Four

It's Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “I don’t have time for this,” Trinity sighed, holding the elegant card in her hand. 

    Trinity was at the Serenity Hotel, one of many of the country’s top hotel chains. Also the Serenity Hotel chain was only a small branch of the entire Serenity Industry; they even own things from oil rigs to amusement parks. The card she held in her hand was an invitation for dinner with the founders of Serenity Industry. Trinity felt uncomfortable with her cocktail dress that she bought for her church’s senior banquet months ago.

Even though, Trinity was having her doubts, Jiyeon enthusiastically forced her to go to the dinner; and that’s why she was here. 

    Trinity made her way to the private restaurant where she was greeted with dozens of waiters. She awkwardly sat in front of a couple, who was roughly in their early fifties. 

    “Hello, my name is Trinity Jung,” Trinity greeted. 

    “Hello, I am Kim Gongchan,” the man shook her hand with the business-man handshake. “This is my wife, Kim Haneul.”

    “Good morning,” Trinity smiled politely. 

    “Great to finally meet you,” Mrs. Kim smiled back with the same firm handshake. “Please sit.”

    Trinity sat in front of them and while fiddling with her thumbs, answered their quite personal questions. 

    “I’m sorry if this comes off as rude… but why am I here?” Trinity asked. 

    “Well, Trinity, I know this is sudden… and I don’t really know how to put it,” Mrs. Kim started then stared at her husband. 

    “To put it bluntly, we were wondering if you would be nice enough to marry our son.”

    Trinity stared at the couple with slightly hanging open, “Excuse me?”

    “I know it sounds bizarre, but our son is now twenty one years old, but as a normal man of his age, he would rather go out and ‘party’ then getting ready for his inheritance,” Mrs. Kim explained. 

    “Inheritance?” 
    “Yes, our son is an only child. That means he’s going to inherit the entire Serenity Industry,” Mr. Kim said with a firm nod. 

    “Everything?!” Trinity couldn’t contain from falling to the floor, but quickly covered it shut. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to shout. But… that’s a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter