Chapter 9

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
OLD SUBSCRIBERS, IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THIS STORY I SUGGEST YOU REREAD IT. I CHANGED THE STORY A LITTLE. ESPECIALLY ON JONGIN'S POINT OF VIEW. ^^

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

It was Friday and Jongin was supposed to enjoy his weekend but can't help but feel uneasy about what happened. He retracted the events that happened that day. He punched a senior guy, dragged Kyungsoo, and he was hair away to confront him about the marriage thing.

 

How can he relax when tomorrow is the day that he'll meet Kyungsoo with his grandpa. He was stressed for thinking too much. He doesn't understand why he let it all happen when he can stop it.

 

He was walking with his friends, Chanyeol and Sehun, to the parking lot in which their cars were parked when his phone suddenly rang. He looked at the caller I.D and saw that it was his cousin. He raised his eyebrow in confusion. He hasn't heard from his cousin after the night they had dinner.

 

He should be mad or upset with Jinho but doesn't have the heart to. Besides, it was not his cousin's fault for rejecting the marriage. It was their grandfather's. It was not a consensual marriage. Well that's why it's called arranged right? But... ugh! He hated it. Then why can't he just stop it?

 

"Hyung?" He pressed the green button and answered the call.

 

"Hey Jongin. I'm at your school right now."

 

His cousin's voice was kind of happy. He wondered why. Last time he checked he just broke up with his girlfriend. What happened? And why was he in their school?

 

"What are you doing here? Do you need something from me?"

 

"Not from you. I'm here to meet someone." Jongin heard a chuckle on the other line. Okay. That was weird.

 

"What? Are you seeing someone now?"

 

"Not really. But hey, I'm at the gate. Come see me."

 

"Whatever. Okay. I'll be there."

 

Jongin hung up and pocketed his phone. "Hey guys, my cousin is here. I'm going to see him. You can go first. I'll call you later." He faced his friends-- who doesn't give a about him-- and sprinted out.

 

On his way, his phone rang again. He groaned. Who is it now? He fished his phone and sighed. His grandfather. "What do you want?" He muttered to himself, groaning.

 

He swiped his phone and answered the call. "Yes grandpa?" He controlled his voice not to let his annoyance out.

 

"Jongin." His grandpa started in a calm voice. "Remember I told you that you're going to meet Miss Kang's cousin tomorrow?"

 

Jongin nodded. Then he realized that his grandpa cannot see him, so he answered "Yes. Why?" How could he forget? That was the only thing running in his mind.

 

"The schedule changed. Miss Kang has an important meeting in China so she will leave on Saturday. So we moved the meeting tonight. Don't forget it. After school, go home directly. I'll text you the name of the restaurant. We're going to have dinner. The sooner you meet each other the better." Then Mr. Kim hung up. Not waiting for Jongin to speak. Jongin's mouth went agapé. This was all ed up. He will be seeing Kyungsoo tonight.

 

Its not that he was shy because he was totally not. But he doesn't understand why he was nervous meeting Kyungsoo. Maybe because he is older than him? Nah. That's not the case. Oh, because he confronted him earlier and he said that he'll be seeing him tomorrow? Ha Ha.

 

Then Jongin stopped on his track in a sudden realization. Yes. He did ask Kyungsoo to see him tomorrow. But the way he said it seemed like he was asking the senior for a date. He was not! Jongin groaned. "Why did I say that?" He asked no one in particular. "Stupid." He chided himself.

 

He saw Jinho outside the gate calling someone. And he was smiling. Weird.  Jongin thought. He remembered not long ago his cousin was moping around when his girlfriend broke up with him. It's not even a month! What's up with this guy? Maybe he really is seeing someone. Well, that's fast.

 

He strutted at his cousin's direction and as Jin saw him, he waved almost eagerly.

 

"Hey." Jinho was leaning on his sleek black car, phone in his hand.

 

"Hyung. I haven't seen you since that night. And yeah. You owe me big time." Jongin punched his cousin playfully on the arm but grinned after.

 

"Sorry. Blame grandpa. So, how did it go? Did you meet her already?" Jin inquired, kept looking on his phone. Waiting for someone that he knew. Why did his cousin go for a high school student when he can have college girls? College girls are hot and high school girls are...meh. They're not even good in bed.

 

Jongin scoffed. "I've met him. He's a guy, hyung. Not a girl." His face was incredulous as if he couldn't believe what he just said.

 

"Oh." Was Jinho's answer. He can tell that his cousin was shocked at the information, too. He was surprised that's the only word that came out. He was expecting something more than just an 'oh'.

 

"Yeah. 'Oh'... But I don't know if he knew about this marriage. I think he doesn't know that I am his fianceé." Jongin said flatly. He joined his cousin leaning on the car. He can't help but notice his cousin keeps on glancing at his phone every second.

 

"When did you two meet? And how can you say that he didn't know about it when you already met?" Jinho asked, confused. Eyebrows raised.

 

Jongin shrugged. "He goes to this school too. I kind of... how can I say it. Something happened a while ago at lunch and he was kind of involved? And well... I dragged him out from the mess and brought him on the rooftop and was about to ask him about this marriage thing but he looked clueless so I decided not to tell him. It's not a formal meeting. I just...you know, want confront him beforehand but..." Jongin trailed off and he was not aware how Jinho looked at him.

 

Jin burst out laughing. Amused at the story of his cousin. "What the... You dragged him out? Dude, you might scare the out of him." He crouched down, holding his stomach and laughed mirthfully. "How does he look?" Jin asked in mere curiosity.

 

He thought about how he could describe Kyungsoo. The first thing that popped in his mind was the heart shaped smile. The way Kyungsoo laughed when the senior wasn't aware he was being watched. Now it sounded like he was a crazy stalker. It just happened that when he looked at their table, Kyungsoo was smiling cheekily. How his eyes form in crescent shape and his cheeks blushed for something that one of his friends had said. Kyungsoo was cute. He was beau--

 

"He's...okay. I guess." Jongin blushed at his own thoughts. He looked away from his cousin to hide blush. Damn!

 

Jongin shrugged it off as if it was nothing. He told Jin about the meeting that will happen that night. That his grandpa called him earlier and changed the schedule which supposed to be the next day. Jinho shook his head while smiling at his cousin's misfortune. But say things like "It's gonna be okay." or something like "Maybe he's not that bad."

 

"Uh-huh." He was skeptical if all of this would be okay.

 

*

 

"What?" Luhan faced Kyungsoo. He was puzzled on why his best friend stopped on his tracks. 

"Jongin." Kyungsoo repeated and kept his eyes at the two talking beside the expensive car. He squeezed his eyes cause maybe his eyes were just playing tricks on him. But when he opened it again, they were still there. Jongin was with Jinho, talking as if they knew each other.

 

Luhan and Baekhyun followed Kyugsoo's gaze and saw Jongin talking to a handsome guy. "Oh. He's cute. Who's that guy?" Baekhyun's eyebrows wiggled and his mouth showed most of his teeth from smiling widely and ignored the fact that Jongin was there.

 

"Is he Jongin's friend? Maybe I should be nice to Jongin one of these days to get to know that guy." Luhan mirrored Baekhyun's face. Eyes twinkling as if they saw a meat that they can ravish. But hey, all Jongin's friends are handsome. Luhan noted.

 

Kyungsoo sighed at his two friends who were tranced by Jin.

 

The guy that they were looking at saw the three of them and waved.

 

Jongin raised his eyebrow and looked at the direction where his cousin's waving to. He saw Kyungsoo and his friends who were stunned.

 

Kyungsoo locked his eyes with Jongin while clutching the strap of his backpack. He was feeling uneasy and agitated. He left rooted on his place and can't move.

 

Luhan and Baekhyun squealed at the same time when the cute guy waved at them. "Oh my God!Oh my God!Oh my God! He is waving at me right?" Baekhyun shook Luhan who was beside him, eyes still fixed at the guy.

 

"No . He was waving at me." Luhan countered and his eyes smiled brightly at the same guy that swooned them.

 

Kyungsoo sighed at his two friends. He doesn't have time for that. He was feeling anxious about this. What will he do? Why does Jongin talk to Jin? Do they e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter