Chapter 10

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo woke up groggily from his sleep when he heard his alarm clock annoyingly bombarded his entire room. He got irritated immediately because he barely got any sleep.

 

He was awake almost half of the night thinking of what happened.

 

The news hasn't sunk in yet, though two days have already passed, but he still can't believe it. It seemed like it was a joke rather, a prank. As if it was only just a dream. He can't believe it was really happening.

 

He got up on his bed and went straight to take a shower. When he looked at himself in the mirror, his eyes were surrounded with black circles and his hair pointed to different directions.

 

"Now I look like that emo kid in my P.E class." He sighed as he scanned himself. He touched his eyebags and cupped his cheeks that made his lips protruded in a pout.

 

He groaned internally at the sight. It's been two days that he can't have a decent sleep without thinking about Jongin. Without thinking about him and Jongin. Just what really is happening? He thought, frustrated.

 

Thinking of Jongin, for him, was like a normal thing to do. That's what you do when you like someone for almost two years, right? I mean, Jongin always crossed his mind and it didn't bother him for a bit, but right now, it's different. Was Jongin really his fiancé?


 

Flashback

 

Kyungsoo was told to go directly to his cousin's office after Jin drove him home. (And of course with Jongin, if that's necessary to say)

 

He knocked at the door twice and heard a soft 'come in' coming from inside. He slowly opened it and peeked at the small crack. He saw his cousin busy typing on her laptop doing some of her work. She has an office in her own house because sometimes when she's not done with her work at her company, she tends to bring them and finish it at home. Kyungsoo wondered how she did that because it was so stressful just by looking at her works. Her eyes were furrowed as if she was in deep thoughts.

 

Minjin glanced up. When she saw it was Kyungsoo, she saved her work and closed her laptop.

 

"Sit here." Minjin motioned Kyungsoo, pointing at the seat across her as she arranged the papers that were scattered on her desk and stowed it in one of her drawers.

 

Kyungsoo silently sat on the chair adjacent to Minjin's table. The seat was comfortable but why Kyungsoo suddenly felt otherwise? He was cautiously sitting, and he was fidgeting in his seat for some reason. Did he do something wrong?

 

Did his cousin find out about the vase? Was that something important? Like an heirloom from her grandparents or something? Kyungsoo panicked at his thought. If so, then that must be important.

 

"Noona I'm so sorry it was an accident." Kyungsoo pleaded to his cousin, eyes widened and his lips formed in a thin line. The woman looked puzzled at his outburst, raising her eyebrow. 

 

"What?" Minjin confusedly asked as she leaned forward, resting her chin on her hands that were clasped on the table.

 

"I didn't mean to break it. I stepped on my foot and stumbled forward then my body hit the table then the vase fell. It was a total accident. I'm so sorry." Kyungsoo was on the verge of tears as he explained what happened. What vase was he talking about? Minjin thought. Might as well take advantage of this situation.

 

"O-kayyy." Minjin was still confused, but she used that chance and took advantage of his cousin's state. She composed herself and got up, walked around and stood in front of Kyungsoo. Her hands crossed and looked at his poor cousin who was still oblivious.

 

"So what will you do for me to reflect on what you did?" Minjin asked, keeping a stiff upper lip.

 

Kyungsoo quivered but said, "I will do anything, noona." Kyungsoo lowered his head and was taken aback from what he just said.

 

Bingo. Minjin grinned inwardly. A smirk was about to form on her lips, so she pursed them into a thin line, keeping her lips not to twitch and make his cousin wonder about her plan.

 

"Since that's what you want. I need you to do something for me."

 

Kyungsoo was sent to his room and was told to wear the clothes that the maid prepared earlier that day. He took a shower and opened his closet. He wondered why he needed to wear formal attire.

 

"A tuxedo? Seriously?" He muttered to himself. He was confused because he thought his cousin needed to discuss something important. And why would he wear a tuxedo? Then he remembered about the important people that they will meet, though it still didn't explain why he needed to be there.

 

He shrugged that thought and just wore the clothes anyway.

 

Kyungsoo styled his hair and gelled it upward. He fixed his tie and was shocked by what he saw in the mirror.

 

"I didn't think I have it in me." He said to himself as he ironed his coat using the palm of his hands. He admired himself. He turned to his right and scanned his side view. Then to his left and grinned sheepishly.

 

He examined carefully to see if there were any creases but saw none.

 

He was not like this before. But since he started living in his cousin's care, he needs to make himself be more presentable. His cousin always reminded him to look good and wear clothes that suit him, not just some plain shirts. But simple shirts are comfortable. Since they will be meeting important people, he needs to look good if he doesn't want himself to be a laughingstock and embarrass his cousin.

 

Someone knocked at his door and called him to get ready because they will be leaving after ten minutes.

 

He glanced up to himself in his mirror one last time to make sure that he looked appropriate, and once he was done examining himself and contended how he looked, he went downstairs and met his cousin.

 

Hojung drove them to a hotel. It was a quiet ride. His cousin didn’t mention anything. He was about to ask  Minjin but the latter’s phone rang for an incoming call. Kyungsoo just left it and just waited where they would go. Kyungsoo gasped at the sight of the hotel that they were in, it was one of the most expensive and popular hotels in Korea. What were they doing there? Rather what was he doing there?

 

He can't believe that he'll be in it. The car stopped in front of the hotel and a valet ran towards the door of their car and opened it.

 

Minjin hopped out first, followed by Kyungsoo. The man bowed at them and Minjin gave him a nod as she sashayed herself inside the hotel. But since it was Kyungsoo's first time experiencing it, he bowed cautiously to the man who opened the car. The latter smiled at him and motioned his hand to go inside.

 

Hojung, the assistant followed them as he gave the keys to the valet to park the car. He leads them to where they will meet those important people.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as they entered the lobby. There was an enormous chandelier hanging on the ceiling, expensive furniture on display, the waiting area has these comfortable couches. When he looked out the window outside, there was a big fountain that had lights. 

 

It was a nice view, and he appreciated it most since it was dark. The lights that surrounded it were colorful and it’s like they're blinking with glee.

 

Staff greeted them as they passed by in the lobby. They bowed at them and he noticed Minjin walked confidently while he looked stiff and looked like he'd faint in a minute.

 

"Mr. Kim is already here madam." One of the staff informed Minjin as they're getting closer at a fancy restaurant inside the hotel.

 

"I'll wait outside ma'am." Hojung said and bowed to both cousins. Minjin nodded and he walked away.

 

The staff led the way on where they will be having their meeting. Just the thought of Mr. Kim made Kyungsoo nervous. Mr. Kim sounds like a strict man. And who was Mr. Kim anyway? Why would he meet him if he's one of the most important people in the industry? Why does it concern him? So many questions running in his mind but still he didn't get any answer.

 

Kyungsoo scanned the restaurant as they entered and pursed his lips tightly to avoid bursting out embarrassing comments on what he was seeing. He tends to give remarks to anything that caught his attention.

 

That was new to him. All of what happened was new to him. So he composed himself to make it less obvious.

 

Kyungsoo was busy admiring the i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter