Jiro and Rainie

One Day In Your Life-Completed

It was Friday afternoon,and the sun is still up in the horizon,Jiro squinted his eyes,not used to the bright light,having to just come out of the hospital building.The weather have started to warm up,thawing the coldness of the freezing winter.Spring is in the offing,you can smell it in the air,but somehow winter have tried to sneak in,unnoticed and unhurried leaving a trails of frozen dewdrops in his glass windows.There was a snow this morning,a surprised comeback of the wintry season.But now,it is the total opposite,the sun is up and the weather is warm,funny how the changes in one's life can be so unexpected.

He loosen his tie,and threw in his jacket in the passenger's seat.The idea of going home is unappealing,the more he thought of it,the more he dreaded coming home.There is nobody to go home to.Has it been weeks now since Rainie moved out? It seems only yesterday,because the pain still in his heart.It doesn't seem to diminish nor go away.It seems like it is going to stay for quite a while,as he took a deep breath...

Rainie,Rainie,where can she be right now?He does not know whether it is for the better,parting ways,and saying goodbyes,when both of them still love each other very much,but each one is going in different directions in their life.How can it be that the perfect pairing as everybody said,end up with unhappy ending? It has been good while it lasted.They have been happy together,for a while.He didn't know that he was capable of loving someone this much,only to be hurt in the end.

They met at work,is it fated or one of the gods has been playing and found them to play with.Rainie,the upcoming lawyer,young and aggressive and smart.She have this innocence in the outer facade but with much fierceness in the courtroom,that usually caught her enemy off guard and her standing victorious in the end.He is a doctor,and expert in his field,a neurosurgeon,and he works as consultant in the law firm when Rainie works.They have to collaborate on a high profiled case,that have been a headline on the paper for sometime.

Her youth and her freshness is unexpected,with a beautiful face and a nice figure to boot,she caught his attention.And her finding him so young for his profession and knowledgeable,with a handsome face and a nice built,she fell for him.And so the case brought them together,from sleepless research to frequent dinners afterward and before the case is over,Rainie have moved in with him in his condo.

The beginning was beautiful,Jiro have never felt this way before.Just seeing her by his side every morning with that beautiful smiling eyes is enough for him,having her in his arms when they sleep at night was always a pure bliss.Nobody have excite him more than her.Their lovemaking is beyond than he can imagine,for beyond that fierceness is an all woman inside.He could have love her forever and he will never ask for more.She is all,the only one who can fulfill his need.He shook his head and shook her image off his mind,but her face lingers on.

Jiro looked at his watch and noted the temperature in the dashboard of his car,it read 59 degrees.It sure feel warm outside,as he rolled down his car window and feel the cool afternoon breeze.He took a deep breath and yes,he have enough of the stale air of the city,he needs to get out of this place,even for a few days.he needs to find himself again and set his priorities right,and he just knows where is the right place to go.

The drive is a good two hours from the city.He passed the traffic in the downtown New York City,out from the Lincoln Tunnel to the Interstate 95 South passing the suburban towns and cities of New Jersey,passed to the farms and rivers,then to Interstate 80 West through the sloping hills of Pennsylvania towns and up to the mountains of the Poconos,until Jiro found himself to the top of the mountain in a sleepy resort town in Pennsylvania.

He bought the town home a couple of years ago and fell in love with the surroundings,the mountains,the trees and just a half mile along the road is a quiet lake with plenty of fishes and surrounded by trees.You can swim,take canoing,a boat ride or fish with nobody to bother you.He brought Rainie a while back,but after a day and a night,she got bored,so they have to go back in the city right away.He thought of coming back,but never materialize,Rainie will always find an excuse not to go back in the sleepy town.

He stopped in the gravel driveway and noticed that his neighbor is also in town.He never met them before.The light on the neighboring town home illuminated the driveway.The other town home seems empty,for it is still an early spring.It is usually summertime that the owners will come back,during vacation time with the kids,for most of the the owners own a home in the city.it is supposed to be a family vacation homes,Jiro does not even know why he bought this place in the first place,maybe in the hope that someday,he will eventually have a family of his own.But now that dream seems to be slipping away.

He took his attache case from the car.He remembered,he didn't brought any clothes with him,but he have some clothes left behind from their last trip here,that should be enough for now.he noticed the light on his neighbor and saw the silhouette of a lady with long black hair and a full rounded face.She closed the light as the image went off with it.

He d the keys from his pocket and opened the door.he dropped his case in the sofa,and went to the bedroom.The house is clean,he have a cleaning lady come in here twice a month to maintain the place.She might have come today,for he can still smell the citrus scent on her disinfecting solutions that she used.he took off his tie and shirt and just lay in bed.he didn't know that he was that dog tired until he hit the soft cushion of his bed,and with that he passed out,forgetting everything behind,including Rainie...