Chapter 7

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

“Jessica?” the voice of the giant Sooyoung filled the vast room where their teacher instructed her to go.

“Sooyoung? What are you doing here?” the ice-princess turned to see the shikshin who just came in to the room.

“I was told by Ms. Han to come here. How about you?” Sooyoung spoke. She walked around and checked the room and saw that it was only the two of them who were there.

“My teacher also did the same thing. I did not asked her what it is about because I thought it would be a simple errand she wanted me to accomplish.” The ice-princess stated, still seated on one of the chairs in the room.

“Are we the only people called?” Sooyoung asked. As if on cue, her question was answered by a familiar voice that came from behind.

“Nope. We were also called, Soo.” Sunny said as she and Hyoyeon walked towards them.

Soosica turned around and saw their two friends going in.  They greeted them happily as the two danshins sat beside Jessica.

“Our teacher told us to come here though she didn’t tell us why. We just obeyed and saw the both of you here.” Sunny explained, examining the vast room for any sign of other students but saw nothing besides them.

“Why do you think we’ve been called here? Do you think it is connected to Yuri’s accident?” Hyoyeon asked, wondering why they were the only ones called.

“Might be the case, Hyo. That’s the first the thing that I also thought of on my way here.” Sooyoung said while sliding out a piece of pie from the inside pocket of her jacket.

The three other girls just eyed her and shook their heads in unison, knowing how a heavy-eater Sooyoung was.

“What? I got tired from thinking why the hell I was directed to come here. Give me a break. ” Sooyoung retaliated before taking her first bite on her baby pie.

“Well if that’s the case, Yoona should also be here right? I mean she was the person who was with Yuri during the accident. She might know something.” Hyoyeon ignored the eating shikshin and turned her attention to the other two.

Jessica’s ears liked the name she just heard. Just thinking that Yoona will be with her in the same room resulted for her heart to beat like crazy.

“If that’s the case again, why is she not here Jessica? She is your classmate right?” Sunny asked, paying attention for Jessica’s answer.

“She was not yet around when Ms. Shin told me to come here.” Jessica simply said, trying hard to hide her growing blush at the question of her friends regarding Yoona. The three musketeers just nodded in response and kept mum as they try to figure out why the hell they are in the room instead of attending their classes.

"What if it isn’t about Yuri’s accident? What if we have done something wrong?” Sooyoung suddenly blurted out after finishing her pie.

“Not that I remember. Besides, we’re the Royalty for crying out loud and blue-bloods behave well for the sake of their kingdom and image, giant. I don’t know about you but I am pretty sure I never did something wrong.” Hyoyeon spoke proudly which earned chuckles from Sunny and Jessica as well as an irritated scoff from Sooyoung.

“You know what, let’s not think about it and just wait for further instructions.” Sunny said enthusiastically that gained a nod from the three others. They decided to wait inside the room for something that they do not know about.

Meanwhile, Tiffany just came out of Director Lee’s office. She was scanning the papers the Director gave her. It was the profiles of the students who was with Yoona yesterday-including that blonde who stared at her obnoxiously. She doesn’t like that girl. The cold aura and the sharp gazes that she threw at her were insulting. She scoffed inwardly when she saw the background of the girl.

“The eldest of the Jung International Company, huh? That’s why you look so confident and proud with all the riches you have, blonde.” She smiled bitterly. She remembered what the director instructed her to do.

“These are the profiles of the kids Agent Kim reported last night. I assign you to be Agent Kim’s personal partner with this mission. We’re dealing with a large number right now and Agent Kim will definitely need your aid for this. Keep this children away from the hands of the League and other enemies and don’t let them get a hold of the remaining Im.” The director said with much firmness.

“I never thought you will assign me in a mission with Taeyeon again, Director. The last time I wanted a mission with her, you refused because you said it was too risky. How does this situation makes any difference from Yoona’s?” Tiffany sarcastically asked. She still has this annoyance on this old man after he declined Tiffany’s plan to be with Taeyeon in America.

“Don’t be so childish, Agent Hwang. We are talking about big names here, like really BIG. These children are the heiresses to the multi-billion companies which have a hold on Korea’s major stocks in the world’s economy. If these kids will be put into trouble, the future of their company will be jeopardized and the whole Korea will go down with them. I know that you know what happened to our economy the moment the Im’s murder broke out five years ago. If the Society didn’t do something about it, Korea might have been long crippled.”

Tiffany just sighed in defeat as she remembered how huge Korean economy’s drop was when large investors pulled out after they have heard of the Im’s murder. There was even a threat of depression that may have occurred if the Classified Society didn’t make strategies to find a solution during that time’s growing problem. It was not only the darkest time for Yoona but also for the Korean economy.

“How about their parents, Sir? Do they already know about this protection program?” Tiffany asked.

“The board of directors including myself had a conference with them last night right after Agent Kim reported the incident. They gave their consent with this and granted us any means to protect their daughters. So, I would recommend you and Agent Kim to take a time to tell these kids that we exist.” The Director continued.

“We will tell them that we exist, Sir? That’s too risky for the organization’s privacy.” The girl agent exclaimed. Taeyeon didn’t want to risk the Society’s existence yet this old man easily commanded her to tell these girls about them? What’s the essence the organization’s name if they will just spread it out to them?

“The parents didn’t want us to watch their daughters’ every move without them knowing. They said it will be better if their daughters will know us in order for them not to do something that will danger them or the society. The board of directors have already decided about this and even I cannot say no.  After all, these families are the most influential people in Korea.” The director said.

“But Sir…”

“No buts, Agent Hwang. It’s an order.” Director Lee cut her off seriously.

Tiffany could only exhale again in defeat. She cannot do something about it anyway.

“By the way, how’s the youngest of the Kwon? The one who is in the hospital right now?” the director asked as he paused from scanning the papers in his desk.

“She was unconscious when we left the hospital last night. But according to the results, she was fine.” Tiffany replied.

“Very well. I have sent men to guard the girl’s room. Mrs. Kwon obliged us to do so after she heard what happened from his husband Dr. Kwon who operated her daughter. Continue to monitor the area and be aware of the enemies’ silent moves. As much as possible, I don’t want to hear reports like this.” Director Lee said.

“Yes, Sir.”

Tiffany paused to fetch her phone on the pocket.

“Tae, where are you?” she asked as the number answered her call.

“I’m at Yoona’s school. Why?”

“Wait for me there. I’m on my way.” Tiffany ended the call and rushed to her car to get to her destination.

 

***

 

“What?! Is he insane??” Taeyeon asked, obviously surprised on Tiffany’s words.

“I think he is but he said it was the parents’ condition. They didn’t want the Society to trail behind their daughters like stalkers.” Tiffany replied, crossing her arms looking so frustrated.

Classified Society was known to be a secret society (well, not a secret anymore since you already know) ever since its foundation. It silently saved lives and solved cases of wealthy family and significant individuals in Korea. Taeyeon and Tiffany grew up with the principle of always keeping the Society’s existence a top-secret so they could not understand why they have to cry this out for the sake of these kid’s safety.

Taeyeon sighed. When the director and the board says something, it is irrevocable. Even if she badly wants the society to remain as classified, when the people in authority commands, she cannot do something about it anymore.

“Alright. It’s an order. We can’t go against it.” she said as she run her hands through her hair. She looked at Tiffany and saw that the girl was staring at her. There was a moment of silence until Taeyeon decided to clear .

“Uhm… So let’s get to the kids’ whereabouts. Yoona texted that her teacher sent her to a room. I assume the girls yesterday are already there.” Taeyeon said, suddenly looking at her phone for an escape.

Tiffany just rolled her eyes on Taeyeon’s childish act and grabbed the kid’s hand which surprised the latter.

“Let’s go hand in hand.”

 

***

 

As the midget entered the room, she was welcomed by the confused faces of the people she met yesterday-except for Yoona. The five students were gathered around and she was surprised when she saw that Yoona was with them, listening attentively to their conversation.

“Unnie…” Yoona greeted.

She raised her eyebrows which indicates she acknowledged Yoona’s greeting. She also met the eyes of Jessica in which she saw a mixture of astonishment and relief, maybe? She paced towards the students who were still confused as to why they are here.

“Aren’t you Yoona’s unnies?” Hyoyeon asked in which Tiffany and Taeyeon nodded in response.

“Are you new students here by any chance?” Sunny asked, really trying to grasp the whole situation.

Jessica and Yoona chuckled in unison but suddenly stopped when their eyes met and realized that Sunny wasn’t joking at all. Jessica was the first one to look away, knowing that if the stare takes any longer she may not be able to control herself.

“What’s funny about it?” Sunny asked, a little annoyed by her friends laughter.

“Well, the funny part of your question was about us being new students. We are not students here, Ms. Lee…” Tiffany said with amusement from the shorty’s inquiry.

“How did you know my family name?” Sunny asked, confused more than ever.

“Here’s the thing…” Taeyeon slid out her CS identification card from the inside pocket of her jacket and showed it to the perplexed heiresses.

“Unnie!” Yoona exclaimed in surprise at the gesture of her cousin. Taeyeon always reminded her that the confidentiality of the Society is a must for them agents. With this, she never talked about it to anyone even Seohyun who was a very dear friend from America so she agape to see her unnie like this.

“Relax, Yoong.” Taeyeon briefly said before continuing.

“I am Agent Kim Taeyeon from Classified Society of South Korea. This is my partner, Agent Tiffany Hwang and you kids are the endangered daughters of the multi-billion companies in the country. We are here to ensure your safety and protect you from any harm.” Taeyeon spoke with such seriousness that the gang thought she was joking.

“What kind of sick joke is this huh?” Hyoyeon scoffed at the absurdity of the situation. They were called to this room just to hear the ridiculous statement of this stranger? However, Taeyeon’s gaze was pretty serious that it gave chills to the others.

“What are you talking about?” Sooyoung asked, totally into Taeyeon’s description of them as the ‘endangered daughters’.

“The accident yesterday involving your friend Kwon Yuri was not a sick joke, Miss Kim. We are talking about your lives here. That accident was not a mere slip of the metals but a foul play conducted by God knows who. With this, we have gathered about your background and found out that all of you-including Kwon Yuri-are the heiresses to the major stock holder companies in Korea. We are still investigating about this but we presume it’s connected to your names’ significance.” Taeyeon continued but confusion is the thing that still dominated the girls’ faces.

“Want a proof? Take a look at this.” Tiffany handed them the folder of their profiles. She just want this explanation to end.

The girls excluding Yoona gathered around Hyoyeon who has the folder. In there was the profiles and backgrounds of each of them. There were also pictures and photos at the back of the papers. The pictures portray them gathering in Yuri’s hospital room, them going out of the hospital premises, each of them going home and the latest was their pictures in their respective classrooms before they were commanded by their teacher to go somewhere.

“How did you have these pictures? Sunny asked while waving the photograph on her hands, bewildered with the situation they are in.

“We told you, we’re agents. The moment Yoona told me about the accident yesterday, I’ve contacted the Society and they immediately sent other agents to gather around the hospital for safety measures.” Taeyeon responded.

“So you’re stalking us? How does that makes us safe?” Hyoyeon blurted out, sudden anger engulfing her. One thing that Hyoyeon hated was the paparazzi’s and to think that in order to ensure her safety was for someone to invade her privacy, someone should have a pretty convincing explanation about the benefits of this crap.

“This was the Society’s founding principle, Miss Kim. In order to ensure our agents’ safety and the organization’s system, we agents pledged to keep all our orders as classified as possible. However, the board of directors have met your parents last night and they had one condition before they gave their consent in trailing behind you. And that is to make ourselves and the organization known to you. We had no grasp in this since your parents are still the most influential people in Korea and so, we came here.” Tiffany ended.

“I would rather have a private bodyguard than you guys. You creep me up. My parents are right, you should never stalk behind us.” Hyoyeon blurted out in which Tiffany just rolled her eyes with.

“You need to understand the seriousness of this situation, Miss Kim. If you don’t want to lose your family and friends, you have to coordinate with us. If you don’t want to be like Yoona, you have to be with us.” Taeyeon said almost pleading to the persons in front of them.

She’s just so desperate to protect these people yet they are so stubborn to let her do so. It is for them that’s why she’s doing this. Why can’t they understand? With the said words, she accidentally hit the soft spot of Yoona and she regretted she said that the moment she saw the b tears on the eyes of her cousin.

The girls turned her head towards Yoona and saw how vulnerable the younger is. Their hearts suddenly softened and just wanted to hug this deer in front of them. Jessica, who knew Yoona’s past all along, gave a pitiful look on Yoona and her heart was tearing apart when she saw that the tears the girl was holding back started to flow freely.

“Unnie’s right *sniff*… You should be with them*sniff*… If you don’t want to be an orphan like me, if you don’t want to lose your family, just obey them. They are the best option you have. Please I’m begging you. I don’t want more bloodsheds to happen just because of these enemies that our parents have.” Yoona said in between her sobs. The girls lowered their heads, a mixture of emotions grappling in their heads. Seems that these girls are not kidding at all.

“Alright I’m in.” Jessica was the first one to give in.

“It’s for our safety after all. If we have to give up our privacy for the insurance of our lives, I’m okay with it.” Jessica said, trying to convince her friends to give in as well. She turned her head to Yoona and the younger smiled at her.

Be happy for me, Yoona. Jessica thought.

“Okay let’s do it.” Sooyoung joined in which earned a smile from Jessica.

“Me too…” Sunny raised her hand which remains Hyoyeon to be the only one who needs to agree. All of them gazed at the blonde who still has this hesitation on her. Hyoyeon looked at them with her cute eyes and rolled it before giving up.

“Alright, alright! I’m in…” Cheers and claps were heard in the room as the girls decided to nudge Hyoyeon for being hard-to-get.

Taeyeon and Tiffany sighed in relief as their first mission was accomplished. The kid-leader never thought that this day would come when her precious organization in which she served her all her life will be exposed to some individuals. But if this is the only thing that she could do in order to protect these kids, she’ll do it.

However, at the back of her mind she knows something’s not right. Something is wrong but she doesn’t know what it is. She tried to decipher this feeling while watching the girls chattering happily.

What is this feeling? It’s bothersome. Taeyeon thought.

Being the person who was with Taeyeon all her life, Tiffany notice the shorty’s disturbed expression.

“What is it, Tae?” was what Tiffany asked.

Before she could answer, Taeyeon’s eyes grew wide as she realized the thing that is about to happen.

“Everybody down!!!”

 

TBC.