Chapter 5

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep and smiled at the comfortable feeling of his new bed. The duvet was so warm that he didn't want to get up. He opened his eyes slowly and saw that it's still dark, so he assumed that it's still early in the morning and closed his eyes again to go back to his dreamland.

 

He woke up at the sound of his phone ringing. He searched his phone with his hands while his eyes still closed.

 

"Hello?" He answered without knowing who it was. His voice was still groggy because of sleep. He bestirred to a sitting position and wiped his sleep away with the back of his hand.

 

"I knew it. You are still sleeping. I texted you about two hours ago and still you're not responding so I guess that you're still not up and I am right." Minjin said on the other line and he can tell that his cousin was smirking.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the clock on the wall. His eyes widened because it's already 11am.

 

"Sorry noona, I didn't notice the time. Are we still going?" He asked. Voice still scratched.

 

"That's why I called you. We have an unexpected meeting so I can't go right now. But I left the card on your table. You can use it. Just asked your friends to accompany you, okay?" She said simply.

 

He looked at his side table and there it was, a black card. He knew what that meant. There's no limit to it. He felt reluctant to use it. He doesn't need anything. He told his cousin about that but Minjin was insisting for him to buy things and stuff that he needed.

 

"It's okay noona, I don't really need-"

 

"Stop with that Kyungsoo. Go. Enjoy. You can treat your friends. You can't just stay there all day." Minjin said matter of factly.

 

He wondered why his noona was being like that.

 

Kyungsoo sighed in resignation. "Ok fine."

 

"Don't hesitate to buy something. Just don't buy a plane or a house." She joked and hung up.

 

Kyungsoo got off the bed and called Luhan. Luhan also stayed in that side of town, same with Baekhyun. And now that the three of them are closer to each other, they can hang out anytime. He felt giddy at the thought. He's closer with his bestfriends.

 

"Hey Lu, are you free today?" He thought of calling Luhan first. He also felt guilty of not calling him last night. After he called Baekhyun he went to shower and told himself that he would call Luhan after, but as he laid down on his bed, the thought vanished and he felt sleepy and didn't get a chance to call his other best friend.

 

"Hey? How was your moving going on?Is it nice living there in your cousin? I've waited for you to call me but you never did, so I assumed that you're busy?" It's more of a question than a statement. In between the three of them, Luhan was the one who understands them properly. He'll understand the situation they were in. If it was Baekhyun, he'll sulk for not calling him.

 

Kyungsoo felt bad for not calling Luhan of course, but he was thankful that the elder understood. So he explained to Luhan about yesterday's happening and apologized for not calling him. Luhan, as a good friend, accepted it. He asked Luhan again if he was busy. But Luhan said that he was not home because they visited his grandma and they will be back later that day.

 

Kyungsoo okay-ed with it and hung up. He called Beakhyun after his call with Luhan ended. But Baekhyun said that he will accompany his mother to go somewhere and was sorry for Kyungsoo. Of course, Kyungsoo said it was okay. He sighed on his bed. "I guess I'm on my own then." He muttered loudly to himself and sighed.

 

After taking his shower and getting dressed, he went downstairs and greeted the people living in this house. He went to the kitchen and was greeted by Kyuseon, one who was assigned as the cook.

 

"Good morning sir. What do you want to eat?" She asked him politely. Kyuseon was pretty. She has long, black hair that was tied in a bun. She was taller than Kyungsoo in some inches. Her smile was pretty and genuine.  

 

"No I'm good. I will be out today and please, don't call me sir. It makes me feel old. Kyungsoo is fine, but thanks for asking me, the food I mean. I'll be going now." He bowed and walked toward the door.

 

He has never been to this side of town, so he was not familiar. He walked until he reached the bus station and waited there. He asked the maid that was cleaning in the hallway where the bus stop was. Not long after, the bus arrived and many people were getting off the bus. He was waiting patiently and once it's clear, he went in.

 

He sat at the far back where he saw a window seat. He settled down and waited for the bus to move. He was looking at the view outside, and started familiarizing the places in cace he got lost. After twenty minutes the bus stopped and he didn't know where he was, but he went on considering that he didn’t know this place. He'll just call Baekhyun or Luhan and bug them for directions in case he loses his way.

 

He wandered around town and saw different boutiques. It's all expensive, he can tell. He was debating himself if he would spend money for his clothes. His cousin already bought him and it was enough for him. But his cousin said that clothes are important to his image. He doesn't know what to buy. If only his friends were there with him. They can help him to find nice clothes. Especially Baekhyun, he's the expert.

 

He remembered his outfit last night, he can't help but admire himself. He looked good in those clothes. He grinned at the thought.

 

He entered a clothing store and scanned the jeans that's on display. He looked at the price and gaped after. $200 just for a pair of pants? Kyungsoo put it back immediately, as if his hands were burnt.

 

He can't buy those pricey pants. He looks for something less expensive in other stores but no avail. All are expensive. He will not spend money for his clothes. He sighed. He heard his stomach growled and remembered that he didn't eat this morning.

 

He continued walking and looked for a cozy restaurant and went inside. He examined the interior inside and he saw that there were not many people eating there so he thought that he could eat here quietly. He sat on the corner of the room and a waitress approached him and gave him the menu and left after to giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter