Two

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “Miss Jung, what are you going to do now that your parents are gone?”

    “Miss Jung, as a legal adult, there are rumors of you wanting to take custody of your siblings. Any word on that?”

    “Matt, Crystal; do you have anything to say?”

    Trinity didn’t reply as she walked out of her house with Matt and Crystal, all wearing black; passed through the multiple of reporters with their heads down. They were headed towards their parents’ funeral. That night when Mr. and Mrs. Jung was coming back home from their church friends’ little gathering, they got struck by another car; killing them instantly. The other car however fled from the scene. Conveniently there wasn’t a street camera nearby so the police are having difficulty tracking down that murderer. 

    Trinity felt as if her heart and brain just jerked to a stop. She couldn’t feel anything and was in denial the entire time.

    Trinity got into the car with Matt and Crystal as they headed to the funeral home. Trinity could hear the sniffles from Crystal while Matt was silently letting his tears drop, holding Crystal’s hand tightly. For two kids who were only eleven and nine years old, they were surprisingly very calm in reaction… well supposedly it is “normal” if you’re in a state of shock. Trinity felt like her heart was about to tear apart two nights ago when she had to tell the kids after the police officer came to the house. 

    It was about midnight and Trinity started to get nervous. Jiyeon was passed out on the couch while the kids were upstairs, secretly playing games together. Trinity called her mom and dad at least two dozen times until she got that fateful knock on her door. 

 

    There was only one police officer who greeted her with a sad puppy dog smile. 

    “Is this the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jung? Are you their daughter?”

    “Yes… my name is Trinity. Can you tell me what’s going on?” Trinity asked, though she could already tell that something bad was going to happen… she was right. 

    “I am Detective Xiumin Kim, I’m terribly sorry to inform you that both of your parents passed away while coming home tonight,” the police officer said in a firm yet soft voice. 

    Trinity couldn’t breathe for a second, “… Excuse me?”

    “They were struck by another vehicle, which soon became a hit and run… I’m so sorry.”

    “I… I… My little sister and brother are upstairs, waiting for my parents to come home like how they do every night… what am I supposed to tell them now?” Trinity asked, almost angrily while tears were starting to form in her eyes.

    She knew getting angry at this cop wasn’t going to do anything but it felt as if she was being torn bit by bit.  

    “… Would you like me to tell them for you?” Xiumin asked, cautiously. 

    Trinity didn’t answer but made room so Xiumin can come through the door. Jiyeon, who noticed the officer walking up the stairs with Trinity, jumped from the couch and ran towards them, “What’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter