011

Someday.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seeing my mom in a wedding dress was the second thing I hate the most in this world. The first thing, of course, seeing my mom kissed another man that soon-will-be-my-stepfather.

And when the preacher said "If someone is feeling objected by this wedding, speak now or forever hold your peace" I just wanted to stand up and speak out, but thank god Baekhyun was there. He squeezed my hand gently, giving me all the support he could.


Ten minutes before the wedding starts, I was crying behind the church. I felt so bad to my father for letting my mom marrying another man again, and it made me feel worse that I can't do anything about it. So I sat on the grass, letting my new dress got stained and my make up ruined. I was crying so hard until Baekhyun came. He looked masculin and more mature with his black suit.


"Hey." He called. "Stand up, girl. You'll ruin your appearance."
I shook my head, still crying. "I don't care." 
"I know you do." He pulled his hand out, waiting for mine. "Come on, Jin Hye. Are you going to embarrass your mom on her big day?"
"I can't do this, Baek." I sighed. "I had enough seeing my mom's marriage, and I can't stand seeing her kissing another man again."
Baekhyun didn't say anything, yet he sat on the grass as well.
"Do you remember the day when you came to my apartment?"
I nodded. I clearly remember that day, when I passed out at the playground and Baekhyun carried me to his apartment.
"That night, I actually watched you sleeping." He muttered. "Yeah, I know I sounded like a psycho or something but.. I was really worried about you, and.. You talked in your sleep"
"I.. I did?" I can't help but feel embarrassed. He watched me in my sleep. I just wish that I didn't say something like I love him or else.
"Yeah. Actually, you cried in your sleep, to be exact." He replied. "Do you remember what you said?"
"What did I say?"
"You kept saying you're sorry to your mom. You said you didn't mean to say harsh things to her."
"I did?" I questioned like an idiot. Remembering that my mom and I had a fight before that, it might be true.
He just smiled. "You know what? I didn't think you hate your mom."
"I can never hate her, Baek." I muttered. "I just hate the fact that she forgot my dad easily. Like everything we've been through didn't mean anything to her. Like my dad didn't mean anything to her."
"How do you know it?" Baekhyun responded. "How do you know she forgot your dad?"
"I.. I don't know. She got married three times already and I thinkㅡ"
"You don't know it. You just assume it." He cut me. "Your mom might look selfish for marrying another man, but have you ever think about her feeling? Have you ever think how difficult was it to raise her young daughter by herself, and how it felt to be left by her husband?"

I didn't say anything because what he said was all true. I have never thought about her feeling. I only thought about my father and me. I keep ignoring all the guys she married before without thinking about her happiness. Tears were running down my face again before I could stop it, and Baekhyun wiped it quickly

"I'm.. I'm sorry. I didn't meanㅡ"
"No. You're right." I smiled. "I'm just selfish, that's all. I always argue with her and say harsh things without realizing that I might hurt my mom's feeling. I'm a bad daughter, right?"
"It's okay, Jin Hye-ah." He calmed me down. "All of us are selfish. We're growing up and we need parents' love. That's why you were being selfish."
I cried harder at his words and didn't say anything.
"My mom has a mental sickness." He said out of the blue.
I stopped crying, too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter