Six

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Trinity sat in front of the delicious Myungsoo as they were making their agreement plan with a cup of tea. They weren’t too worried about little details but one thing they both agreed that was important was the fact they had to act like a happy, or at least, decent couple in front of other people, including their own family… excluding their one friend that they already told about the marriage plan to.  
    “The main thing I’m being paid for is to be a good housewife.”
    “And I just have to married to you without problem; I’m glad we agree,” Myungsoo crossed his arms. 
    “Can I ask a question?”
    “What?”
    “Why did you agree with your parents about this marriage?” Trinity asked. “I mean I’m doing it so I can live happily with my siblings, but you already have your wealth and everything. I would’ve thought you would at least try to refuse.”
    “I’m doing it because if I don’t, everything that you’re talking about will be taken away from me.”
    “What do you mean?”
    “My parents told me if I don’t go along with this, they would cut me off. Serenity Industries would go to the highest bidders.”
    “Oh… but didn’t you at least ask why they want this so badly? I mean they told me their reasons but I find it weird that that’s the reason they would pick me and even force you to marry. I mean twenty one years old is pretty young to ‘settle down’.”
    Myungsoo was impressed so his lips curled to a smile, “So I guess I’m not the only smart one here.”
    Trinity slightly hid the face she made at Myungsoo, “Thanks.”
    “Well of course I think there’s obviously more to this. They’re not the type to make such a random proposal without a really good cause. But with my life on the line, I don’t want to bother them about it.”
    “Makes sense; either way we’re both doing it for money so let’s just go on with life normally. We’re now roommates… that kind of take care of each other, call?” 
    “…Call,” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. 

 

    Within next two weeks, Trinity already quit her job, put the house up for sale, packed all of their stuff, and was ready to move out.
    “I’m going to miss this house,” Crystal said, sadly. 
    “But you’re going have fun at our new house,” Trinity smiled as best as she possibly could. “I saw it a picture and it looks big and pretty. You can do whatever you want at the house.”
    Crystal smiled a little brighter though Trinity knew it was forced. Just then, Matt walked down the stairs with Xiumin holding more boxes. 
    “Thank you so much for helping us,” Trinity said while she was pointing at the other boxes, directing him where to put it. “Because of you, we finished so quickly.”
    Xiumin and Trinity slowly became very good friends with each other over the couple weeks. Because of early exams, Jiyeon barely could go over to babysit the kids. Xiumin liked watching the kids as they were very obedient and cute, and also liked hanging out with Trinity. Trinity also loved having someone care for her for a change.
    -DING DONG-
    “Come in!” Trinity shouted while Crystal rushed to open the door. 
    “Sorry I’m late,” Jiyeon said while she was slightly huffing. 
    “It’s fine,” Trinity laughed. “I’m just about done though.”
    “Ah, my bad,” Jiyeon said as she laughed back but stopped in her tracks as she noticed Xiumin standing behind Trinity. “Hello.”
    Xiumin gave her a sweet smile, “Hello. My name is Xiumin. You’re Jiyeon, right?”
“Yes… oh right, you’re that officer who babysat them a couple times. Thank you so much for helping out.”
“It’s no problem at all. It’s always my pleasure to help people.”
    “That’s nice of you,” Jiyeon smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear.
    As the five of them continued to pack up the last of Trinity’s things, the moving van with ten workers came out and put their things in the truck. They kept referring Trinity as “Ms. Kim”; which Trinity slightly cringed to. 
    “Oh Ms. Kim~~” Jiyeon chirped. “Let’s get a move on!”
    “Okay, okay,” Trinity shook her head. 
    “Is the man’s last name Kim?” Crystal asked with innocent eyes. “Did you guys already get married?!”
    “Oh my gosh, no; calm down,” Trinity grabbed at her cheeks and started to pull. 
    Trinity didn’t realize that Xiumin’s face darkened ever so slightly as he was holding his tongue from saying something he’ll regret. Trinity didn’t actually tell Xiumin the reason why she was moving; though she gave subtle hints. Though being the detective he is; Xiumin already figured it out. 
    Everyone soon got to the extremely large “house”. Well can you really say it’s a house when it’s as big as a mansion? The minute they got off of the van, everyone was awestruck and couldn’t close their fallen mouths. 
    “This ‘house’ is… ridiculous,” Trinity said, breathless. “This looks so much bigger than the picture.”
    Just then more vans started it way up towards everyone and the many workers started to unload it. Myungsoo was actually moving in as well, and when Trinity saw his face, he was not amused. He had to give up his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter