008

Someday.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Winter is painful, at least for myself.

It's not like I really hate winterㅡit's just the memories of winter that made me hate it. That's when my dad left me several years ago because of his illness. He was sick. My thirty years old father was suffering from lung cancer, and even my mom didn't know about it. He was suffering yet he never told us. Although my mom has been married for countless time, I knew that deep down she still blame herself for my father's death. She blame herself for not knowing anything, and so do I. Sometimes, a secret wasn't supposed to be untold forever, right?


It was a day before winter's break when we walked down by the city, leaving our traces on the road which was covered by snow. 

"It's the first snow." Baekhyun exhaled behind his scarf. A light smoke escaped from his mouth. 
I rolled my eyes. "And, what are you trying to do, Baek?"
Baekhyun opened his arms widely as he lifted his head, closing his eyes. "ITS THE FIRST SNOWWW!" He shouted.
"Are you crazy?!" I covered his mouth before getting more attention from people.
"You know I am." He grinned. "Legend said if you're shouting under the first snow, you'll meet your soulmate."
"Liar." I muttered.
"Tsk. You're no fun."
"You know I am."
"Don't imitate me." Baekhyun pulled his hand out of his pocket as he grabbed my hand, holding mine inside his pocket.
"What are you doing?" I protested.
"Wah, your hand is much colder than mine." He chuckled. "You should've wear gloves, idiot."
"I don't have one." I hide my face behind my scarf, hoping that he wouldn't see me blushing.
"Hey, let's make a wish, shall we?" He said, out of the blue. His hand was still holding mine.
"What for?"
"Haven't you heard about the Snow Girl tale?"
I furrowed my eyebrows. "The one who ate poisoned apple?"
"It's Snow White, idiot. Here, let me tell you."
"So, once upon a time." Baekhyun started his story. "There lived a very beautiful young girl. She had dark brown hair, pale skin, and pomegranate red lips. Are you listening?"
"Go on." 
"She's very beautiful, but she actually had a hidden secret. She could freeze things into ice. It's amazing, right? Unfortunately, she didn't think so. She didn't want anyone to know about her power because she was afraid that her power could hurt people. Because of that, the snow girl lived by herself in the woods, far away from kingdom. She didn't have any friends, nor she had never fallen in love."
"One day, there was a prince who came to the woods. The prince is a gentle, handsome guy. I think he looked like me." I let out a light chuckle at his last word. "He was hunting at the woods, and that's when he saw the snow girl. The snow girl was so beautiful that he couldn't take his eyes away from her. The snow girl noticed that there was someone who was staring at her, and she freaked out. She told him to stay away."
"Why?" I questioned.
"Because the snow girl didn't want to hurt the prince." He replied.
"How about the prince? Was he scared?"
Baekhyun shook his head. "Not at all. He came closer instead, and said, 'how can a beautiful girl like you hurt me?' Then, the prince came to the woods everyday just to see the snow girl. Each day, they became closer and they fell in love with each other."
"But, something happened. The prince was sick. Even the best doctors in the kingdom couldn't help him. No one knew what happened to him. His condition got worse and he was dying."
"Will he be alright?" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter