Chapter 3

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

 

KWING!! KWAG! KWING!

The deafening noise of the fallen pieces of metals that came from nowhere echoed the quiet corridor. Everything fell into silence and soon a small groan was heard.

The doe-eyed girl opened her eyes and gasped at the sight. A tanned woman was hovering above her whom she guessed save her from that great danger. She tried to look around and saw a meter-long pieces of metals all over the place. Her eyes widened as she realized what happened.

“Otteoke!!” Yoona panicked and tried to move the person above her.

Meanwhile, Yuri slowly moved out of her dizziness and saw that she was at the top of someone familiar. Oh yes! She remembered she just purposely used herself to shield the very person that she is staring at.

“Are you okay?” was the question that she asked after moving to the side of the girl. She looked around and saw metals around them. She felt a sudden pain on her head and put her hand to at least lessen the pain.

“Are you crazy? Why did you do that?!” Yoona exclaimed out of panic and worry for the tanned girl whose head was already bleeding.

“I am asking you if you’re alright, Miss.” Yuri said with her left eye closed and her hand on her head. The blood was freely flowing down her left cheek that it made her hard to open her left eye.

“Pabo! You’re the one bleeding, idiot!” Yoona exclaimed and got up from her half-sitting position and grabbed Yuri’s arm to get her up.

“Let’s get you to the hospital. The cut seems so deep and it might infect you if it will not be treated immediately…” Yoona frantically said in between her breaths as she tried to help Yuri. She hates seeing blood and cuts and wounds and…and…she hatedthe fact that it was because of her that the person was in pain. She could only remember the painful past that happened to her family.

“Relax. I’m fine…” Yuri spoke in between her struggle to get up.

She was able to stand up but suddenly felt a heavy weight in her head and she felt a sudden haze of everything. Fortunately, there was a wall behind her that caught her back when she was about to fall. Eventually, she dragged Yoona with her and soon their faces were inches apart.

Yuri knew it was not because of her bleeding head that the girl standing before her looked very pretty. She knew that it was indeed her natural beauty.

“God! You’re beautiful…”she barely whispered but Yoona was able to hear it. That was the last thing that Yuri said before everything went black.

“Hey! Hey! Wake up! Please wake up!” Yoona could only plead to the unconscious girl who was already lying on her lap. How she wish someone will see them here and help them.

“Yoona!” a somewhat familiar voice called out for her. She turned to the direction as to where the voice came from and saw Jessica running towards them.

Thank God you’re here. She thought.

“What happened?!...” Jessica paused to see who was the person lying on Yoona’s lap and her eyes widened at the well-known figure.

“Yuri?!” she gasped and knelt down before them to check on her friend.

“Help me to get her to the hospital…”Yoona stated that earned a nod from Jessica.

“My car is near here. We can carry her there.” Jessica suggested and the two of them did not waste any time. Soon enough, Jessica was already driving her car to the hospital with Yoona and Yuri seated at the back.

She took glances towards the two ladies through the mirror and she could see that Yoona tried to stop the bleeding on Yuri’s head by putting her blood-stained jacket on top of the latter’s cut. A stinging feeling struck her and for that she hoped that she could be on Yuri’s situation in the moment so that her princess will attend to her.

“Hurry. She’s losing too much blood.” Yoona directed that made Jessica step on the pedal harder. Shortly, they arrived at the hospital and Yuri was immediately brought to the emergency room; living Yoona and Jessica waiting outside the facility.

Yoona sat on the chair while Jessica leaned her back against the wall. Silence prevailed between the two of them as they both waited for the doctor to come out of the emergency room.

 

Jessica’s POV

I stared at the ceiling of the hospital as Yoona and I waited for the doctor to come out with a hopeful good news. I looked at Yoona and saw that she held her blood-filled jacket in her hands as she gazed at nothing. She seemed so fragile right now but she has this calm and composed expression in her face. It made me realize how great Yoona had changed since she left. Was this because of her traumatic experience on her family that she changed? Her gaze, composure, expression, attitude and thinking-all of these do not conform to the Yoona that I knew before. She is a totally different person who has the face of my beautiful angel. She’s not Yoona anymore.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Sooyoung. I forgot that we are supposed to meet after class. They must have been looking for me and Yuri.

“Sica, where are you? Is Yuri with you?” my giant friend casually asked over the line.

“I am at the hospital. Yuri is not with me but she is in the emergency room.” I heard worried gasps over the line which I presume came from Sunny and Hyoyeon.

“What?! How did… Why… Aish do not answer that. What hospital?” Sooyoung hysterically asked.

“Calm down giant. We are at the Kwon’sMedical Center” I replied. She told me they will be here and hung up. I gazed back to Yoona that looked like she never moved from her previous stance. I sighed and removed my jacket that I was wearing. I slowly walked towards her and carefully put the latter around her shoulders. She did not move a bit.

“You should go home. Go take some rest, Yoona.” I tried to speak without stuttering. That would be embarrassing. She shook her head composedly as she remained her daze on nothingness. I sighed on her stubbornness and took a seat beside her.

I guess that part of her will never change. I thought.

All of a sudden, her phone rang. It was now her turn to answer a phone call.

“Unnie…” she stated to speak to the person over the line.

Unnie???

“I’m at the hospital right now….I’m alright…It’s a long story unnie…Just come and I’ll tell you the rest of the story…..I’m at….” she paused and I can see that she was looking at me. I realized what she was asking so I told her that we are at the Kwon’s Medical Center which is the nearest from school.

“We’re at the Kwon’s Medical Center unnie. This is the nearest from school…” I heard her say. She hang up and slumped her back at the chair. I turned to see her and saw that her eyes were closed.

She always looked so angelic even from the first time I saw her.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes: Yoona closing her eyes while slouching and me staring at her lovingly. Shortly, a couple of footsteps were heard that were coming towards us.

“Sica!” I turned my head to see Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny running on the hallway towards us.

I stood up as my friends gathered around.

“What happened?” Sooyoung asked worriedly.

“I do not know.” I replied truthfully. I never asked Yoona about what really happened as I saw how traumatic it was for her.

“What do you mean you don’t know?”Hyoyeon asked in disbelief.

Sunny noticed the presence of Yoona who was sitting absently behind me.

“Who is she?” Sunny asked, pointing to my doe-eyed angel.

As if on cue, someone shouted the name of my princess. The voice was familiar and dazzling.

“Yoona!” all of us directed our gaze to the voice who called.

No way.

“Unnie…” Yoona uttered as she stood up from her seat. The woman walked towards Yoona who immediately checked on her.

I just can’t take my eyes away from the recognizable person that is currently approaching us. She did not notice my presence as she hurried her pace towards Yoona.

“Are you hurt or something? What happened??” the woman asked composedly but with a visible worry on her eyes as she moved her daze to every part of Yoona’s body. Her eyes widened as she eventually saw the blood-stained undershirt of Yoona.

“Answer me, Yoong.” She pleaded as she tried to control her emotions. Yoona on the other hand was as composed as she was before.

“Someone saved me and shielded me from the falling pieces of metal that God only knows where it came from. That someone is in the operating room right now.” Yoona blankly stated.

We could only gasp at Yoona’s confession.

The woman massage the temple of her head as she closed her eyes as if what Yoona said was the worst thing that she heard. As she opened it, our eyes accidentally met and for the second time she widened her eyes.

“You?!” she exclaimed as she pointed me.

“Hi Taeyeon.”