Sixteen

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            During the two weeks, Myungsoo already “broke up” with Nana and apologized everything he did, hasn’t even touched a beer can, and worked even harder at his job. Trinity knew Myungsoo was really trying to prove himself when she the TV and stumbled to a press conference he was giving the day before. He explained that he was immature and he was wrong, but also told the truth about their marriage. He then emphasized that he really loved her though and is taking full responsibility for his actions. Trinity couldn’t believe what she was watching as her eyes almost popped out their sockets.

            Xiumin walked into the room feeling happy until he saw Myungsoo. Throughout the weeks Xiumin took care of Trinity as much as he could, but it was pretty much confirmed that his feelings weren't getting through to her anymore. He always caught her, thinking off to space (which she was thinking of Myungsoo) and also caught her watching or reading nothing but Serenity Industries news.

            Just then, Mr. Kim’s phone number rang from Trinity’s phone.

            “I would just like to tell you, wonderful job. You really changed him, Trinity,” Mr. Kim said as his finishing sentence.

            “Oh… I…”

            “Anyway, your salary is now up to $1000 a week,” Mr. Kim loudly laughed. “Thank you really. Keep up the good work.”

            “Thank you… yes… good bye,” Trinity said, blankly.

            Trinity didn’t know what to feel. As much as she wanted to congratulate Myungsoo on finally getting it together and thank him for doing it for her, she couldn’t let go of the fact that Myungsoo was the one who took her parents life. After almost an hour of wondering what to do, she finally decided. She called him.

            “Trinity!” Myungsoo answered quickly.

            “Hey,” Trinity couldn’t help but smile after hearing his voice. “Can we talk?”

            ... does she want to break off our marriage agreement? Myungsoo panicked.

            “Okay…”

            Trinity soon left the house and went to the nearby park where they agreed to meet. Myungsoo came three minutes after she arrived. Trinity could tell that he was nervous or something, but it was actually because Myungsoo was trying to prevent himself from embracing her the minute he put his eyes on her.

            After their deep and long conversation, Myungsoo and Trinity felt as if a monstrous weight as been lifted from their shoulders.

            “Why did you give the press conference though?” Trinity tried to keep her remaining anger together.

            “I just wanted to show you how sorry I am by doing what you wanted me to do all along,” Myungsoo sighed. “I really am sorry, Trinity. I know that’s not going to bring your family back, but at least you’ll still have your other family.”

            “Other family?” Trinity asked with a puzzled look.

            “With your brother and sister and... me,” Myungsoo smiled.

            It was as though, everything that clouded Trinity’s heart vanished, and Trinity started to laugh, “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you just said that!”

            “Heyy… I was being serious,” Myungsoo pretended to pout and shook her arm.

            By the end of their real talk, they decided to try and really make the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter