005

Someday.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2007

 

 

Sometimes, the most unexpected thing happened in the most unexpected situation.


It was autumn on my first year in High School, and it's been three months since I met Byun Baek Hyun. We were still friends. We still talked to each other, laughed at each other, and he kept teasing me as always. Everything was the same, except the fact that Hyo Jun and Baekhyun's relationship has grown better than I thought. Hyo Jun would mostly stick with Baekhyun at school, and even most of our friends had mistaken them as a couple.


One question that kept running in my head was, when will Baekhyun ask Hyo Jun to date her?

 


"I think he doesn't like me." Hyo Jun frowned.
"Of course he does. I mean, why wouldn't he? Both of you are closer than before."
"Maybe he likes someone else?"
I shrugged as I told her, "Maybe he needs the right time to say it. All we have to do is just wait."

 


 

 


"I can't wait."
"For what?"
"To graduate."

A laugh escaped from Baekhyun's mouth. It was one afternoon after we finished our club. Both of us were sitting at the school's rooftop while eating ice cream. Well, call us insane for eating ice cream in such a cold weather, but that's the only similarity between Baekhyun and I. We can eat anything at anytime. We don't mind eating a hot ramen on summer, or eating ice cream on winter. We're friends, after all.


"Why laugh?" I asked, feeling offended. "I told you the truth."
"It's just funny." He said. "It's only our first semester of high school, and you already want to graduate?"
"Well, high school ."
"If what you're talking about is the teachers or assignments, I'll say yes."
"No, I mean, not the high school itself." I said. "Life. I'm talking about life and everything."
"You mean, your love-life?" He teased.
"You tell me." I said jokingly. "No, seriously, life . Being a teenager and all it has. It just.. , you know? We found fake people, school dramas, where ugly and stupid people were bullied, where beautiful and famous people have everything. It's when you feel you're not good enough for your parents, and not good enough for everyone. It ."
"Jin Hye." He called me. "Are you alright?"
"I don't know."
"Mind to tell me?"
"Well..." I sighed. "My mom. She's getting married again."
"What do you mean again?"
"It's her fourth time already." 
"Wow."
"What kind of response if that?"
"You should be happy that your mom moved on quickly."
"I don't even think she loves that guy. She's just... She did everything she wanted. Eversince she got divorced with my dad, our life was a big mess. She always put the blame on me. We fought, we argued everyday. She stressed up, and that's how she got rid of it. By getting married all over again. I don't even think that she loves me, you know?"
"Do you?"
"She's my mom, Baek. For God's sake"
"You're also her daughter." He said. "Of course, you're an embarassing daughter, you're a stalker, you're not pretty, you can't even sing properly, youㅡ"
"What the hell, Baek!" I laughed at his scoffing words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter