Chapter 10

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

Yoona’s POV

One week had passed and no attacks have been initiated since the bombing. Thankfully, Taeyeon unnie was able to recover from her injury. I was so relieved that my unnie was okay now. Thanks to Tiffany unnie and Jessica unnie (Yes, I found out that she was older than me) who were there to personally take care of my beloved cousin. Although, I find it weird that Tiffany unnie was not around often knowing that her best friend is injured. They were inseparable that I thought they were already a couple. Now, they seemed to be cold towards each other and I think there’s something wrong. I also noticed the growing closeness of Jessica unnie and Taeyeon unnie.

Well honestly, I thought Jessica unnie liked me. Don’t get me wrong but she just seemed to be exceptionally kind and sweet to me than to the students in school. Not to mention that she was called the ice-princess. Just strange, you know. Her stolen glimpses and stares were also conveying something but that was before Taeyeon unnie’s accident happened. Now, the way she looked at me was like what Taeyeon unnie would give me. Not that it’s a bad thing. It’s just strange, you know. Just so warm and sincere that I thought I have felt it before. I just don’t remember when and where.

Anyway, we were told to stay inside the CS Headquarters but the five heiresses don’t want to spend their last days in school being enclosed in the firm walls of the protection program. So, we resumed attending our classes inside the noisy classroom despite the threat in our lives. But this time, the six of us were arranged in one homeroom and guess what, Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie will guise as our new classmates to prevent another serious attack from the League. I think my last year in senior high will be more fun with this new order.

Right now, we are on our way to school with Taeyeon unnie driving and Tiffany unnie sitting on the passenger’s seat on her side. I usually sit at the back of the car because I want to give this two some space and time to talk with each other freely. But seems like they don’t have any intention to talk with each other right now and I am feeling kinda awkward with this unusual atmosphere.

“Ahm, unnies?” I tried to break this uncomfortable ambiance by initiating a conversation.

“Yes, Yoong?” Taeyeon unnie asked back so sweetly when she looked at me from the mirror that I thought she was talking to her daughter.

“I…I’m hungry…” I lied. Actually I had no intention to eat since I ate my breakfast but the thought of food immediately made my brain hungry so, yeah. I think I half-meant what I said. Besides, I need to break free from the awkwardness.

I heard a smile coming from Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie immediately pulled over to park the car.

“Okay shikshin. What do you want?” Taeyeon unnie asked as she got off her seatbelt and attempted to go out of the automobile but I cut her off.

“I’ll buy, unnie. Just stay here you two.” I said as I grabbed my wallet, ready to go out.

“That’s a big no young lady. You know it’s dangerous out there alone.” Taeyeon unnie said before I could step out of the four-wheeled machine.

“But—“

“We’ll buy honey. Let’s go Taeyeon…” Tiffany unnie said to me and walked out of the car before Taeyeon unnie and I could answer back.

Taeyeon unnie stared at me for like a minute before hearing a call from Tiffany unnie outside the vehicle.

“Coming!”

I smiled goofily as I saw of them walking towards the burger stall near where Taeyon unnie parked her car. They should mend, I thought. The two of them not in good terms is like seeing a cat not bugging a mouse. Unusual and weird. That’s what I’ll call it.

Suddenly, my phone rang and I immediately fetched it.

Yuri…

My newly found bestfriend Yuri was calling and I am very thankful that she is my chingoo. She’s such a sweet and caring person. In fact, the rest of the gang were so much kind and loving. They are so far the most amazing people I’ve met in my entire life besides my family, Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie.

“Hello…”

“Hi Yoong!” a sweet husky voice greeted me over the line. Her jolly intonation just made my day happy.

“Hi Yul! Where are you?”

“I’m on my way to school. You?”

“Same here. Let me guess, a lot of bodyguards trailing behind you again?” I asked jokingly. I knew that Yuri and the rest of the gang are being guarded by the CS men everywhere and I mean everywhere including breaks and eating time.

“I know right? They’re starting to annoy me, y’know. Sometimes they’re just so persistent and everywhere.” Yuri cutely whined over the line. This girl could be so childish sometimes that I can’t do anything but just laugh. She’s too adorable to ignore.

“Hahaha! Endure it, heiress. That’s what you got for meeting a dangerous person like me…” I said jokingly. The once hurtful truth is now being told as a joke. I am thankful that my friends don’t think the way that I think about myself. They always tell me to cheer up and don’t think that I am the reason for all of this.

“Hey!” I grinned as I heard Yuri’s response. She’s just too easy to tease.

“Oh hey Yul, can you do me a favor?” I suddenly asked in the middle of my friend’s laughter.

“What is it?”

“Can you get me here? I’m still stuck with the cold atmosphere Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie have and I want them to talk it over without me. I just can’t get out of their trance to give them privacy.” I said as I gazed outside the car only to see the two who seemed to be strangers with each other.

“They’re still not in good terms, huh?” Yuri asked, getting the whole point of my favor.

“I guess. They seem so distant nowadays and I don’t want to get involved with their problem. I believe they are the only people who can solve anything that is going on with them.” I said truthfully. It makes me sad that people around me are arguing.

“Yeah you’re right, Yoong. They’re grown-ups. They will mend as soon as they figure out what they’re missing.” Yuri said. I‘m just amaze how she is able to find the right words to say that it will always leave me smiling.

“So, where should I pick you up?”

Oh yes! I almost forgot that I was telling Yuri to pick me up because I was too absorbed with the Taeny’s situation. Sorry Yul.

So I told Yuri my location and after a couple of minutes, her car arrived and parked it right in front of Taeyeon unnie’s car. As expected, she was trailed behind by two black SUV’s containing black suited men on her guard. Coincidentally, Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie was already on their way to the car and I saw how they wrinkled at the sight of Yuri going out of her automobile. I considered it as a sign to get out of the vehicle.

“Yoong? What is Yuri doing here?” Taeyeon unni asked in confusion while handing me the big-sized burger that she and Tiffany unnie ordered. Tiffany unnie just looked at the approaching Yuri who is being surrounded with familiar CS agents.

“Let’s just say, I’ve invited her to save me…”

Yuri bowed politely as she got near. Before she could utter her words, I immediately clung onto her arms.

“Unnies… I’ll go with Yuri today. She’ll be driving me to school so yeah… let’s go Yul!” I exclaimed as I run out of words. Damn! I don’t really know how to reason now do I. My unnies were left staring at me confusedly while my best friend here just giggled at my action.

“Let me drive Yoona to school today. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of her.See you at school…” Yuri stated it so properly that I thought she was talking to a prime minister or something. Before my unnies can even retaliate, she bowed and then dragged me to her car. You’re so formal, Yuri.

“You’re really good at this, huh?” I asked as we paced towards her closed-roof convertible, leaving the Taeny behind.

“I’m a pro…” Yuri grinned that left me laughing all the way to her car. Taeyeon unnie, talk it out with Tiffany unnie.

 

***

 

“Oh is that for me?” Sooyoung asked drooling as YoonYul approached the girls who are sitting inside their new homeroom. She saw that Yoona was carrying a handful paper bag which she immediately deciphered as food.

Hyoyeon intentionally hit the drooling shikshin as she saw how her friend badly wanted the giant burger that Yoona has.

“You really are something huh, Choi Sooyoung??” Hyoyeon asked in disbelief as she scoffed at the usual craving of Sooyoung for food.

“What?! The burger looked so yummy!” Sooyoung said as she scratched the part where Hyoyeon smacked her.

Her friends just laughed at the antics of the two as there was never a day Hyoyeon and Sooyoung would argue because of the latter’s obsession of food.

“Here, Sooyoung unnie. I actually bought it for you…” Yoona said while smiling. She forgot about the burger her unnies bought her because she enjoyed talking with Yuri throughout their ride.Besides, she was not that hungry at all. Yuri just smiled at the gesture of Yoonaz.

“I told you this was for me! Oh Yoona! Where have you been all my life?” Sooyoung said dreamily as she immediately munched the king-sized food. The rest of the gang just ignored Sooyoung and continued on with their conversation.

“So where’s Taeyeon and Tiffany?” Sunny asked, noticing that the two undercover agents are not yet around. Today is the day Taeny will be introduced as their new classmates and they cannot hold their excitement—well except for one specific blonde whose mind started thinking crazy at the mention of Taeyeon’s name.

“Oh they’re on their way.” Yoona said as she grabbed a chair near Jessica.

The ice-princess smiled at the doe-eyed girl as Yoona waved a hand to greet her. Somehow, it made her heart less worried at the thought of Yoona slowly getting back to her old self again. You know, the happy and warm Yoona that made everyone love her. But she is still in the stage of figuring out her true feelings for the girl though, considering what happened between her and Taeyeon. Oh that incident. Jessica felt anxious again at the thought of what happened after Tiffany arrived at the medical wing where Taeyeon was brought.

 

“Tiffany…”

Taeyeon’s weak voice echoed inside the room as she saw Tiffany at the entrance of the room. She doesn’t know what to do but she immediately felt the urge to hold Jessica, knowing what Tiffany could do when she’s angry.

Tiffany, still in the state of shock, walked towards Taeyeon and Jessica as she tried to absorb what she saw.

Taeyeon and Jessica werekissing. Taeyeon and Jessica were kissing. HER Taeyeon and the irritating ice-princess were kissing. They’re effing kissing!

SLAP!!

The sound of a palm making an abrupt contact with someone’s cheek became so audible inside the room. The American’s palm left a red mark on the midget’s cheeks while Jessica was left agape at the sight of the poor Taeyeon who was hardly slapped by Tiffany. She wanted to stop the American but someone is telling her not to.

Tiffany, on the other hand, was fuming in anger. How could Taeyeon do this to her? How could she?

“Ppany…”

“DON’T ever call me that…” Tiffany hissed as she doesn’t want to hear Taeyeon calling her by her nickname. How could she call her in her precious nickname as if nothing happened? She’s just so angry right now and she doesn’t want to hear any explanation from this shorty—not even a word from Taeyeon will do.

Having a silent Taeyeon in front of her, she raised her hand once again ready to hit Taeyeon for the second time around. However, this attempt failed as the blonde swiftly pulled the midget into a tight hug—ready to receive Tiffany’s raging slap instead of Taeyeon.

“Si..Sica…” the midget’s eyes grew wide at the sight of the ice-princess pulling her into a hug.

“This is not Taeyeon’s fault. I initiated the kiss, Tiffany. If there’s someone who needs to be hit, that’s me.” Jessica spoke, still embracing Taeyeon that gained an irritated scoff from the mushroom.

Instead of getting all mushy and sweet, this resulted for Tiffany to infuriate in anger more as she saw the kinship between Taeyeon and Jessica. How dare this blonde hug her Taeyeon? Was she not enough of kissing her? This gave Tiffany more reason to hate this blonde and continue the slapping.

However, for the second time around (again), the fuming eye-smiling girl failed to hit the blonde due to Taeyeon’s firm arms shielding the latter from Tiffany’s hard palms.

“Tiffany, stop! Just stop!” Taeyeon exclaimed at the top of her lungs as she held Tiffany’s arms before it could hit Jessica’s body.

The mushroom was left speechless at the sudden outburst of Taeyeon. The midget never once raised a voice on her—never in their relationship Taeyeon got mad at her. But what’s this? Is she hearing it right? Just a while ago she saw the two kissing and she cannot believe her eyes. Now, did Taeyeon just yelled at her? In front of this blonde? With this, Tiffany started questioning her ability to see clearly and to hear audibly.

“Why do you even care if we kissed? I do not belong to anyone—specifically to you so I have the right to do anything I want including kissing the person I like. What’s the fuss? Just give your attention to your fiancé and mind your own business.” Taeyeon said firmly as she glared at the once fuming Tiffany who has eyes are now can be compared into that of the puppy.

“Tae…Taeyeon-ah…” the mushroom was now in the verge of crying as she didn’t see this coming. Taeyeon should have comforted her and saying soothing words to her. But it seemed like things would not go the way she expected it.

Meanwhile, the midget did not even know what has gotten into her for she knew it was the first time she yelled at her most beloved Tiffany. Never did she have gotten mad at her but what happened? Then she suddenly felt the warm body of Jessica engulfing onto her own. The blonde bravely shielded her against Tiffany’s fierce slap without hesitating. Jessica did that for her and with this Taeyeon realized that she is doing the right thing—at least for the blonde. She kept her firm face without letting Tiffany’s pleading eyes to break down her walls.

“Arasso… I should have known my place… I’m sorry…” Tiffany inhaled heavily as she blurted out the words. She will not be shook with these and she believed Taeyeon is not on her right mind to say these things. She should leave and clear her mind. Yes she should leave.

“Excuse me…” with this, Tiffany walked out of the room without turning her back as she knew that the moment she does she will loose herself.

Taeyeon and Jessica were now left at the room with Jessica now standing still beside Taeyeon. She didn’t know what to say or what to do a while ago. Seeing Tiffany that mad had garnered much disturbance on the blonde as she knew that behind the easy ending of the drama, Tiffany was very angry. The slap on Taeyeon was so strong that Jessica felt that it would make the midget’s lips to bleed.

Suddenly, warm pair of hands gripped Jessica’s and intertwined it with them. The ice-princess stared at the weak Taeyeon as the midget flashed a faint smile to her. How could she still smile at this situation? Jessica thought.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry, Jessica…” Taeyeon whispered that it was almost inaudible for the blonde to hear. She caressed the smooth and fair hands of Jessica in a way that mothers do to their valued children.

She had just committed the same mistake twice now and if Tiffany discovers the past relationship she had with this girl, a slap is an underestimation of what she will get. She will definitely be killed—physically and emotionally. But, Taeyeon believed that this was entirely her fault. She should have never showed motives to the blonde—really a wrong move. Well, who could blame her? She had developed a feeling towards her again and she can’t resist it every time the blonde is around.

Jessica was out of words. She doesn’t know what to say and she thought for a while maybe she was traumatized by Tiffany’s scary angry face. But, she knew deep inside her that words are not important during this situation. Keeping mum and silent is one of the best things to do especially you knew that you starting a conversationwill not turn back time and undo what happened. It was done, so be it.

But before Jessica had decided to let silence engulf them and let the still weak midget go back to sleep and rest, she made sure to give Taeyeon a warm and sincere peck on the cheeks.

 

Jessica sighed at the memory. What can she do? Her hormones overcame her during that time especially that she felt so grateful that Taeyeon woke up. And now, she knows that Taeny is not yet in good terms. How she wished she could do something about it.

Suddenly, their teacher entered the room and all the students hurried their ways to their respective seats before their teacher could finally get into the podium.

“Good morning class!” the teacher addressed which was politely reciprocated by the students.

“A lot of things happened during the past days and we are thankful that we have given another chance to live our lives and start a new beginning. And when I say new beginnings I am referring to your new classmates who gladly enrolled in our school to finish their senior high here—despite the happenings. It’s not too late to meet new friends, right?” The teacher enthusiastically made a speech before letting Taeyeon and Tiffany enter the classroom for their introduction.

As soon as the Taeny entered, the midget immediately met the eyes of the anxious Jessica who was seated at the back part of the classroom. She also saw the other heiresses who are staring intently at them.

“Please introduce yourself…”

“Hello. I’m Kim Taeyeon and I will be your new classmate…” Taeyeon paused and looked at the students and then to the ice-princess.

“…I’ll be a good to all of you…Let’s be friends.” Taeyeon ended and bowed with so much charisma and authority that every student in the classroom (including the girls) was left in awe. This midget in front of them is so appealing and it made other students to whisper in awe. The heiresses and the billionaire doe just smirked. They were not surprised to this kind of aura from Taeyeon—especially Yoona and Jessica.

“I told you they will like Taeyeon…” Hyoyeon whispered to the girls which earned a nod from them.

Now it’s Tiffany’s turn. She should introduce herself as appealing as Taeyeon did for she doesn’t want to be an ordinary student in the school although all of these are just undercover setup.

“Hi, I’m Tiffany Hwang. I will also be your new classmate and…” she paused for a while to look around and found the eyes of the ice-princess whom she hate the most. Although she can’t do a physical fight with this blonde because she knew it’s too childish, she will do everything to show Jessica how much she hated her.

After getting the attention of the blonde, Tiffany scooted closer Taeyeon and intentionally grabbed the midget’s hand which resulted for the latter to widen her eyes at the mushroom.

“…Taeyeon’s my girlfriend so no one should dare to get her away from me. Arasso?” Tiffany made sure that her words are audible enough so as for every one especially Jessica to understand what she said. Gaining shocked expressions from the people inside the classroom, Tiffany then flashed her killer eye-smile that immediately earned a lot of reactions from the students. After all, this is all an undercover setup.

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you guys for waiting! This is my advance Christmas gift for everyone! Your comments, subscriptions and upvotes really inspire me to do better. Happy Holidays everyone! Forever Sone :)