Chapter 1

Infinitely Yours (Abandoned)

“Class, say hello to your new classmate, Im Yoona.” The teacher finished her introduction and gestured me to introduce myself to the class.

“Good morning everyone. I’m Im Yoona and I’m your new classmate. Nice meeting you.” I composedly said and bowed.

I can hear whispers and awes from the people in front of me. I ignored it and looked back to my teacher.

“Very well Yoona, where would I let you sit...” the teacher, who is a middle-aged woman, scanned the room for a vacant seat. Suddenly, one student raised her hand. She was seated at the back row adjacent to the window.

“She can sit beside me, Ma’am” a thin smooth voice spoke from behind.

Everyone looked back from where the voice came from as if they heard a chair talking.

“What a surprise Jessica. I never thought you can be this friendly.” The teacher said with a little sarcasm in it.

“Me either” the person replied in the same manner.

What an answer.

“Okay then, Yoona you can sit beside Jessica back there.” My teacher signalled me to walk towards my new seat. I thought it was the longest walk I ever did in my entire life. All of the eyes were on me as I paced to the back of the room.

“Stop looking at her.” Jessica suddenly said to the students in a calm but cold manner and they eventually turned their heads back to the board. It was a cold statement that will definitely bring chills to anyone’s body-well except for me. I got used to cold talks and yells in America. Taeyeon unnie was as cold as ice too whenever she talks to her co-agents over the phone and sometimes when she trained me.

At last, I made it to my seat without kicking somebody. I am easily irritated when some strangers actually look at me for more than 5 seconds. I just want to punch them in the face and…

“You okay?” a warm question welcomed me as I sat on the chair. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that the question came from the Jessica who offered me a seat beside her.

I looked at her and a weird, familiar feeling struck me. Her eyes do not conform to her cold physique and expressions. There’s a longing sight and melancholy in the way she stared at me. Something’s not right.

“Yeah…I’m fine.” I replied as I turned to the other direction to avoid her eyes.

“Good to know.” She added with a little smile on her lips. She turned her head back to the teacher and her warm expression while she was talking to me went ice again.

“Thanks by the way, for offering me a sit.” I said hesitantly but then said it while my eyes were stuck to the teacher in front.

I definitely saw her smile a bit when she looked at me and then back to the teacher.

What’s with you Jessica that makes me feel I have seen you before?

 

***

 

Jessica’s POV

Lunch came but I was not hungry. All I was thinking was her. I never thought I’ll ever see her again.

That beautiful doe eyes, fair smooth skin and silky soft hair that I used to touch before. I never thought I’ll ever see the love of my life again.

What happened Yoona? You disappeared and never got back. I had waited for you every day at the garden of our school. I had always brought with me your favourite rilakkuma bear hoping that maybe if you see me with it you’ll come running towards me and hug me but you never came.

Then one day I learned your family was murdered and rumours said it included you. My world crumbled down after I heard the news. Everything seemed to be a nightmare that I cannot escape. I would not want to accept that you’re dead. Who would want, eh? I cried a lot every day. A lot.

At an early age, I was able to experience a broken heart. I tried picking up the broken pieces of me but every time I do, I bleed and got hurt. Every day I tried but every day I fail. So one day, I decided to stop. Stop caring about everything and start caring about nothing. Life was easy this way-cold, emotionless, different. I have lived this way for five years and it was fine.

It was fine until today. Everything just went warm and assuring. I got used to cold for five years and feeling this warm atmosphere after that span of time makes me want to cry. Cry because I was needing this warmth for years and yet it only came now. I also felt amused at how easy it is for you to break down the wall that I made for years. I think you still got me, Yoong. You never failed to surprise me.

I saw her walking away from the chair that I offered her.

She is so different from the Yoona that I came to know. She’s just off, silent and composed. She’s not the bouncy, noisy, carefree and hyper Yoona to whom I always see a toothy grin before. She is so different. She also seem not to remember me. But she is still as gorgeous as before, though. I think I’m falling to her again.

I snapped off my thoughts as I saw Yoona walk out the room. I immediately got up and decided to follow her.

I do not know where she is going but I will follow her. Even if she goes to the farthest mountain, I’ll still follow her. I do not want to miss anything starting from now.

She continued walking and I think she has no plan in going somewhere. I guess she is just familiarizing the school premises. After all she’s a newbie.

I went along with her amble without her knowing. She strolled, I walked behind her.

I can get use to this. I thought.

The stride was comfortable despite the fact that I was obviously stalking her. I was so happy inside seeing the back of my princess from afar.

Suddenly, she paused. I will definitely run if I am an ordinary stalker and hide somewhere, but I am not. I was her childhood friend who secretly admired her when we were kids and now that she’s with me, I’ll take risks for her-even if it means stalking.

“You have been following me since I walked out of the room that you didn’t even realized that I have been walking around this building for the ninth time already.” she said as I stood behind her back. I looked around the place and realized we have been walking on the exact same place that we strode a while ago.

“Is it a bad thing?” I asked.

She turned her head towards me and I weakened as I saw her big-doe eyes staring at me.

“What do you want?” she asked with both her hands inside the jacket’s side pockets.

“I want your attention.” I replied with eyes b with sincerity. I hope she got what I mean.

“You got my attention. Now what?” she replied coolly. I never thought she could be this smart in answering me. I remembered her being the clumsy one to respond to any arguments.

I blinked twice and I did not know what to say. Let me think.

My mouth felt numb as if it did not want to speak a word. I just stared at her and I felt stupid. Dammit.

“Next time, prepare your answers for my questions. After then, you can follow me wherever I go.” She spoke calmly yet full of confidence and walked away.

I do not have the guts to follow her more. I think I had enough dosage of humiliation for today.

“Im Yoona, you are really something.” I said as I watched her disappear from my sight.

 

***

 

Yoona’s POV

I thought I can have a nice stroll around the campus with me being alone but I was wrong. That Jessica was brave enough to stalk behind me. She should be thankful that I am not in a bad mood. However, there’s something about her that gets me curious every time she gets into my mind.

I decided to grab my phone from my pocket and started dialling a familiar number.

“Hey kid!” a voice over the phone assured me that everything is still good.

“Unnie.” A sigh-toned honorifics was what Taeyeon unnie heard over the line.

“Everything okay?” she asked worriedly. Oops, I should not have done that. She’s the cold type but she is also the caring kind of unnie whenever she notices something’s different.

“Yeah, everything’s good.” I replied.

“Hmm, not really. Tell me.” She said insistently.

“There is really nothing to tell you unnie.”

“Okay then why did you call me?” she asked like a prosecutor trying to interrogate her suspect.

“Well, I missed you.” I said truthfully. I just want Taeyeon unnie to be there wherever I go. When she’s around, I am confident that no one will hurt me or nothing’s going to happen. She’s like a hero to me.

I heard a chuckle over the line.

“Kid, that’s really sweet of you to miss me all the time that sometimes I don’t know if it’s for real or not.” Taeyeon unnie spoke.

“It’s the truth unnie. I just don’t feel comfortable without you by my side. I feel like something’s going to happen or…” before I could continue, unnie interrupted.

“Nothing’s going to happen, okay? I won’t allow it. Even if it takes my life Yoona, I won’t let others hurt you by any chance. Got it?” Taeyeon unnie sounded so cheesy but I know she was serious. With that words, a smile curved up my lips and I think it was loud enough for my unnie to hear over the line.

“Is that a smile I’m hearing?” she asked. How did she know that was a smile?

“Sometimes you creep me out unnie. How did you know that?” I asked in return.

She laughed and that sounded so ahjumma.

“If you just knew Yoona. If you just knew.” She stated calming down after that ahjumma laugh she exposed.

“Whatever.”

Suddenly, I hear the bell ring that indicates lunch is over. Great.

“I have to go unnie. Lunch is over. I should head back to the classroom.” I said uninterestedly. I want to talk to Taeyeon unnie more than listen to the teacher.

“Okay then. Listen to your teacher and no talking while she’s on lecture.” She told me like a mother saying things to her kid.

“Yeah sure” I replied unenthusiastically.

She chuckled once again and ended the call. I decided to head back to the room. I don’t want to be late in my classes.

 

***

 

The class was boring and tideous. I liked my classes more in America. It was enjoying and exciting. Not to mention the professors that are so frightful and scary. In here, my teachers are kind and overwhelmingly gentle. It ain’t no fun here.

Jessica has been coldly listening to the teacher and there was no sign of her being bored. Maybe she got used to it. She’s on her senior class after all. I know she was able to experience feeling uninterested during classes and was able to get over it. I hope I can get over it too someday. This is killing me.

The lecture ended and soon, it was the last subject for the day. Finally.

Before the last subject, there was a 15-minute break for the students. I checked my wrist watch. It says 3:00.

Other students went to the rest room and Jessica was… Wait, why am I talking about her? I had just known her this morning but why is it so comfortable saying her name?

Why Yoona?

I was having this thought about Jessica when one of the students suddenly called out for the others. She was at the window of the room and it looked like she saw something down the building. Since our room was located at the 2nd floor, the windows were the only means of seeing things below.

“Hey guys! You have to see this!” the student called that made the other students rush to the open windows.

“Kyaahh!! It’s them!! They’re here!” one of them screamed like a fangirl. Geez.

“They look so cool and y!! Look at Yuri!! She’s my favourite!” another one screamed and pointed outside. Goodness!

“Yeah Yuri is my favourite too. She’s my knight and shining Yul Oppa. Kyaahh!!” and another screamed again while fantasizing. All of them are crazy for that particular Yuri they were mentioning.

I silently scoffed as I saw how head over heels they were to the passers-by. Seriously.

As I was crossing my arms in front of my chest waiting for the short break to end, I heard one of the irritating fangirls scream once again and this was the real deal. She looked as if she saw her lost teddy bear out of nowhere and the sound of her makes me want to punch her right into her face.

“They’re here!” she yelled.

One more scream girl and I’m sure I’m gonna rip off your mouth.

I heard whispers of awes from the students inside the classroom and turned my head towards the door where the creature who caused the damage of my eardrums entered.

“It’s the Royalty! They’re here!” one of the girls spoke and collapsed. Some of the students hurriedly went over her. WTH?

A tanned, ravened hair girl who, instead of the black jacket that topped the long sleeves, donned herself with a black leather jacket; a blonde haired girl who was wearing the usual uniform, a shortie and a giant were all I saw coming in the classroom.

I heard more giggles and excitements as they walked into the room and searched the place.

“Sica are you here?” the giant asked the room.

People’s eyes are into her until Jessica, who happened to be next to me, spoke up.

“What is it?” she asked lazily as she sat right up her chair. She was sleeping a while ago.

“There you are.” A smile grew in the giant’s face upon hearing her answer and the group went over her deliberately-well except for that one tanned girl who was glued to her position right in front of the door.