002

Someday.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Seoul, 2007

 

 


High school has never been anything special for me. Same people, same routinity, nothing much. If one word can describe how's my life, I'd say it's just plain, until that day. It was summer on our first year at High School when I met him.

 

"Isn't he cute?"
I looked at my bestfriend, Hyo Jun. "Who?"
"Baekhyun." She responded.
"Baekhyun who?"
"Byun Baek Hyun."
I rolled my eyes, getting annoyed. She said it as if everyone knows about that famous Byun Baek Hyun or whoever he is, and I'm still totally clueless. 
"Byun Baek Hyun who?"
It seemed that Hyo Jun started to get annoyed by me too. "How come you didn't know him? Yoo Jin Hye, you're really unbelievable."
"How come everyone knows him?" I asked back. I wonder if that so famous Byun Baek Hyun is really that important to remember. Well, call me rude but I don't think that it's really necessary to remember a stranger.
"He's perfect." A smile formed on her face. "He's one of the top students at school, has a nice personality, and have you ever heard him singing? God, his voice is heaven."
So he's just another popular boy, I thought. "And...?"
"I like him." 
"Okay."
"And I'm going to confess to him."
I almost chocked up my drink because of the last sentence. "What the hellㅡ"
"I'm serious, Jin Hye." She continued. "I like him. No, it's not the same with the other guys I've dated abefore. I mean, this time, I really like him. I don't want anyone else other than him."

At the moment, I knew that she really meant it. Hyo Jun has been my best friend since forever, and that's enough for me to know everything about her. She's not the type who usually confess to a guy firstㅡin other word, she would rather being chased than chasing. This time, she made one of the biggest move in her life on our first year at high school. 


I wonder how perfect is Byun Baek Hyun.


"Oh my God, he's here." Hyo Jun whispered. Her face is as red as tomato now. Geez, since when she became this overreacted?
"Which one?" I mouthed, trying to look all over the guys at the cafeteria.
"It's him. Oh God, my heart's going to explode, he's so charming. Wait, I think I'm going to faint..."
"Don't overact and tell me or I'm going to shout his name out loud here." I'm not serious though.
"Okay, okay. It's him. The one who's wearing grey shirt. He's drinking now."
I looked at him properly. He is indeed attractive and looks smart like what Hyo Jun said, but that's all. I don't see anything else in him. 
"So...?" Hyo Jun looked at me, full of expectations.
"So? He's fine." I said plainly.
"That's it? Only 'fine'?" 
"I don't know. Considering how popular he is, I think he might be some kind of player or..."
"I told you he has a nice personality. Of course everybody loves him." 
"But..."
"Jin Hye." She called me. "You'll support me, won't you?"
It took a while before I finally said, "Okay."

 

Hyo Jun and I are much like two different types of people. Hyo Jun is one of the most popular girls at school, easygoing, and she has dated different guys several times. Meanwhile, I'm just one of this typical not-so-popular girls who's socially awkward and never dated anyone for sixteen years of her life. I'm one of those people who had a broken family, who grew up without love from both of my parents. That's why I've never been in love all these years, because I don't put my trust on someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter