Chapter 1

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Do Kyungsoo was a regular boy who lived a normal life. He got friends and has both parents. His parents weren't rich nor poor. He can buy what he needs but not what he wants. However, he was not deprived.

 

Kyungsoo was not a kind of boy who asked anything unnecessary. He was content with what they have. Sometimes, it was his parents who offered him if there was anything he needed but Kyungsoo only shook his head and said 'no'.

 

He has an older brother who loved him so much. He was always there for him, supporting every decision he made. If he made a mistake, his brother will smile and whisper 'you'll do great next time' or 'everyone make a mistake'. He missed his brother so much. His brother decided to study abroad, he was sad but he didn't make a fuss or wail because of that decision. He supported him just like what his hyung did for him. He was alone, that's for sure, but he was not lonely since he got his two crazy best friends who lighten up his day.

 

He was a senior in Seoul Foreign Language High School, together with his friends Baekhyun and Luhan. They were best friends ever since they were little. They have known each other since birth. Literally. Their parents knew each other and actually good friends. Just like default, they also became best of friends.

 

Whenever their parents see each other and just talk, they will bring them and let them play. That's where their bond started. They went to the same school from kindergarten to high school. The trio were inseparable. 

 

Kyungsoo's life changed when his father informed them one Friday night while they were having dinner about the news in his work. He will be sent to a different town because the company that he was working for will open a new branch and his father will be promoted as the manager. 

 

His father decided to relocate to a new house away from Seoul on Monday. Kyungsoo won't have that, since it was his last year and he wanted to graduate together with his best friends, he opened up to his parents and spoke up his thoughts.

 

"Mom, I want to graduate with Baek and Luhan. We promised each other that. Can you just let me stay here until then? I'll be good. I can take care of myself. Besides, I will go to college soon and eventually, I'll move out and live on my own when I'm in college. Can I do it early?" His looks were pleading. The food was long forgotten. He lost his appetite by the news.

 

His dad sighed deeply. "You're still in highschool Kyungsoo."

 

"A senior dad."

 

"Still in highschool." His dad reiterated.

 

"Honey..." His mom cut off and held his father's resting hand on the table. "We'll talk about this later. The food is getting cold."

 

At that, even though the delicious food that was prepared by his mom tasted bland for Kyungsoo's liking. It was hard to swallow cause he felt his throat was closed and blocking the passage. But he didn't want his mom's food gone to waste so instead of not eating it, he swallowed the food with water and it was easily drowned in his stomach.

 

The dinner was awfully quiet and deafening but no one dared to speak. The utensils were the only one making the noise and that continued until they were finished.

 

Kyungsoo was told to go to his room by his mom and he immediately complied and dashed out. He went upstairs to his haven; his bedroom.

 

He threw himself on his bed, face buried on his pillows and emitted a soft sob. He was feeling down thinking that he'll not graduate highschool with his best friends. The two will be disappointed and so himself. 

 

His father was working in a big car company in Seoul and being offered a new higher position was a blessing for them and Kyungsoo knew he can't deny that to his father. He knew his dad deserved it. But was it wrong to be selfish sometimes? He didn't ask anything. All he wanted was to graduate with his friends.

 

Downstairs, Mrs. Do was coaxing his husband about Kyungsoo's state.

 

"Honey, can you please listen to me first before deciding Kyungsoo's future?"

 

Mr. Do nodded and listened to what his wife was about to say. They were still in the kitchen after Mrs. Do washed the dirty dishes and cleaned the table.

 

"You know how our Kyungsoo's attached to his best friends, and he didn't ask us anything. We can't just tell him to transfer school in this short notice."

 

"What are you trying to say? Not accept the promotion?"

 

"It's not that. Why don't we consider Kyung's suggestion? He can stay here and we'll find him an apartment. He has a point. He'll move out when he goes to college and he's old enough. He's smart and a good kid. We both know that he won't do anything to disappoint us. Don't you trust our son?"

 

"Of course I do. But what I don't trust is this cruel world. We don't know what tricks it will do to our son. What if he'll suffer?"

 

"You're thinking too much. Kyungsoo is wise and he knows what to do in any situation. We can visit him whenever we are not busy."

 

"Still. I don't want him to live alone."

 

"Then what are you planning? Dropped him in school and dragged him away from his friends?"

 

Mr. Do thought about it. His wife made a point. He can't do that to Kyungsoo. His youngest son didn't do anything but be a good kid. He answered his wife by shaking his head before lowering it. He was in a big predicament. Torn between his son's happiness and his work.

 

"I don't know what to do yeobo. I just don't want him to live alone." Mr. Do admitted and buried his face at the crook of his wife's neck.

 

"I have a suggestion." Mrs. Do spoke as he caressed his husband's mane. The man hummed in response to tell that he was listening.

 

"How 'bout we let him live in one of our re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter