Fifteen

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Much to Myungsoo’s surprise, Xiumin didn’t arrest him. Xiumin told him that Serenity Industries already paid for his bail, paid extra to the captain to keep Myungsoo from going to jail at all, and even more so it would be confidential. That was the reason why it took Xiumin so long to figure out who was the suspect; captain kept getting into his way. The power of money, Xiumin said in a sick joking way. Myungsoo didn’t know how to feel. He felt numb and disgusted. 

Myungsoo then tried to remember the day when Trinity’s life changed. There was a huge social party; Myungsoo had so much more than he could manage and he thought he passed out. Myungsoo just remembered that he found himself on his couch the next morning. Myungsoo excused himself and ran out the door. Myungsoo made his way to his parents. 

    Trinity’s hands were shaking as she finally came in and placed the plate of fruits in front of Xiumin. 

    “Thank you,” Xiumin said in a monotone.

    “Yeah,” Trinity’s soul wasn’t even in her body anymore. 

    “Did… did you hear?” Xiumin noticing Trinity’s spaced out expression. 

    Trinity nodded then started to cry, “Are you sure it’s him?”

    Xiumin made his way to Trinity and hugged her tightly, “Yeah… I’m so sorry.”

    Trinity cried harder and cried into Xiumin’s shirt, “Why?! Why does it have to be him?!”

    Xiumin felt terrible for Trinity but was slightly hoping that this would break their relationship so he could have Trinity to himself. 

    Myungsoo and his parents were battling it out inside the penthouse office of Serenity Industries. 

    “There’s an article about you and Nana! Why the hell were you having an affair! I told you a thousand times that the media are always watching us!” Mr. Kim shouted as he slammed the magazine onto the coffee table.

    One of the cover stories on the magazine was a picture of Myungsoo and Nana making out at the VIP lounge a week before. 

    “You’re getting married, Myungsoo, don’t you get that?!”

    “Why am I, though?!” Myungoo finally raised his voice. “Why did you make us get engaged? Tell me your real reason!”

    Mr. Kim realized that Myungsoo knew the truth.

    “It’s your punishment,” Mr. Kim replied while taking a deep sigh. “To take full responsibility for your ungrateful act; you killed that poor child’s parents. She started to struggle because of you.”

    “How did you find out?” Myungsoo sighed. 

    “We have people watching you,” Mr. Kim crossed his arms. “We had our guys call in the accident as witnesses and later we had to bribe the law enforcement to not have you do any jail time and keep their mouths shut from the public.”

    Mr. Kim sat his large leather couch and continued, “We were already thinking of finding someone for you get married to anyway. We needed you to settle down and Trinity was an easy target. She was desperate for money so she could be with her remaining family. We’re not going to ruin Serenity Industries’ name because of your stupid actions. Also that little girl doesn’t deserve what you put onto her.”

    Myungsoo came home to find Trinity and the kids’ luggage blocking the front entrance. 

    “What’s this?” Myungsoo asked as Trinity threw the last bag into the pile. 

    “What does it look like?We’re moving out,” Trinity growled. 

    “Trinity…”

    “Shut it, I don’t want to hear it,” Trinity stomping back upstairs. “I can’t do this anymore”

    “Trinity, wait, listen to me for a second,” Myungsoo grabbed Trinity.

    “LET GO!” Trinity flung her hand out of his grasp. “I told you, right?! I told you a million times to stop drinking and driving! So many ing times!”

    “It was a stupid mistake; I’m so sorry.”

    “That’s not going to take back what you’ve done!” Trinity yelled. “MATT!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter