but did not move a bit to push Taeyeon away.

What are you doing Jessica Jung?!

Her subconscious exclaimed inside her but she remained still. And just as when she thought she will push away the girl, she closed her eyes and responded the kiss.

 

TBC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A glimpse of Taengsic's past. What do you think of it guys? Yoonyul and Yoonsic moments in the upcoming chapters. Stay tuned! :)