Finale

Someday.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2017; eight years since high school

 

"Congratulations on your marriage."

 

Jinhye nods at her bestfriend's word. Hyojun stood next to her, fixing her dress.

"Thank you, and for this too." Jinhye replies as she looks at her dress once more. "I can't choose a better designer for this. I knew that you're talented." 

Hyojun is the one who designed her wedding dress; it was a simple, long white dress. The top is sparkling, but not too much. Instead of buns, Jinhye prefers using a white flower crown on her head, and she lets her long-curly hair falls naturally. She looks beautiful.

"You're a lucky bride, Jinhye. Your husband is a good person." Hyojun's eyes get teary all of sudden. "So many things have happened, right? I can't believe you're getting married.. We are no longer teenagers."

"Soon-will-be my husband." Jinhye corrects her, and she smiles. "I know. I'm glad that you're still my best friend, although after all.... all these years."

"Don't cry. It'll ruin your make up."

"I'm sorry, Hyojun-ah." Jinhye tries hard to hold it. "Back then, you were struggling because of me. That accident--"

"Ssh. Don't talk about it. At least we made up, right?" Hyojun whispers as she hugged her. "I was the one who should be sorry about everything. You've been through a lot of things."

"I know." Jinhye smiles bitterly. "It's been years, but it feels like yesterday. I still remember everything clearly."

"Uhm, I don't want to ruin your day, but..." Hyojun hesitates, but she continues. "Did you tell him?"

Jinhye was silend for a brief second, but she finally shook her head. "Not yet."

"Make sure you do. He deserves to know it."

"I will, when I'm ready."

Their conversation stops when Hyojun's eyes caught another person in the room. "Someone's coming, I gotta go, I guess? Be happy, Jinhye. It's your day."

 

Jinhye quickly wipes her tears when she realizes someone is already standing behind her. "Chanyeol?"

"You're so beautiful." The tall guy smiles at her. 

"You look handsome too with that tuxedo." She replies. "Did your girlfriend come here too?"

"Yeah. I asked her to. She wouldn't want to miss a handsome best-man like me."

A soft chuckle escapes from . "Ah, I almost forget. Thank you for being the groom's best man, Park Chanyeol."

"I wish I could be the groom too."

"What?"

"Nothing, anyway.. The ceremony is starting in a bit, right?" Chanyeol asks. "You should go, Jinhye. I should prepare myself too."

"Chanyeol?"

"Yes, Ms. Bride?"

"Thank you." She mutters. For everything.

"You should be happy, Jinhye. If not, I might want to steal you away again."

"I got it."

"I'm serious."

"Okay, Yeol. Just go." Jinhye laughes, then she watches Chanyeol left.

 

Before she goes too, she looks at her reflection unbelievably in the mirror once again. It takes a lot to finally accept the fact that she's getting married today.

 

Is it really her? Is that beautiful woman with a wedding dress in the mirror really her?

It still feels like a dream.

When she was in high school, Jinhye wonders a lot.

Who would she marry with in the future? Or will she ever get married for real? What would her wedding day be like? What would she wear?


Today, she know the answers, and her heart beats so fast against her chest because of the mixed feelings. Excited, but also scared. Scared of the future. Scared that she might will regret this. But sometimes, life is about going through it, no matter what happens.

So, she decided to forget about her past, her heartbreak, and everything.

She just needs to take one step ahead and start a new life, with her husband.

She takes a deep breath, walk outside, and when the audiences are standing and giving applause for the bride, she feels alive. She can't help but feeling nervous as hell--she just wishes she wouldn't trip or something, but as soon as she sees her fiancee is waiting at the altar, she feels at ease. A curve naturally formed on her lips. Kim Jongdae, her fiancee, who would be her husband soon, smiles back at her. His eyes are sparkling. Those look like saying "You are so beautiful. I'm so happy. We'll be happy."

 

Jinhye takes his fiancee's hand. They look at each other's eyes, and she lets everything flows. She trusts Jongdae, and she can't ask for a better husband.

 

"I, Kim Jongdae, take you, Yoo Jinhye for my wedded wife, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter